PDA

View Full Version : x-mag question

HuD1Ni
07-16-2006, 02:19 PM
when I first got my x-mag in, when I air'd it up, it wouldn't shoot at all.. then I messed around with it, and once I was really low on air to where it would click but not even move the bolt, it would shoot then.. now I just got more air, and it wo'nt even shoot again..

I have the ace turned off, because i'm not using balls, I have the trigger/grub set right so that it's not constantly clicking the celenoid 24/7.. I have the yellow pin out so that the electronics work.. it turns on, makes the litttle clicking noises when I pull the trigger, but it won't shoot.. and velocity I think is set to somwhere around 230, 234 which is reaslly low, but not low enough so it wont shoot...

can somone help me out ?

Dartshot123
07-16-2006, 02:22 PM
What mode is it set in, Mechanical or Electric? Also, are you sure you don't have the safety on?

Rudz
07-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Double check that ace is off, check your safety, and try the gun in diff modes, electro, mech, and hybrid, check you air line for clogs, and be sure bolt isn't sticking, with breech off, push bolt back, to see if its seated properly, the marker is cycling, so your on, off should be fine, what's the output on your tank set at?

HuD1Ni
07-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I tried it in all modes.. it shoots in mechanical, but not hybrid or electric.. everything is set up right.. it shoots in mechso the bolt isnt sticking.. it's somthing electronic

EDIT: and I thought these things were supposed to be reliable... my mag always works.. this thing.. idk

Maggot6
07-16-2006, 03:05 PM
I think I may have found your problem...

velocity I think is set to somwhere around 230, 234 which is reaslly low,

When I played indoor, and the velocity was that low it would react nearly the same way. WIth the level ten I played with all the different springs, and finally it went with *I think* the red one.

Good luck/.

*edit

I just read that it shoots in Mech...My solution might not work then...

scrumpy
07-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Make sure that your battery is charged.
Check your plunger length - 3.005. (I think this is your problem)
Are you sure that the solenoid is good?

HuD1Ni
07-16-2006, 03:48 PM
:mad: :mad: , I just got this gun, and am near ready to get rid of it.. now it's hardly clicking, I walk it and it skips so many shots... this gun was cool up until I found out the flaws in it's design... also that grub screw doenst stay in place, i'm consistantly trying to adjust it because it moves out of place, it's to small to teflon, and to hard to set perfect with loctight... i'm close to giving up and I havnt had it for that long.. I had such a hard time with my intimidator, and I don't want to go through with that bs again.. If it comes to me having to send it to agd or tuna, i'd rather just send it to a new owner

HuD1Ni
07-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Make sure that your battery is charged.
Check your plunger length - 3.005. (I think this is your problem)
Are you sure that the solenoid is good?

whats the plunger ? that thing that goes into the selenoid sp? ?
and it was working not that long ago, but it doesnt now

CKY_Alliance
07-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Battery..like 90% of problems with elctronic guns can be fixed with new batteries....so make positivley sure the battery is charged.

javasnot17
07-16-2006, 04:18 PM
:mad: :mad: , I just got this gun, and am near ready to get rid of it.. now it's hardly clicking, I walk it and it skips so many shots... this gun was cool up until I found out the flaws in it's design... also that grub screw doenst stay in place, i'm consistantly trying to adjust it because it moves out of place, it's to small to teflon, and to hard to set perfect with loctight... i'm close to giving up and I havnt had it for that long.. I had such a hard time with my intimidator, and I don't want to go through with that bs again.. If it comes to me having to send it to agd or tuna, i'd rather just send it to a new owner

That's unfortunate. I'm sorry you feel that way man, but I recommend not giving up on it so easily. It sounds like you might have to spend some extra cash to get it repaired, but in the long run, it'll be worth it. One more thing dude, I looked at yours pics of the gun on PBN, & it doesn't seem that you have an ACE board installed in it. Are you aware of that? I might be wrong about the whole thing, but in this thread you did say that you turned off the ACE board.

psychowarden
07-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Sounds like the EXACT same problem I was having with mine. I had no clue what is wrong with it, so I sent it to Tunaman, and he should be getting done with it this weekend, and I will tell you if he fixes it or not.

Most people were saying that the battery was going dead, but after testing it, that wasnt it. I could hear the solonoid click, but the gun wouldnt fire, it almost seemed like the on/off pin wasnt getting hit hard enough, because, like you, I could shoot just fine in mech mode. My guess is that maybe the solonoid is going dead, but Im not sure.

Yes, the plunger is the part that goes into the solonoid.

CKY, the problem with getting a fresh battery, is that the batteries cost $80 :tard:

But like others are saying, its worth it. I will never get rid of my X-mag, I will have it untill I stop paintballing.

Mind'sEye
07-16-2006, 04:51 PM
There are things that are very specific to the E/Xmag operation. When set up properly they are great performers, particularly with the Xmod and Tunablade. Problem is you have to be patient enough to learn all the ins and outs. Getting frustrated won't help 'cause it clouds your judgement.

1. Learn all you can about the gun:

This is a good place to start http://www.havoc-online.com/11699.html?*session*id*key*=*session*id*val*

2. Like they say battery, battery, battery..........

3. The plunger length should be: 3.005" :p

4. When in doubt use the gold lvl10 spring and crank the velocity pressure up a bit.

5. Take the trouble to send it to Tunaman if you can't figure it out. It will be well worth the trouble.

CKY_Alliance
07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Sounds like the EXACT same problem I was having with mine. I had no clue what is wrong with it, so I sent it to Tunaman, and he should be getting done with it this weekend, and I will tell you if he fixes it or not.

Most people were saying that the battery was going dead, but after testing it, that wasnt it. I could hear the solonoid click, but the gun wouldnt fire, it almost seemed like the on/off pin wasnt getting hit hard enough, because, like you, I could shoot just fine in mech mode. My guess is that maybe the solonoid is going dead, but Im not sure.

Yes, the plunger is the part that goes into the solonoid.

CKY, the problem with getting a fresh battery, is that the batteries cost $80 :tard:

But like others are saying, its worth it. I will never get rid of my X-mag, I will have it untill I stop paintballing.

Umm calling me a retard?..ok so they are expensive thats why i said make sure it has a good charge since it has a re-chargable battery..maybe you where just saying the price is retarded..but thought i would point that out either way.

HuD1Ni
07-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Idk, i'll give it a night to sleep and maybe things will work for my head tomorrow.. thanks for all the help guys.. i'm charging the battery tonight, just to make sure!

psychowarden
07-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Umm calling me a retard?

No, Im saying its retarded that the batteries are $80. Sorry, didnt mean to offend you.

Maggot6
07-16-2006, 08:19 PM
If I were you, I'd DEFINETLY clear my head before I tried selling that thing. It seems people that are to hasty to do things like that, always end up saying "I wish I could have just kept it"...

psychowarden
07-16-2006, 08:21 PM
If I were you, I'd DEFINETLY clear my head before I tried selling that thing. It seems people that are to hasty to do things like that, always end up saying "I wish I could have just kept it"...

Yeah, especially when we are talking about one of the shark attack mags.

bleachit
07-16-2006, 08:23 PM
contact tunaman, if all else fails send it to him.

HuD1Ni
07-16-2006, 09:07 PM
I got it working, it was a mix of adjusting the trigger, charging the battery, and adjuting the grub screw..

so is there any good way of securing the grub screw ? it seems ot move in as I walk it.. tefloning one of those is pointless as it all comes out.. and loc titght would set to fast.. any help ?.. also when I was shooting my gun, it starting doing some chuffs as I walked it when it got under a thousand.. my other mag starts chuffing under 500.. is there a difference in efficiancy with these ?

javasnot17
07-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Good to hear you figured it out & got it working. Judging from your pics on PBN, I'd seriously invest in a red or blue TunaBlade. This, and this alone would take care of your grub screw problem.

HuD1Ni
07-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Good to hear you figured it out & got it working. Judging from your pics on PBN, I'd seriously invest in a red or blue TunaBlade. This, and this alone would take care of your grub screw problem.

just might, but that fireblade is seriously comfortable

psychowarden
07-16-2006, 11:20 PM
So is the tunablade.

Tunaman
07-17-2006, 04:40 AM
there is an oring on the trigger magnet mount. If this oring is not in place the trigger adjustment will forever come loose. i see you have a fireblade. They have no oring as in the factory trigger so you just need to loctite the adjusting screw with blue loctite.

trev_pbller
07-17-2006, 08:16 AM

Before saying the gun has a flawed design, learn more about the product you are trying to fix. One thing I cannot stand is people coming on the forum who have limited experience with mags and automatically down them. It's a hell of a gun, and I'd really hang on to it. It's worth more than any intimidator ever will be, to me. Tuna is the man with the plan when it comes to these things- any problems, he's your guy. BTW Tuna, I think #2 might be going to a new owner :( .

HuD1Ni
07-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Before saying the gun has a flawed design, learn more about the product you are trying to fix. One thing I cannot stand is people coming on the forum who have limited experience with mags and automatically down them. It's a hell of a gun, and I'd really hang on to it. It's worth more than any intimidator ever will be, to me. Tuna is the man with the plan when it comes to these things- any problems, he's your guy. BTW Tuna, I think #2 might be going to a new owner :( .

eh, I was ranting a little because I was very mad yesterday, because every electronic gun i've owned never ever worked right... I shouldn't have said it was a flawed design, but rather one that doesn't work with me. I think I got it working, it shoots, but it drained what air I had left very fast, so maybe I just didn;t have alot in there, I didn't check much.. I have been hanging around mags for quite some time, but i'm new to electronic mags, so i'm not completely oblivious.

And, Tuna, now that you mention that O-Ring, it's a very high possibilty that I might get a Tuna blade, rather then keep my fireblade..

HuD1Ni
07-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Ok took it out to play today, and it wouldn't work the whole day. Everything was set nicly, and fresh battery and it wouldn't work.. first when I tunred it on, it would click.. then stop.. then I couldnt cycle through the modes in the board.. then after It would start cycling through modes, it started clicking, then it would chuff beyond imagination../ and before I could fix anything I ran out of air.. somthing is wrong with the valve or somthing.. because it EATS air.. like I would be happy if I could get like 600 out of it.. I dont know.. I know mags arn't THAT bad on air..

But i'm thinking that I'm going to sell it.. I know alot of you might think I'm crazy, but I know you hardcore X-mager's will know how to run it properly.. and this thing is way to beautiful to let sit around as display.. so I should put it in the hands of somone who can tame it into shape.. So you just might see a new threas in the BST.. possibly.. if I can't fix it

Edit: did I also mention I stuck a sharpie in the brech to see if the level ten works ( x valve ) and it shattered it ?

hipster
07-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I know this has been covered already but

1 -is you tank high pressure - and by that i mean there are not many hp tanks that give a good 800- consistantly

2- are sure your trigger is not set too far in

3 are you sure it has a level X installed if it does its not set right
( I would re install the level ten right from scratch- strip it all out and start over )

4 oil it through your on /off a few drops then put you tank on and air it up

5 how much do you want for it ?????

JRingold
07-21-2006, 12:24 AM
somthing is wrong with the valve or somthing.. because it EATS air.. like I would be happy if I could get like 600 out of it.. I dont know.. I know mags arn't THAT bad on air..

But i'm thinking that I'm going to sell it.. I know alot of you might think I'm crazy, but I know you hardcore X-mager's will know how to run it properly.. and this thing is way to beautiful to let sit around as display.. so I should put it in the hands of somone who can tame it into shape.. So you just might see a new threas in the BST.. possibly.. if I can't fix it

Edit: did I also mention I stuck a sharpie in the brech to see if the level ten works ( x valve ) and it shattered it ?

Sounds like you should send it to Tuna or another Mag Tech if you get frustrated so easily with it. I'm sure you could find a buyer who can take care of it as well...

Rudz
07-21-2006, 12:40 AM
. I'm sure you could find a buyer who can take care of it as well...

my thoughts exactly

JRingold
07-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I can always use another X-Mag...

Rudz
07-21-2006, 08:48 PM
i pm'ed him first

HuD1Ni
07-21-2006, 10:52 PM
lol.. i'm not normally so jumpy with decisions, but i've been put through shi..poo ( not getting banned again ) with my previous electreonic gun, and I'm not going to stand for it anymore, but this thing is awesome.. and I know it has it in it to work right, so i'm going to send it off to some tech and get thing thing straight, make sure everything is set right, then i'm going to smash some heads with the gun on the field, and make the blodd stains on it actually real..

/it's also good to know if it needs a home, it can find one..

I just need to stay calm.. and fix things

nate2k191
07-21-2006, 11:01 PM
i'd say sell it to rudz, he needs another x-mag since he got screwed in his last deal, plus he is fighting to beat out a-tach-one and he needs all the help he can get, and he also needs an sfl... hah.

LinearGoose
07-22-2006, 05:13 AM
Do us all a favor and sell it.

HuD1Ni
07-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Do us all a favor and sell it.

Nah, in my more relaxed state.. I'm going to keep it, and by the way.. selling it would only do one person a favor