PDA

View Full Version : What Tom Kaye did on his Christmas Holiday

AGD
12-23-2001, 04:46 AM
All,

I would like to be saying hi from sunny Florida but that is not to be. I am spending my Christmas locked in the gun dyno room figuring out what is going on with the Superbolts. Just so we could share here are a few pics of my vacation spa.

AGD

Below is gun dyno room in full swing
http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/gundyno01.JPG

Below is the Extreme extensively sensored with two bolt position sensors, peak pressure behind ball sensor and ball leaving barrel sensor.
http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/gundyno03.JPG

The sensor mess...
http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/gundyno04.JPG

The three black vee's is a dual redundant cronograph that takes two velocity readings every shot to make sure they are accurate.
http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/gundyno05.jpg

Grey_Goose
12-23-2001, 05:08 AM
d00d you need to ask Santa for some wire management accessories :D

what's the Angel for?

zads27
12-23-2001, 06:48 AM
Tom, you workaholic! :eek:
Dang, I really love AGD customer service, but this is ridiculous!
Take a vacation! you deserve it after all the work you've been doing lately

The angel is Tom's superman angel, which he got in a E-mag for Angel trade at IAO or somewheres.

What does Tom do with the angels? Well, he dynos the angels on that contraption to compare performance against the E-mag and other markers which have been put onto his torture rack,
and then I guess Tom rips out all the little elves hiding inside the angels, beats them with a boomstick filled with more elves, then as the surviving elves run away, he pelts them from down the hall with those crazy military paintballs (see video 4 of AGD tour at www.720video.com ), then squishes them with his cool lookin elf eating dinosaur halo.

but then again, that's just my guess.

Cha0tic
12-23-2001, 07:56 AM
the "sensor mess" looks a little messy. Tom, clean your room....

Dave
12-23-2001, 08:01 AM
wow, I appreciate all that you doing over there, thats really cool!

-Dave

Vegeta
12-23-2001, 08:57 AM
...wish I had all that in my basement.. I don't think I would want to leave for sereral years...

Where you guys get all your sensory equipment? Is it specially made at AGD or is it just some radio shack parts bodged onto the gun?

Vegeta
12-23-2001, 09:08 AM
took one of the photos and highlighted some of the things you might find funny...
-DIET COKE! where would tom be without it?
-The big expensive Emag Extreme gun stand (video camera tripod)
-Duct Tape, mans best friend.
-Crooked chrono stand... (wonderin` why dose readins were off!)
-The dreaded Angel.
and...

Is that a black AGD sweatshirt!
lol j/k

Vegeta
12-23-2001, 09:10 AM
oops, forgot to attach this:

Cha0tic
12-23-2001, 10:20 AM
what about the numerous nitro tanks under the desk?

paintdevil1
12-23-2001, 10:29 AM
looks like an Ohio State shirt to me

Tbone
12-23-2001, 10:47 AM
Good luck there Tom! :)

i-luv-my-rt
12-23-2001, 10:54 AM
Are you still trying to figure out the wear problem on these bolts or something else. So far with mine i havent had any wear just a little scratching on the end of the bolt for the metal nubbins. I have a honed out spring and thats what i thought you were stating to be a salution to these problems. Just wanna know the details. Thanks!!!!

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-23-2001, 10:56 AM
Hey Tom,
If you need anyone to take some of those tanks off your hands....
I'm YOUR guy!:D

cphilip
12-23-2001, 11:06 AM
Surprisingly enough Tom a lot of us would welcome being locked up in the dyno room for Christmas! I guess its old stuff to you but to most of us it would be cool! Well...as long as you got a nice vintage Port and a good cigar in there with you....I could dig it! :)

TITAN
12-23-2001, 11:20 AM
What color is that modular? Is that just silver?I like that color:)

tranman
12-23-2001, 11:24 AM
Vegeta that is clearly a Diet Pepsi, look at the 2nd pic of the close up on the extreme, you can clearly see Pepsi.

Temo Vryce
12-23-2001, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Vegeta
took one of the photos and highlighted some of the things you might find funny...
-DIET COKE! where would tom be without it?

Hey Vegeta, if was you I would take a look in the second picture and look at the Pop can to the left of the trigger frame. Now you will notice that Tom is Drinking a diet "PEPSI" not "COKE". Now if you would be so kind as to apologize to all of us Coke drinkers we would be grateful. :)

Magsrule3
12-23-2001, 12:07 PM
Good luck Tom, i still want a Superbolt and will probally get one after Christmas if all the bugs are worked out. You need a vacation!

the JoKeR
12-23-2001, 06:28 PM
Wonder what kind of test lab a company such as....oh, say... 32 Degrees or Kingman has.

The box is pretty enough, let's send it to manufacturing!

or-

We just bolted on these extra parts we found from three years ago... Hey, a new model gun that looks and works just like the previous 30 we released! It'll be a hit!

LoveMyMag
12-23-2001, 07:43 PM
What color is that modular? Is that just silver?I like that color

Looks like it might just be unfinished.

MajorDamage
12-23-2001, 07:55 PM
Yeah, there is a bunch of pics with him in the black AGD sweatshirt. And just for fun, heres a pic of me in <B>MY</B> black AGD sweatshirt I won at the AO BDAY PARTY! lol. And that gun with all the sensors rules!

ENDO!

zvanut
12-23-2001, 08:10 PM
hey major, if u arent careful your e-mag will turn into the pic of all the stuff messed up :)

Vegeta
12-23-2001, 08:16 PM
man i am gettign railed over that diet coke mistake...

Ok Ok it was DIET PEPSI.

I pointed out the stuff you normally wouldn't find/have in a dyno room.... the N2 tanks ppl would expect, though tom was using that huge bulbous, scuba looking thing.

M-a-s-sDriver
12-23-2001, 11:18 PM
See all that crapola laying around the room? It is a thinly veiled attempt to make a Mag as thoughrly complex and confusing as an Auto-cocker. What you are seeing is the minimum requirement in equipment to accomplish that task.
But seriously...
I can foresee the day when all that, umm, stuff... will be integrated into the gun itself.
Just imagine a gun that within a few milliseconds can measure and wiegh the ball, measure the pressure differential in front of the ball and behind it, detect the speed of the paintball as it travels down the barrel and then adjust the output pressure accordingly so that the ball leaves at exactly the predetermined speed that was set.
Imagine a gun that will AUTOMATICALLY insure that your FPS does not vary more than +/- 1/10 of 1 percent.
You may think it is nuts now, but the M1 tank measures probably 20 variables befor it fires a shot, and computers in cars are to the point where an active suspension can make realtime adjustments within 1/1000 of a second after the detection event.
One day we will long for the old days when you could get an Angel or E-mag for ONLY 1200 dollars.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

a person
12-24-2001, 12:21 AM
GASP!* How dare you mistake diet coke for diet pepsi! pepsi tastes awful, no offense Mr. Kaye. just give me a can of root beer or dr pepper and ill be happy.
I thought the AGD testing lab would be like area 51 with aliens, cia, and vaults with masses of agd technology far advanced than sliced white bread.
mess of wires and stuff=totally disassmebled cocker
poor tom if i could i would give you a present for working too hard, i guess ill have to buy one of your products, darn:)
oh what would the kingman and 32 degrees testing lab would look like? imagine the brass eagle one, walmart!

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-24-2001, 01:00 AM
uh oh i see an angel...

FooTemps
12-24-2001, 01:57 AM
Santa needs to pay Tom Kaye a visit... Maybe someone should get him a new, ORGANIZED dyno system...

XspyX
12-24-2001, 02:40 PM
What kind of barrel is attached to that extreme?

Looks like you got quite the operation going on there..he eh

Shaft
12-24-2001, 03:29 PM
I have the week off, Tom. And some schematics for a new Warp control board, as well as an idea or two for EMags. I can stop over and we can start the AGD Skunkwerks.

SoupRman
12-24-2001, 05:45 PM
hey tom.. merry christmas man!

gimp
12-24-2001, 10:00 PM
While you really don't want to be in there for a long time, I think it would be a lot of fun. Make sure you spend time with your family and friends for christmas, and have some fun!!!!

Riot[Z-Grip]
12-24-2001, 10:32 PM
Thanks Tom! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year while your at it, b/c I will be out of state and not able to tell you then.

-Riot

P.S. If you can still use Bounce Test Info, I'll do it when I get back. (I seriously haven't had paint to use in the longest time, been over 1.5 months since I've played.)

P.P.S. PEPSI Rules!.... But Orange Soda is better, sometime when I get the cash, I'll ship a case to all the AGD crew... Yeah I'm serious.

FDB1
12-24-2001, 10:50 PM
What would we do without Tom :)

Merry Christmas AGD

kilaueakid
12-26-2001, 11:57 AM
What kind of data you got for us? Good news or bad news? Keep us posted! Inquiring minds want to know!
:eek: