PDA

View Full Version : New leak in my Tac one

da bear
07-16-2006, 05:48 PM
I've recently developed a new leak in my tac one I'm having a hard time tracking down. The air is bleeding out the back of the X-valve, which to my knowledge means it's over pressure. I'm using the same tank I have been, a 68ci 3000k. I have had no problems since I first got the valve tuned correctly- haven't even had to adjust the velocity. I'm currently using the .5 carrier and one shim, if that might help. I'm stumped, any ideas? :mad: :mad:

-Da bear

chill will
07-16-2006, 07:27 PM
When was the last time you changed or oiled your o-rings?

Depending on how long you have had your marker it could just be time for a o-ring kit.

I would check all my orings for tears.

athomas
07-16-2006, 07:38 PM
It could be a piece of dirt in the large oring around the regulator piston assembly in the back.

chill will
07-16-2006, 08:38 PM
this may help.

http://www.jayloo.com/videos/show_vid/2533.html

da bear
07-17-2006, 03:00 AM
The last time I lubed it was likely two playing days ago. I usually lube it every time, but I know that I skipped a day very recently. After I posted, I thought about just doing a total ring replacement, just because along with the air coming out came some black goo that to me looked like blown up urethane. Thanks for the input.

da bear
07-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Keep in mind this is the first time I've taken apart the back end of the valve body. I'm hoping the problem was the ring listed in the photo that came with my marker as part 24 (000113). In nate2k191's blow up, it was listed as Reg. nut o-ring. Mine is missing a REALLY big chunk. All the other rings seem to be OK.

My next question is, my normal response to the problem is to clean all localized parts with a toothbrush and dish detergent, replace all parts while lubing them lightly, and then once assembled, lubing as normal. Will I run into any problems doing this?

Thank you.

-Da Bear

athomas
07-18-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm hoping the problem was the ring listed in the photo that came with my marker as part 24 (000113). In nate2k191's blow up, it was listed as Reg. nut o-ring. Mine is missing a REALLY big chunk. All the other rings seem to be OK.

My next question is, my normal response to the problem is to clean all localized parts with a toothbrush and dish detergent, replace all parts while lubing them lightly, and then once assembled, lubing as normal. Will I run into any problems doing this?

The part listed as part 24 is actually called the regulator piston oring. It will cause air to leak out the back of the valve if it is bad.

You probably don't have to get quite so dilligent in your cleaning. A wipe with a clean cloth usually gets the parts clean. Dish detergent is a bit of overkill, plus you then have to worry about soap residue in the valve. Soap residue will break down the oil film and prevent the oil from being effective.

da bear
07-18-2006, 11:58 AM
The main reason I am thinking of a thorough cleaning is that the whole assembly back there is absolutely filthy. Considering I have no idea where the chunk from the regulator nut o-ring is, I figured just clean the whole bloody thing. Actually, a couple of the parts are going to get a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner at work. There are advantages to being a machinist.

Thanks.