PDA

View Full Version : 2 power tube questions

spwz99
07-17-2006, 07:24 PM
1. In the exploded view of the classic valve, http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf , there is an o-ring pictured below the power tube spacer. Should this o-ring be visible by simply taking off the power tube tip and sliding out the power tube spacer, or do I have to do something else to get to it? Because I removed the power tube spacer and there was no o-ring to be seen.

2. Can anyone explain what exactly the power tube spacer does, because I can't figure it out.

Thanks

MikeRosenthal
07-17-2006, 07:43 PM
1. In the exploded view of the classic valve, http://www.airgun.com/downloads/valveexplodedview.pdf , there is an o-ring pictured below the power tube spacer. Should this o-ring be visible by simply taking off the power tube tip and sliding out the power tube spacer, or do I have to do something else to get to it? Because I removed the power tube spacer and there was no o-ring to be seen.

2. Can anyone explain what exactly the power tube spacer does, because I can't figure it out.

Thanks

1) Does the gun work? It should function only as a fire extinguisher without that o-ring.

2) The power tube spacer allows the you to "Tune" the distance between the o-ring and the bolt by using slightly longer or shorter spacers. This in turn changes the activation point of firing. it allows for slight differances in the o-ring bolt-pin relationship.

-MR

spwz99
07-17-2006, 07:53 PM
1) Does the gun work? It should function only as a fire extinguisher without that o-ring.

2) The power tube spacer allows the you to "Tune" the distance between the o-ring and the bolt by using slightly longer or shorter spacers. This in turn changes the activation point of firing. it allows for slight differances in the o-ring bolt-pin relationship.

-MR

The gun has worked for two years now, and has recently developed a leak out the barrel that stopped when i pulled the trigger, so I took the power tube off to check the o-rings for leaks, only to find that, well, i couldn't find the o-ring. :D

rb211
07-17-2006, 08:56 PM
The o-ring should be clearly visible when you have taken the power tube tip and spacer out. If it's gone, slide a new one in there and you should be back in business.

spwz99
07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
The o-ring should be clearly visible when you have taken the power tube tip and spacer out. If it's gone, slide a new one in there and you should be back in business.

What could have happened to the o-ring? They don't just disappear, and the gun was bought new about two years ago and has always worked near flawlessly. I am stumped.

the mag guy
07-18-2006, 07:01 AM
In the days of my brother's classic mag, his mag used to eat those little o-rings. Well it would more of throw them up. I'd be shooting it and start dry firing, so I'd look in the feed tube to see my bolt poking foward. After finally disassembling the gun I noticed a little o-ring was stuck inside the back part of the bolt! This happened atleast 5 times over 2 years of play with a classic mag. We know they came from the power tube, but thats it. They didn't all come out at the same time. One would come out and we'd replace it, then a month or so later it would throw it up and so on.

rb211
07-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I've seen them fly out the front, I've seen them wrap around the bolt piston, I've seen them do some pretty funky stuff. It happens. Nothing necessarily wrong with the gun. Just keep a few spares and you'll be good.