PDA

View Full Version : New work related toy!

billybob_81067
07-17-2006, 11:42 PM
We got a new "used" bale wagon today. Has a whole whopping 150 engine hours on it. FREAKING ROCKS! :headbang:

Anyways here's some pics for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/billybob_81067/DSCF0898.jpg

And another

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/billybob_81067/DSCF0893.jpg

I'm teaching that munchkin in the 2nd pic how to run it so I can just sit back and watch from now on. ;)

Well I'm tired and need to go to bed so I can wake up in an hour or two and go bale some hay. :ninja:

geekwarrior
07-17-2006, 11:58 PM
sweet.....I worked at a feedstore delivering hay for about 5 years, never got to see one of those. We did get a squeeze though, to replace the old boom hay loader, and that thing was fun!

PyRo
07-18-2006, 12:21 AM
It looks like a bus on crack.

FooTemps
07-18-2006, 12:27 AM
... that is freaking awesome! lol

Lohman446
07-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Anyone else notice the cockpit kinda looks like an afterthought?

FooTemps
07-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Anyone else notice the cockpit kinda looks like an afterthought?
That's why its so awesome!

Army
07-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I ran a stacker for a while, when I worked on a hay ranch. Big 'ol Allis-Chalmers. I think it was a 20ton stacker. Sure made bucking the bales a HELL of a lot easier :p

billybob_81067
07-18-2006, 03:16 PM

Lol... on crack, some meth, and maybe some steroids too! :p

Lohman the cab on these stackers does always look like they just threw it on there last minute, but that's the way they've always been ever since the first stack wagons. They just built the machine so it could do its thing and then stuck the cab where there was some room. lol

I'm just kind of starting to get used to stacking with it. It's craziness! Trying to learn yesterday I was like a special ed. kid in a candy store... soo many buttons to push! :) You actually have to program in the stack pattern that you want it to do into the computer and then it will do it automatically.

It's so much nicer than our old bale 1049 super bale wagon. Now I've got A/C, an air ride seat, 5 speed Allison automatic transmission, 6.8L turbocharged diesel engine... Only thing wrong with it is there's no radio! There's a spot for one and all the wiring and speakers are there, the dealer just never installed one. My dad's gonna gripe about that before he writes the check. You'd figure if you just dropped a hundred grand on a piece of equipment it'd at least have a freakin stereo! :p

billybob_81067
07-18-2006, 03:21 PM
sweet.....I worked at a feedstore delivering hay for about 5 years, never got to see one of those. We did get a squeeze though, to replace the old boom hay loader, and that thing was fun!

Are you talking about one of those hay loaders that squeeze the stack from the sides to grip the bales? I've heard of them, but never seen one before. We've got a hay grapple on a fork lift that sets down on top of the stack and picks up 18 bales at a time. Makes it nice for loading semi's and other trailers.

Army, I never even knew Allis Chalmers made a bale wagon. You should try and find a pic of that one and post it up! :)

ojhspyro89
07-18-2006, 03:40 PM

Or a bus with a birth defect.

Crighton
07-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Christ I could have used one of those !!!

Unloaded and stacked about a billion bales by hand for my grand parents dairy farm.

Maggot6
07-18-2006, 04:43 PM
I help out a few times a week during the first and second cuts of hay for my friends farm...Every time I see a bale/bail of hay I feel like death. Working for 10+ hours lifting damn 60-80 pound bails one after another relentlessely makes you hate it....

Army
07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Army, I never even knew Allis Chalmers made a bale wagon. You should try and find a pic of that one and post it up! :)
Well, it was an Allis tractor, so I always figured it to have been an Allis stacker.....geez, it's been 30 years, so I might be wrong on the make:D

Army
07-19-2006, 02:21 PM
I help out a few times a week during the first and second cuts of hay for my friends farm...Every time I see a bale/bail of hay I feel like death. Working for 10+ hours lifting damn 60-80 pound bails one after another relentlessely makes you hate it....
Wuss! :D

Come on down here, our alfalfa bales can go 130-150lbs!

FooTemps
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Wuss! :D

Come on down here, our alfalfa bales can go 130-150lbs!

Those weigh more than I do...

Recon by Fire
07-19-2006, 08:24 PM
How many BPS (bales per second) does she get? You porobably need a new board... :rolleyes:

geekwarrior
07-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Are you talking about one of those hay loaders that squeeze the stack from the sides to grip the bales? I've heard of them, but never seen one before. We've got a hay grapple on a fork lift that sets down on top of the stack and picks up 18 bales at a time. Makes it nice for loading semi's and other trailers.

thatd be the one. Can pick up a whole dump (64+bales)

and our bales were 130-180 lbs. :wow: I would deliver 100 of those at a time, sometimes out in Palm Springs in 110 weather, 130 in peoples barns. Drag them 30 feet and stack them 5 high.(thats above my head) That was work, epsecially since you pretty much had to were pants and chaps so your knees didnt get torn up. The first 50 you felt like you were going to die, the last 50 you wish you were dead.

geekwarrior
07-19-2006, 08:53 PM
How many BPS (bales per second) does she get? You porobably need a new board... :rolleyes:

:rofl: