PDA

View Full Version : automag speedball

jakub-pl
07-18-2006, 09:58 PM
i havent played any tourny's with the automag rt i just bought, so far it works great, kindof heavy but i havent fully tested it out yet.

i was wondering if anyone who has a rt uses it for speedball. i was think of getting the lvl X upgrade and a new barrel but i dotn know if its worth it?

HuD1Ni
07-18-2006, 10:01 PM
i havent played any tourny's with the automag rt i just bought, so far it works great, kindof heavy but i havent fully tested it out yet.

i was wondering if anyone who has a rt uses it for speedball. i was think of getting the lvl X upgrade and a new barrel but i dotn know if its worth it?

I've been speeding it up with my RT.. If your a real player you won't have anytime owning people.. just play the snake.. with a warp setup you'll pack right in there.. otherwise now that I have an X-mag, tounry ball is a breeze!

jakub-pl
07-18-2006, 10:05 PM
i was trying to look for this wrap set up and couldnt find it.

would u mind posting a link to it?

HuD1Ni
07-18-2006, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=jakub-pl]i was trying to look for this wrap set up and couldnt find it.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=314&categoryID=4

do you have a warp body ?

CKY_Alliance
07-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Some tournaments won't allow you to use any gun with an RT...because of bounce...so ye you can play air ball with it but might now be able to get in any tournaments.

Army
07-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Some tournaments won't allow you to use any gun with an RT...because of bounce...so ye you can play air ball with it but might now be able to get in any tournaments.
Which is really funny now, since ramping and electric bounce is allowed in many tourney's

CKY_Alliance
07-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Which is really funny now, since ramping and electric bounce is allowed in many tourney's

controlled ramping is allowed..and i dont know of any series that allows bounce.

Army
07-18-2006, 11:13 PM
I should have clarified. The RT raised such a scream about its high rate of fire back in the mid 90's, that it was specifically named and banned by the then governing body for the rules of paintball tourney play. Even today the echo's of that ban linger on.

Back then 15 balls a second was caused by the Devil himself....or Tom Kaye, whatever!

Today, ramping, full auto, electric bounce....WAS boards....pirated X-mods, are all accepted as a normal part of the game. But that RT notation in the Rule Book still has to be clarified and discussed...or banned.

Ya suppose the Stock gunners know sumpin' we don't?

CKY_Alliance
07-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Ye i think the only reason bounce is illegal is because it cant be capped..or controlled to a certain extent it can, ramping was illegal untill they capped it..so if they could cap bounce at 15 they would probably allow it.

Rudz
07-18-2006, 11:20 PM
years later and they still cower in front of the mighty mags

68magOwner
07-19-2006, 04:05 AM
Ye i think the only reason bounce is illegal is because it cant be capped..or controlled to a certain extent it can, ramping was illegal untill they capped it..so if they could cap bounce at 15 they would probably allow it.

not correct at all. you can turn you marker onto semi automatic mode, debounce 1 and cap it at 15bps, just as easily as you can cap ramping at 15bps. The reason bounce is NOT allowed at ANY event is because it is not controllable. I have seen markers (including mags) runaway and tack on extra balls on people even when the user had stopped shooting. In fact i have borrowed markers that are perfect examples of why bounce is not allowed. When a marker is bouncing, you can be shooting, then, when you stop, it can just keep on firing and lay waste to someone, and is just a general safter hazard to players, thus, deemed illegal.

(may have talked myself in a circle there a little bit, but, its nearing 5:30 in the morning, im in the middle of writing my final paper for summer classes, im going to the beach in 4hours, and, i just dont care)

geekwarrior
07-19-2006, 08:41 AM
not correct at all. you can turn you marker onto semi automatic mode, debounce 1 and cap it at 15bps, just as easily as you can cap ramping at 15bps. The reason bounce is NOT allowed at ANY event is because it is not controllable. I have seen markers (including mags) runaway and tack on extra balls on people even when the user had stopped shooting. In fact i have borrowed markers that are perfect examples of why bounce is not allowed. When a marker is bouncing, you can be shooting, then, when you stop, it can just keep on firing and lay waste to someone, and is just a general safter hazard to players, thus, deemed illegal.

(may have talked myself in a circle there a little bit, but, its nearing 5:30 in the morning, im in the middle of writing my final paper for summer classes, im going to the beach in 4hours, and, i just dont care)

had this with my angel yesterday...my friend set up my trigger super light, but too much bounce...I'd shoot at someone, stop, and 5-15 balls would still come out. It was my downfall in one game, because we were playing hopper ball and I ran out of paint :(

jakub-pl
07-19-2006, 07:06 PM
although the mag is kindof heavy its a good speedball gun with the lvl X upgrade?

and what length barrel will be the best for it?

psychowarden
07-19-2006, 08:42 PM
It would be great with the level X, because you wont have to worry about chopping no matter how fast you shoot.

And the barrel is purely preference. I personally prefer a 14inch barrel, but my frontplayer uses a 10inch.

jakub-pl
07-19-2006, 09:17 PM
lol im in the middle i have a 12 inch cross drilled, i dont think its going to get any better then that, but i hear so much about the lvl X and how much better it makes it, im going to play one tourny and see how it is , if i like it ill start upgrading it,

and the wrap feed

doesnt that make your gun really big and an easy target?

RavishingEddie
07-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Guys let me tell you! This past weekend I finally got to shoot my Supped up Emag with all the shimmings. Man I played against Ego's, Cockers, PMs, Ions, and shockers. I am a front player and I was putting some fear and getting the attention of the other team big time. I never owned a mag ever and decided to build my Emag from all custom parts it took me about 4 months getting all the parts and having it rip with help of Xmod. As soon as the count down was finished I ran the the 40 and 50 in ten seconds or less. I was putting pressure and ripping my baby on PSP mode all over them Shockers and Egos. I have a 14 inch CCM barrel on my emag, but I had to get the body tip milled to not have the barrel sizer get stuck. That barrel is as accurate as they come though and I love it. My friend has a DM6 and was moving up the snake, but once I spotted him I layed down so much paint he couldn't move. My other team mates took out the other guys and I finally moved in and took my DM6 friend out. I can't wait to put my EMAG on MOTM contest, I am just waiting for Shatnerball to have it signed by TOM and Shatner on either side of my rail. :rolleyes: My only question is how is the Macro line different from the SS micro line hose? I like the SS hose but it makes my gun heavier when compared to the plastic macro line. I live in hot weather if it matters and have Flatline regulator on my Legionair tank.