PDA

View Full Version : twist lock assembly / rail problem

mag_lover05
07-19-2006, 01:27 PM
how to get the twist lock assembly out of a MM rail? i know there is a screw on the bottome, but that makes it, and the spring fall out but what abouut the housing? i cant push it out.....

nevtangle
07-19-2006, 02:14 PM
how to get the twist lock assembly out of a MM rail? i know there is a screw on the bottome, but that makes it, and the spring fall out but what abouut the housing? i cant push it out.....
You don't need to unscrew that, it's just for tension adjustment. I got mine out with a couple good hits of a hammer.

the mag guy
07-19-2006, 02:40 PM
i had to tap mine as well. A commonly overlooked thing is it comes out of the top, meaning you have to hit it lightly from the underside of the rail, pushing it upwards.

another thing to loosen it if you don't want to hit it with a hammer is use an hex wrench and tighten the screw all the way, then continue to turn it clockwise so that it breaks loose of anyhting holding it in place. From there it should be easy to slide out.

athomas
07-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Support the rail with a couple of blocks of wood placed on both sides of the assembly on the top side of the rail. Then tap the bottom of the twist lock assembly with a hammer. Use a block of wood against the assembly to prevent damage. It might take a good hit to get it started. Another option is a vise to press it out.

mag_lover05
07-20-2006, 11:19 PM
yea....i clamped it down...and hit it and its still stuck :( :eek: i hit it hard to

athomas
07-21-2006, 06:23 AM
It takes quite a smack t get it started sometimes. I like the vise method personally. More power and better feel.

Madmarx
07-21-2006, 08:04 AM
yea....i clamped it down...and hit it and its still stuck :( :eek: i hit it hard to

Soak it with oil for a while from both sides, it gets corroded. I would make the adjustment screw flush or slightly in as to not ruin any threads. Place a piece of aluminum over it before you wack it to protect it from damage. Make sure you are driving it from the underside of the rail up through. Hope this helps.