PDA

View Full Version : How paintballs are made

st6212
07-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Dunno if anyone has seen this vid before. Just came across it a few minutes ago:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6300354640369281174&q=%22how+paintballs+r+made%22+playable%3Atrue

the mag guy
07-20-2006, 08:09 AM
pretty neat, nice find

Will Wood
07-20-2006, 09:04 AM
I still don't get how the paint filling process works...that looks like it would only get them partially full

StygShore
07-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Invented how many years ago?

I know guys that have been playing since 1979 :)

Styg

Neat video though

geekwarrior
07-20-2006, 09:44 AM
they add a sweetner? pshh....they need to add alot more, because all the paintballs I've been shot with, it tastes like soap. Some of them smell like bannanas, but they still taste like crap. Edible paintballs, now theres an idea. :ninja:

warbeak2099
07-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Edible paintballs, now theres an idea. :ninja:

Bah, that would ruin paintball eating contests at scenario games. Great video by the way.

StygShore
07-20-2006, 10:08 AM
At one time there were scented paintballs, flavored paintballs, talcum powder filled paintballs (Ouch - like being shot wiht a ball of mud! ), even paintballs with glitter inside to prove people were whiping.

I remember being out in a game and Ceasar Pizzo ( of Detroit Fusion infamy ) laid into me with about 40 rounds of glitter filled rose scented paint, it was horrible!!!

Styg

Maggot6
07-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Every so often you see that on TV...I saw it a few years ago, but it is still neat.

warpfeedmod
07-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Invented how many years ago?

I know guys that have been playing since 1979 :)

Styg

Neat video though

I think they're talking more mainstream here, it's actually been around longer then that I believe, how it all started with the farmers marking their cattle and whatnot.

ttink
07-21-2006, 08:33 PM
even paintballs with glitter inside to prove people were wiping.Now i like that idea. Except cleaning between games. Vacuum?

Rick-USA
07-22-2006, 04:21 AM
The glitter was in with the normal fill. It was a product as I remember from PMI. It didn't last long because it was scratching your lens when you got gogged. There is still scented paint being made, apple, banana and one other I think.

You know people who have been playing since 1979? If that's the case they should make the claim they invented the sport since it's been recorded as not officially starting until 1981 when the first organized game was played in New Hampshire.

warpfeedmod
07-22-2006, 09:07 AM
The glitter was in with the normal fill. It was a product as I remember from PMI. It didn't last long because it was scratching your lens when you got gogged. There is still scented paint being made, apple, banana and one other I think.

You know people who have been playing since 1979? If that's the case they should make the claim they invented the sport since it's been recorded as not officially starting until 1981 when the first organized game was played in New Hampshire.

the key here is "first organized". As I said, the concept of "paintball markers" has been around long before that when farmers used them to mark their cattle heards, and foresters used them to mark trees for cutting.

They started shooting each other and sometime around the 80's (I've heard ranging from 81 - 85 even) that about a dozen people, investment bankers, etc, played the "weekend warrior" game and they purchased several of the tree/cow markers from Nelson (hence the Nel-Splat markers) and started selling them to the public.

If I'm not mistaken around that same time frame the first paintball fireld opened in New York.