PDA

View Full Version : Shimmed Rt vs. Ult

the mag guy
07-20-2006, 08:39 AM
I've seen threads and heard people say that you can shim your RT on/off.
I am assuming that it is possible but it won't make the trigger as light as the ult.
If this is true that means that its still more reactive than the Ult.

so to simplify, shimmed RT on/off = light trigger pull (not as light as ULT), but still keeping reactivity (atleast most of it).

The reason I want to try this is because I want a bouncy trigger, I want to be able to make it full auto when Im running in non-pneu mode and im just playing around in the woods.

I'm sure if it was this easy AGD wouldnt have made a ULT.

Heres my deal:
I have 4 LX shims in my ULT currently. If i try to put a ULT shim in the gun won't fire and leaks. If i try to put another LX shim in (instead of a ULT shim), the valve won't fit in the gun. Im running a fixed output of 800 psi. MY ULT works great for lightening the trigger, but I want reactivity. I believe due to my lower pressure, I'm not able to make my ult bounce or go full auto. This is why I am thinking that I could shim my RT on/off.

I'm stopping by the paintball shop on the way home from work today to get more air. I will be trying to shim the RT on/off tonight around 7 or so. I just wanted to get feedback or suggestions before I started on it. I'm sure somebody here has already done this. I want to know if it really makes a difference while keeping some reactivity.

I really just want to make my mag do this for a day or so. I'm waiting for my lpr to arrive for my pneumag.

I was thinking about taking out two LX shims and adding 4 ULT. I know it is equal, but I'm thinking that if two ULT's are stacked, there is a possibility of it being .11 instead of being .10. Every little bit counts.

Pneumagger
07-20-2006, 08:47 AM
I believe they shim the rt for more reactivity. It shouldn't effect lightnes of trigger too much.

By the way: That piston I sent you...how is it working? How tough was your original piston to move...was it a little tight or just plain hard to move. I have some MPA-3 that seen to not reset fast enough to fire the mag quickly. could the piston be the problem?

the mag guy
07-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Thx for the piston Pneumagger, It couldnt have come at a better time. I took a good look at the old one and it seems a little bit tinier then the one you sent me. When I snapped a new oring on it, it moved easier, but then it would still get jammed. After looking for a bit I found out that the piston I had would turn a bit jamming it crooked. you might wanna take a look to see if thats happening. Also for the arm of the ram, if it goes in crooked then you fire slowly. I got the SS rams in form luke and they are perfect, they have practically no wiggle room . Now attaching them to the piston was a mild pain. the are just big enough where you have to force them on. this is good b/c no epoxy is needed, but its hard to get them perfectly straight.

thx for the help man, Im about tostart another thread about my pneumag with some questions in it. I dont have pics yet b/c I want it to work better.