PDA

View Full Version : AGD Car sighted near Glen Ellyn

Shaft
07-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Who's got the AGD car with the Masonic plates? Jon was that you? What lodge are you a member of?

warpfeedmod
07-21-2006, 02:52 PM
I "had" EMAGGER for a bit out in Arlington Heights on an old '81 Grand Prix, but since the car was totalled I only kept one of hte plates :(

I believe Jon's are AGDJON?

I think one of them has AGDGUY as well?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-21-2006, 04:39 PM
You live in my town!

Shaft
07-24-2006, 06:40 AM
This car didn't have AGD plates. The entire car was covered in AGD graphics. Very cool.

I don't live in Glen Ellyn. I was just passing through when I saw the car.

rkjunior303
07-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Was it the AGD Cougar?

behemoth
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Was it the AGD Cougar?

I'm guessing...

warbeak2099
07-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Lol, Tom Kaye is a freemason. Aaaaah, he belogns to a super secret cult that is trying to take over the world! That's how AGD has been able to stay in business!!!

Thordic
07-25-2006, 12:37 PM
The AGD Cougar is Jon Comprados, not Toms. Tom doesn't drive a Cougar :) I think he has a benz and a suburban, if I remember correctly.

AGDJon
08-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey guys, Long time no see/talk.

Thordic, bro, blast me an email. agdcougar@gmail.com

Shaft, I belong to Old Glory Lodge #141. But I just recently became a Shriner of Medinah temple. Are you a brother?

Ole Unka Phil
08-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Philipino Shriners? Do they drive tuk tuks in parades? Well... I never....

AGDJon
08-20-2006, 01:45 PM
LOL close enough ;-) How ya doing unka phil? Blast me an email bro

Ole Unka Phil
08-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Here is what ya need to clear your Fez

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/BiodieselBajajCabon3.jpg

This happens to be my latest project I am working on now. Getting this ready for the first Football game. A Diesel powered vehicle running on Biodiesel from our program.... still doing lights and about ready to start graphics. If I could get that stoopid hippy from Alabama to email me back he could get the biz... but gotta be fast!

AGDJon
08-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Now that is a classic. How much for a vespa?

Ole Unka Phil
08-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Depends greatly on what you want....

I got a couple of early classic 60's bikes in the project shed... if you want to build one of em your way. They could vary from 2500 to 3500 when done depending on what you wanted to do. Some rarer ones can go on up there. I also have some contacts in Chicago if your interested. Steer completely clear of the Indonesian Vietnamese imports. And often those are missrepresented. If you really want to look for one gimme a holler so I can send you to a reputable source. There is a ton of bodged shinney turds around lately. Dangerous ones even.

AGDJon
08-20-2006, 06:44 PM
LOL will do. I am thinking of doing one custom for the shrine. Since they have their own motorcycle brigade, I can start a vespa brigade. :-) Is your numbers still the same? If not, email them to me

Ole Unka Phil
08-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Same digit for the cell

Actualy... they USED to use Vespa's and Lambretta's for their motor brigades. In fact, occasionaly one still painted in the theme comes up for sale. One just recently on the East Coast as a matter of fact. But if you go back a few years you will find pictures of Shriners using Vespa's almost exclusively... then some groups had Cushmans and a few had Lambretta's. They were all member owned so they went with thier owners and some come out of the barn as they die and get sold. Some pretty cool ones.

here is one of them... original decoration

http://scoot.net/scooterist/rider_scoot_pics/small_6-1071772837.jpg

AGDJon
08-21-2006, 10:40 AM
That is pretty cool. The ones used here are actually Harley's. I don't know of any scooters being used. But if one does pop up, please let me know. I may be heavily interested :-)

Ole Unka Phil
08-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Follow closely... THEY USED TO BE used. Years back they were all Vespa's or Lambretta's and such. This was in the 50's and 60's... even into the 70's.

that one in the picture was from long ago. Someone got ahold of it and kept it painted the old theme. There are a few being found in barns and garages from time to time. But no drill team as a group using them. However there are some scootering books that document the old days and such.

Now, yes, they are not being used by any group that I know of. The use of scooters by Shriner drill teams is old school and no longer the case. Mainly because the old guys are no longer alive or riding or even have their scooters anymore. And old scooters are harder to find.

So the younger guys are using Sportsters and such.

eNder159
08-21-2006, 01:32 PM
wtF! AGDJon is filipino! that's pretty cool im filipino as well :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ole Unka Phil
08-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Some sorta half breed I think.... :D

eNder159
08-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Some sorta half breed I think.... :D

:headbang: ahhh hehee well doesnt matter if he has blood running in his veins from the island his still a kababayan to me :headbang:

AGDJon
08-21-2006, 05:18 PM
What up Ender?

eNder159
08-21-2006, 05:30 PM
not much..so what exactly have you been doing since i heard you kinda put AGD aside to persue some other ambitions?

going_home
08-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok after reading this thread I feel like i just left the rest home.
How old are you guys anyhow ?

:tard:

digitard
08-21-2006, 05:52 PM
pshhh... Cougar Jon.. COUGAR? You're killing me.

**looks into the driveway and see's a cougar**

Nevermind.

I still have my 99' Cougar as well. I'm going to dump it soon (only 90k miles) to my brother in law for a lil bit and get an SUV cause the baby. Lugging around the baby + the upcoming baby stuff (she's only 2 months but you damn well know she'll have SO much stuff once she's a few more months and going to relatives all the time).

Muzikman
08-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi Jon, Hi Phil!!!

:)

Ole Unka Phil
08-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey Muzik!!! Long time no see....

To answer the question of age... I just turned 50 this last July.... the others are just young wipper snappers.

But whens the last time you saw Jon, Muzik, Thordic and me on the same thread? Thats been a while.

Muzikman
08-22-2006, 01:36 PM
I think we need an AO reuinion.

I miss you guys! ;)

trevorjk
08-22-2006, 01:57 PM
now only if we could get college boy in here! now that would truly be an amazing reunion :D

:spit_take

AGDJon
08-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Mozaic man, I agree. The small one we had near Detroit rocked. Let me know. My only issue right now is funding and time. School starts this monday (ugh) Otherwise, how have you been doing?

Digitard, long time no talk bro. How is everything? So you have a little one on the way ehhh? Dude that rocks. And yep, I still have my cougar :-)

ender, I am almost back in school. Intending to graduate with a M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology

I agree, I think the last time was at least 1+ years ago when I was still with AGD (I still love AGD)

digitard
08-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Little one is here. She's 2 months old. Lillian Mackenzie.

We have a 2002 Limited Edition P/T Cruiser my wife drives so we're not hurting for baby transportation, I just want a vehicle more suited for larger lugging around of things cause her baby seat takes up 1 spot, her collapsable stroller in the back takes that up. I want something w/ enough space to toss the stroller in the back and still have a decent amount of room.

Otherwise things are good. Have a pretty solid day job and I also run the site for Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball for WXP, the developers. www.ghtp.net

Pics! Sorry for the crappy quality they're from my camera phone.
http://www.ghtp.net/images/daves/lily/08-14-06_2038.jpg
http://www.ghtp.net/images/daves/lily/08-14-06_2039.jpg

eNder159
08-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Mozaic man, I agree. The small one we had near Detroit rocked. Let me know. My only issue right now is funding and time. School starts this monday (ugh) Otherwise, how have you been doing?

Digitard, long time no talk bro. How is everything? So you have a little one on the way ehhh? Dude that rocks. And yep, I still have my cougar :-)

ender, I am almost back in school. Intending to graduate with a M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology

I agree, I think the last time was at least 1+ years ago when I was still with AGD (I still love AGD)

any chances going back to AGD? would be nice to have someone like you back in the factory

Kevmaster
08-23-2006, 02:44 PM
wow....this thread is a look back in time **tear**

Ole Unka Phil
08-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Its KEV!!!! Now its turned into the Reunion thread!!!!! :cheers: Hows things at Duke? They still raping and pillaging up there? :p

Kevmaster
08-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Its KEV!!!! Now its turned into the Reunion thread!!!!! :cheers: Hows things at Duke? They still raping and pillaging up there? :p

haha....probably...but at least we now do it behind closed doors...

PS: you should drive cross state and come to Myrtle Beach on October 7. You can stay with me...all expenses paid. Check out the 2006 OGD!

AGDJon
09-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey guys, sorry for disappearing again. School started back up and took my time away, that and I lost my internet connection and phone *really blew*

But I am back on this thread.

Digitard, Those are beautiful kids :-)

Ender, No plans as of yet. It could be concievable if they ever needed an I/O psychologist to help out, or if they needed some part time help (extremely part time) but that would be up to them.

Kevmaster, great seeing you again bro. How are things down there.

Unka Phil, LOL hey did I mention to you to keep an eye out for me for a shriner's vespa? Let me know. even if it is out there, I might make the trip out just to pick her up (think of it as a possible reunion if the timing can be worked out)

talk to you all soon

Ole Unka Phil
09-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Easiest thing to do Jon is to take a bike that already needs work, fix it up and do it in your particular theme or colors. In the end would be best. If you can look through the archives for photo's of any that were once done in the particular colors of your Temple or "lodge" (or whatever you call it) and tell me the the patterns or colors and send me some pictures then we could copy it. Go old school with it. But I also keep and eye out for one still dressed in the theme. They come up from time to time.

Shane-O-Mac
09-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Since many people dont what the AGD car looks like, Heres a pic of it, sanitarily wrapped for your protection!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5269/dsc004187yd.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc004187yd.jpg)

BTW, Hey Jon!

Shane-O