PDA

View Full Version : Paintballers in the news...but not so bad.

punkncat
07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Paintballers Told to Target Their Own Cars
By Associated Press

July 20, 2006, 11:13 PM EDT

PAINESVILLE, Ohio -- A judge ordered two paintball shooters to take aim at their own cars in order to stay out of jail.

Joshua Breeding, 20, and 19-year-old Christopher Lyons were found guilty on Thursday of splattering up another man's vehicle with paintballs in May. They each got a sentence of 60 days in jail.

Municipal Court Judge Michael Cicconetti gave them the option of shooting their own cars with paintballs and then cleaning up the mess. They also have to spend 40 hours painting at a Habitat for Humanity home.

The judge also ordered the pair to apologize to their victim and pay court costs.

A taste of their own medicine.

egb groupie
07-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Apparently the judge had no concern for safety, as the kid shooting his car had no mask on, and there were people standing behind the car taking pictures without masks on.

Rudz
07-21-2006, 11:58 AM
I'd rather shoot the car, it doesn't do much damage, if any, I shot a car once by accident, well twice really, but the second time I'm not sure if I did, it was a niehbors car, and had the same color paint I had, so it was prolly me, but never shot in that direction, he was my buddy anyways, and once we shot up a bar, it was behind our yard and I guess we really sucked, cuz the balls missed our targets and went thru some trees, the cops and the drunks weren't too happy, they ran up in swat gear and crap, told us to put down our firearms, lol, apparently the drunks forgot to say paintballs, yeah that was an eventful night.

Cow hunter
07-21-2006, 12:28 PM
justice at its best

geekwarrior
07-21-2006, 12:42 PM
I'd rather shoot the car, it doesn't do much damage, if any, I shot a car once by accident, well twice really, but the second time I'm not sure if I did, it was a niehbors car, and had the same color paint I had, so it was prolly me, but never shot in that direction, he was my buddy anyways, and once we shot up a bar, it was behind our yard and I guess we really sucked, cuz the balls missed our targets and went thru some trees, the cops and the drunks weren't too happy, they ran up in swat gear and crap, told us to put down our firearms, lol, apparently the drunks forgot to say paintballs, yeah that was an eventful night.

:eek:

Lohman446
07-21-2006, 12:43 PM
:eek:

Does it surprise you?

geekwarrior
07-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Does it surprise you?

lol.....that would be the look on my face if I was standing in my backyard holding a paintball gun when the SWAT team came around the corner

......I saw a vid online of a SWAT team standing around the corner of a house. There was a drunk guy waving a shotgun around out front. He stumbled to the side of the house yelling at the cops out front, turned and saw the SWAT team, started to raise the shotgun, than realized what he was doing....realized a little too late, the lead SWAt guy doubled tapped him and he was dead before he hit the ground. One less redneck too worry about

BobTheCow
07-21-2006, 04:34 PM
lol.....that would be the look on my face if I was standing in my backyard holding a paintball gun when the SWAT team came around the corner
My buddy used to live at a house with a big wooded backyard, so we'd occasionally tinker with our markers, shoot off a couple hoppers at trees, boring stuff like that. Apparently the next door neighbor hated us, because at least two or three times she called the cops on us. Hell we had a couple police officers come up from the woods themselves with guns drawn on us once, that was kind of scary. But every time when they realized we weren't shooting true firearms, and we were entirely contained to my buddy's own property, they left us alone and apologized for the inconvenience.

Oh dear... that was entirely too much typing for a very boring story.

deathstalker
07-21-2006, 09:27 PM
They weren't paintballers, they were vandals. A paintballer doesn't do that. Even the reporter was spot on calling them paintball "shooters" instead of paintball players.

personman
07-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Meh if I was the judge I would make them crank up the velocity to like 400fps then let the paint cook on the car for about a day before making them scrape it off.

paint magnet
07-22-2006, 10:14 AM

Heh, you obviously weren't at SCAO (can't remember if it was 1 or 2). Taillights and windows go rather quickly and you can leave dents at close range and high rates of fire.