PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting a Mag

AZ_09
07-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Ive been looking at mags lately, and i absolutly love them. But, ive been on numerous sites, and none of them have a FAQ page, like just usefull information on them, about speed, threads, upgrades, and how things in a mag work, etc.

What type of mag do you think i could get with this- Impulse (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1657041)

I play speedball, and maybe a bit of woods, but, off the break, or when attempting to bunker someone, can you walk the trigger. On one site, a person said you could walk a mag about 15bps, then others are saying, its hard to walk, but it shoots like a 98c R/T.

Im pretty confused about mags, and i just cant seem to find any information on them.

Thanks for the help.

geekwarrior
07-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Ive been looking at mags lately, and i absolutly love them. But, ive been on numerous sites, and none of them have a FAQ page, like just usefull information on them, about speed, threads, upgrades, and how things in a mag work, etc.

What type of mag do you think i could get with this- Impulse (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1657041)

I play speedball, and maybe a bit of woods, but, off the break, or when attempting to bunker someone, can you walk the trigger. On one site, a person said you could walk a mag about 15bps, then others are saying, its hard to walk, but it shoots like a 98c R/T.

Im pretty confused about mags, and i just cant seem to find any information on them.

Thanks for the help.

wlcome to AO :cheers:

you cant walk a regular mag without modifications....you can get the trigger to bounce, but this isnt legal at alot of fields or in tournies

if you want to get a mag, read this thread (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1296871) on how to make it fast.

If you play alot of speedball a mag may not be for you, although alot of people on hear still play with one. They are great guns, and can still compete, but they dont have all the bells and whistles of some of the newer guns.

Browse these forums, do some searchs on here, you'll find all your answers. Even if you dont pick up a mag, stick around, this is a great forum for paintball :shooting:

AZ_09
07-21-2006, 04:30 PM
The mag id trade for and add for would prolly eventually have ult, ule body, intelliframe, and xvalve---how much would that prolly cost?

I love the look of mags, but, yah im worried about the speed. Im thinking of trading my imp for a promaster or mag.

I dont really shoot that much,(half egg a game?) cause i play speedball in my backyard, my friends have a tourny team with an airball field. I shoot in spurts, like 14bps here, then little here and there. And i doubt ill go and play in tournys, but i may play at paintball world with them eventually.

So does it shoot like responce trigger on an A5? I mainly want a new gun because im sick of the size of the guns ive had. I want something smaller because i move alot and im in the snake alot, and size is a big problem.

geekwarrior
07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
The mag id trade for and add for would prolly eventually have ult, ule body, intelliframe, and xvalve---how much would that prolly cost?

I love the look of mags, but, yah im worried about the speed. Im thinking of trading my imp for a promaster or mag.

I dont really shoot that much,(half egg a game?) cause i play speedball in my backyard, my friends have a tourny team with an airball field. I shoot in spurts, like 14bps here, then little here and there. And i doubt ill go and play in tournys, but i may play at paintball world with them eventually.

So does it shoot like responce trigger on an A5? I mainly want a new gun because im sick of the size of the guns ive had. I want something smaller because i move alot and im in the snake alot, and size is a big problem.

I love my mag, so my opinion may be biased. I also have an Angel Speed 05 to give you an idea of the guns I shoot. You can get your mag really fast, just some of the methods arent tourney legal. The pnuematic conversion is legal, and that can get 12-15bps and is walkable if set up right. Pnuemagger can help you there. I havent shot an A5 with respinsive trigger so I'm not sure how it compares.

Look at the mag of the month contest on here and the buy/sell forum to get an idea of what mags and mag parts cost. Much better than buying new. Even if you pik up a mag (at a decent price) if you decide to sell it, you'll get most of your money out of it.

Anyone else from AO want to chime in here?

spwz99
07-21-2006, 05:20 PM
A classic mag may not be the marker for a front player, but I play backman as I am 6'5" and I can work my classic mag for all I need to cover my front guys. I would think that an Emag would work just fine for a front player. Thats my two cents.

JRingold
07-21-2006, 06:37 PM
An X-Valved ULE RT-Pro with the ULE Trigger Kit is walkable, but I don't know how fast you will be able to get it shooting. I would recommend an adjustable air tank to allow you better customize your trigger feel.

The "RT" of a Mag is NOT the same as an "RT" of a Tippmann. The RT of a Tippmann shoots two balls with one trigger pull; one on the pull and one on the release. The RT of a Mag means that the trigger rod pushes the trigger back into the shooting position. This can cause bounce, or "run away", which is illegal in tournaments and can be dangerous.

With the right setup, a mechanical mag can be used effectively for speedball. If you want to compete at a higher level, there's always the e-mag upgrade options as well.

peewee
07-21-2006, 07:27 PM
:D Hi, I own both a mag & a Lasoya promaster. Both are very good guns for the money. The ule will be less problematic in the long run but both are easy to upkeep & maintain. With your experience with the impy you would be able to understand the PM with no problem

mag_lover05
07-21-2006, 08:07 PM
The RT of a Tippmann shoots two balls with one trigger pull; one on the pull and one on the release.

actually its one shot per pull. the piston resets the trigger... like a mag but its not the sear doing it, and you cant short stroke so when sweet spotted it has a full auto effect.

AZ_09
07-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, I dont know what im going to be doing now gun wise. I love the size and look of the mag, and that its not electronic, so when i do start playing woods more, i wont have to worry about diving around, and the mag would be more reliable. And the promaster has the speed, plus i know more about them.

Im still a bit confused about how it shoots, so if you hold the trigger down, it will pulse, or "reset"?

Im gonna try to find a video of someone shooting.

And to the person that said it may not be best for a front player, well, we play kinda differnt, where everyone does pretty much what they want, and i move around alot. So i guess im kind of a almost 6 ft. 15 year old, that weighs 170s

Testament
07-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey AZ there are different 'types' of 'Mags, I think that is where you are getting confused at. the 'Mag has become a very versitale marker thanks to the creativity of the 'Cult of AGD' members :D

The kind of 'Mag is mostly determened by the type of Valve you have in the gun...

(Please any AO'ers correct me it I get a little off :rolleyes: )

Classic Valve - All stainless steel, semi auto(not walkable) unless you have an eleltroic grip frame or modify the valve for an RT on/off

RT Valve - older RT style, works like the Tippmann RT(not walkable but can be sweetspotted), only works with certain bodies and rails

ReTro Valve - kindof a cross between the Classic and RT, has RT effect but will work in most bodies and rails

EMag/XMag/Xvalve - mostly Alum, very fast recharge rate, very little shoot down, I have heard some people say it can be walked with a properly set up ULT

E-mags/X-Mags - Electronic markers that have to use a special battery pack, but also have a selector switch for Mech or Electronic or Hybrid firing, I never have really understood how hybrid works

Pneu-Mags - custom set-up that uses pneumatics to activate the sear can be made for most valve types but Xvalve is recommened, walkable when set up to do it

E-frame 'Mags - not to be confused with E-mags, these have some kind of 'sear tripper' either a Hyperframe or modified Spyder frame activate the sear, can be very fast, also includes 'DevilMags'

E-Pnue-Mags - These use electo pneumatics like out of a Shocker or Ion to make the marker very fast, not very common

I hope this helps clear things up, the world of 'Mags can be very confusing when first getting in volved with them

AZ_09
07-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Ok, thanks, it makes a little more sense now. Ill have to do alot of searching later on here.

Ok, maybe this will make it easier for me, this is prolly the setup

Retro Valve- get the more response trigger type of thing,--Walkable with correctly setup RT on/off, Whats the on/off do with the valve?
ULT- makeing the trigger lighter
Intelliframe- blade trigger
ULE- body, vertical feedneck, not powerfeed
Level 10 bolt-?

What type of gun would you build this out of? Will it work? Somewhat walkable and with the response type of thing?

So, the Retro valve will give me the bounce/response, but what does the X valve do differently then?

Thanks for all the anwsers.

Pneumagger
07-22-2006, 04:49 PM
x valve is an all aluminum rt valve. Lighter, and comes standard with Level 10 antichop. Level 10 bolt is excellent when setup right, but still not a substitute for a forcfeed loader. I barely get by with a riccochet apache when I shoot fast.

Here are three separate pneumatic mags in semi...All have around a 40-60 gram trigger pull. One of them is a classic valve with C02, the other two are Xvalve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhvzeEZceZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSELRBrCXe0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK1YcFvJrWI

AZ_09
07-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Ok, after looking on here, i found out that ULT will not work with the Retro valve,

So, with the Xvalve with ULT, is it easy to adjust to make it walkable

And whats the rail, i havent found that part yet, is that between the trigger frame connects to gun?

Pneumagger
07-22-2006, 07:23 PM
yes... that is the rail. A ULT is almost walkable. Some people can do it, but it's not like an electro, not even close.

mobsterboy
07-22-2006, 07:28 PM
since when was there thinking when it comes to being a mag owner or not? I still cant remember what went through my head when i decided to build my now dallara'd hypermag. I definitely didnt think, thats for sure, cuz if i did, id have some nice borg instead of a million bajillion dollar money burning uber custom hypermag...and now i dont really feel that bad about it

AZ_09
07-23-2006, 06:23 PM
See, thats what i dont know about, putting alot of money into a gun.

Well, i guess ill have to make a choice soon.

Now, whats these "shims", ive seen exploded views and stuff, but, what do they do? They look like a washer.

armyboot
07-23-2006, 08:55 PM
If you want a fast mech mag, talk to pneumagger, he knows his stuff!