PDA

View Full Version : FA issue with RT Xvalve

punkncat
07-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Just purchased a used Tac with the Xvalve. I am having some issues with it and need a bit of help/confirmation of my suspicions before I order some parts.

When I got it the LX had no shims, the carrier was too large, and its missing the bumper. I put in the L7 bolt from a classic I have. Since I didn't have an RT bumper I used the blue bumper from the classic valve.Will the blue(classic) bumper due to its thickness as compared to the RT bumper cause the marker to go full auto?

I am unsure if that can even cause this, but the trigger is way over reactive. I cannot confirm proper operation at any time before as it came messed up. The other thing I am considering is that a previous owner may have filed the on/off pin. I know its an easy fix one way or the other.

If I pull the trigger full over exagerated pulls it will fire fine. Say like you would while chronoing. When you barely pull the trigger it just takes off firing and short stroking.

What do y'all think?

LinearGoose
07-22-2006, 05:10 AM
Since I didn't have an RT bumper I used the blue bumper from the classic valve.Will the blue(classic) bumper due to its thickness as compared to the RT bumper cause the marker to go full auto?
It shouldnt cause it to go full auto. I have a blue one in my Emag Valve and it doesnt do anything out of the normal. I also heard that the blue ones laster long.

The other thing I am considering is that a previous owner may have filed the on/off pin.
Yeah I would say that could be your main problem for the reactivity. I know the shorter the pin the more reactivity your going to get. Hope this helps.

punkncat
07-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Today it's acting different :confused:

Now it seems to be firing on every pull and every release, like an old response trigger.

WTF?????

mcclare
07-22-2006, 10:04 AM
I had the same thing happen to me but probably for a different reason. Mine was because I had an Emag rail with a AM/MM sear that was modified to sorta work. Just have a quick look at the internals of the rail to see if they've been tampered with. I don't know why mine worked like that, but it did.