PDA

View Full Version : The new Fusion Marker

Arstron
07-22-2006, 11:25 AM
The Fusion is a new marker being designed by a new company called "Dangerous Power." It is a FASOR design (Air forward, spring return), but has improved on the design quiet a bit. The ram and bolt are very small and light, the body has milled chanels for the air to flow from the hpr reg and the lpr reg. The lpr reg is mounted inside the body, you only see the front cap sticking out. It takes autococker threaded barrels and comes with a locking feedneck (does fit halos). The trigger frame is very nice, it uses an optical eye with a spring instead of a microswitch, this is the first gun ive shot that I actually like the trigger pull over the emag. It is very smooth with no side to side play in it at all. The stock board comes with ramping and semi modes, but no dwell adjustments, which is the worst thing about the gun. The grips are made of rubber and actually feel pretty good, but they are ugly. So far I like just about everything about this gun. I didnt have much air, but was able to run about 50 balls threw which shot great, not much of a test, but there was no noticable kick with this gun. I got this gun during a prerelease type sale, which was supposed to be put together by hand and includes a very nice (you wouldnt belive how nice) asa. The asa uses a lever that leave up when you want the air off and you push the lever down when you screw the tank in. It is a very simple design, but works great. I will add some pictures of my own next week, but for now you can look at it at the DP website:

*note the actual site is down, I guess they are updating it, but you can view the old site here*
http://www.dangerouspower.com/dp/

tyrion2323
07-22-2006, 03:30 PM
So it's a BKO with Eyes?

Unless it's $300 or less, I can't see there being a large market for it, since going any higher in price would put it in running with fully epneumatic guns, as well as used high-end guns.

Looks nice, and could have potential in the lower market - i guess we'll see how well they do.

ICDxBushmaster50
07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
its an ego and a borg combined

minimag03
07-22-2006, 05:19 PM
So it's a BKO with Eyes?

Unless it's $300 or less, I can't see there being a large market for it, since going any higher in price would put it in running with fully epneumatic guns, as well as used high-end guns.

Looks nice, and could have potential in the lower market - i guess we'll see how well they do.

Agreed.

How much did you pay for it?

68magOwner
07-22-2006, 05:40 PM

mmm, perhaps your talking about what you think it looks like, but, funcion wise, no, not at all.

So it's a BKO with Eyes?

sadly, it seems as though you are mistaken. I dont know if anything has been posted here about the new "legend" marker comming out, but, its more or less, the same thing, and the kids over on PBN are eating it up. Thats probably because HK is shooting them, seems as though how a marker operates/performs is no longer as big a factor in attracting a market as is who you can get to shoot one.

SR_matt
07-22-2006, 08:16 PM
i think they are going to be 500-800 bucks msrp (i think it was 800 but i cant remember if im mixing up numbers, i know it was one or the other though)
-matt

Arstron
07-23-2006, 08:21 AM
MSRP is going to be around 500, the pre release was a little under 400 (depending on where you got it). Trust me, I am not easily impressed by a guns, I am not a fan of intimidators, cockers, shockers, or matrices. All of those guns have somthing about them that I dislike. I am an owner of a Dragun The one (one of the first fasor designs), I have always liked the design, but hated the trigger frame on it. This gun has a very small bolt and a very light ram and is very easy to tare apart. I can not stress how good the trigger pull feels on this gun. Trust me, you will regret putting down this gun if you dont try one first. Like all markers, its not for everyone, but still yet shoot the first one you see and see what I am talking about on the trigger. I just hope the production runs (that wont be hand assembled) will be put together as good as these first run guns.

Almost forgot, here is a very nice break down/early review comparing the fusion to the newest fasor the Rex R3:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1663707

SpitFire1299
07-23-2006, 08:26 AM
You mean a BKO? lol.

The BKO is like the exact same thing as this gun... except better.

Arstron
07-23-2006, 08:48 AM
You mean a BKO? lol.

The BKO is like the exact same thing as this gun... except better.

Orly? BKO is air backwards spring forward, Fusion is air forward spring backwards. The fusion ram can be removed by a twist and a pull (just like a twist lock barrel). The bolt and ram are both bigger and I am sure heavier then in the fusion, although I don't have a bko here to tear apart and weight (let alone a set of digital scales). It took me an entire minute just to remove, lube, and reinstall the ram, how long does it take on a BKO? The BKO and fusion have 2 completely different trigger setups and trigger frames all together (trigger pull isn't even comparable). The BKO has the ugly tray that I hate, the fusion does not. The fusion has an completely different solenoid (not sure of what its capable of though). Please do tell how these 2 guns are exactly the same?

SpitFire1299
07-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Orly? BKO is air backwards spring forward, Fusion is air forward spring backwards. The fusion ram can be removed by a twist and a pull (just like a twist lock barrel). The bolt and ram are both bigger and I am sure heavier then in the fusion, although I don't have a bko here to tear apart and weight (let alone a set of digital scales). It took me an entire minute just to remove, lube, and reinstall the ram, how long does it take on a BKO? The BKO and fusion have 2 completely different trigger setups and trigger frames all together (trigger pull isn't even comparable). The BKO has the ugly tray that I hate, the fusion does not. The fusion has an completely different solenoid (not sure of what its capable of though). Please do tell how these 2 guns are exactly the same?
I meant to say.. the bko and fusion are like the exact thing, except the fusion is better.

The BKO is spring return btw.. im not sure what you mean with the backwards/forward thing. The Fusion is Also spring return

Arstron
07-23-2006, 09:09 AM
I meant to say.. the bko and fusion are like the exact thing, except the fusion is better.

The BKO is spring return btw.. im not sure what you mean with the backwards/forward thing. The Fusion is Also spring return

The BKO is spring return? I must be mistaken then, its been awhile since I owned my old bushmaster, I was thinking that it worked just the opposite. :tard: Thanks for the correction.

SR_matt
07-23-2006, 09:44 AM
MSRP is going to be around 500, the pre release was a little under 400 (depending on where you got it). Trust me, I am not easily impressed by a guns, I am not a fan of intimidators, cockers, shockers, or matrices. All of those guns have somthing about them that I dislike. I am an owner of a Dragun The one (one of the first fasor designs), I have always liked the design, but hated the trigger frame on it. This gun has a very small bolt and a very light ram and is very easy to tare apart. I can not stress how good the trigger pull feels on this gun. Trust me, you will regret putting down this gun if you dont try one first. Like all markers, its not for everyone, but still yet shoot the first one you see and see what I am talking about on the trigger. I just hope the production runs (that wont be hand assembled) will be put together as good as these first run guns.

Almost forgot, here is a very nice break down/early review comparing the fusion to the newest fasor the Rex R3:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1663707
how can a gun be assembeled by machine? you would have to gett an entire machine designed for that gun or get a machine that does that type of work and reprogram it and everything, i dont see how it is cost effictive compared to just paying people to bould them by hand (and QC is better)
-matt

Chaos_Theory!
07-23-2006, 10:16 AM
This is seriously pretty old, i cant believe you havnt seen/heard of it before.

Arstron
07-23-2006, 10:39 AM
how can a gun be assembeled by machine? you would have to gett an entire machine designed for that gun or get a machine that does that type of work and reprogram it and everything, i dont see how it is cost effictive compared to just paying people to bould them by hand (and QC is better)
-matt

You know, I never thought about how the guns them selves was assembled. When they said hand assembled, they must of meant that it was assmebled at their office instead of over seas. :rofl:

SR_matt
07-23-2006, 10:45 AM
lol or maybe one they get the gun design down they get monekeys or illeagals to assemble them with their hands and feet so there are 2 guns being assembeled by each being

i can see how small guns like spyders and ions could be mechanicaly assembeled but i dont think many others could very easily but i could be wrong (i mean cars are done by machines... but they are also used by 10,000 times more people and cost at least 10-15 times as much.

-matt

slade
07-23-2006, 11:52 AM
guns are hand assembled.

and the fusion is essentially the product of a BKO, timmy and lots and lots of alcohol.

SR_matt
07-23-2006, 12:23 PM
lots and lots of alcohol.

is that supposed to be a bad thing :cheers:
-matt

SpitFire1299
07-23-2006, 03:14 PM
The BKO is spring return? I must be mistaken then, its been awhile since I owned my old bushmaster, I was thinking that it worked just the opposite. :tard: Thanks for the correction.
The BKO and bushmaster are 2 different kind of guns. The bushmaster is air return, the BKO is spring return. :D

Arstron
07-23-2006, 09:15 PM
The BKO and bushmaster are 2 different kind of guns. The bushmaster is air return, the BKO is spring return. :D

Well thank you for that, I was pretty sure my b2k was air return, but havnt actually owned a bko. That does clear up a lot for me. :cheers:

REDRT
07-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Backwards forewards or forewards backwards I have the same opinion, not a Mag not worth my time.

Cow hunter
07-23-2006, 09:56 PM
meh' looks like a borg...

magman007
07-24-2006, 01:47 PM
so, its an em1? nifty. :rolleyes:

Arstron
08-01-2006, 03:20 PM
After a good day of playing, this marker has my full respect. For those that dought it/under estimate it, you really should try it first. I have shot many guns with the same general idea (air ram forward with a spring return), but none compare to this gun. You really should try it out first. For those that are interested in it, check out the fusion forums I have up http://www.fusionowners.org. The site still needs a lot of work (I am still deciding on colors) and there isnt a lot of content, but there is a little. If you get the chance to shoot one of these, do it, it just might supprise you.