Paintballer69
07-22-2006, 02:07 PM
im getting 1 and i no its really all personal preference but i need advice

Jonno06
07-22-2006, 02:27 PM
shocker.

SpecialBlend2786
07-22-2006, 07:51 PM
DM5, just cause I like the feel and balance better. I also think it looks much better in the fit and finish department, and it comes stock with more than the shocker. I also like the feel of the trigger MUCH better then that of the shocker.

Both are great markers though

Pneumagger
07-22-2006, 08:01 PM
DM5

Better trigger pull. Doesn't need as many upgrades. Not made by Nazis.

mag_lover05
07-22-2006, 08:04 PM
FEP quest.

looks better then a shocker, still single tube designe, only 3 orings hold air

Paintballer69
07-22-2006, 08:06 PM
wat about a proto matrix 5 or 6

the mag guy
07-22-2006, 08:07 PM
DM5, havent shot one, but I shot a DM6 and they are ded sexy. I'm sure its pretty much the same.
I've never shot a new shocker so I cant vouvhe for them. You should definatley try both of them out though, since both those guns come with a hefty price tag.
I was gonna put a max flow lpr on my gun, but didn't b/c its smart parts. so i went with wgp.

buzzboy
07-22-2006, 09:02 PM
I have shot and played with both. Stock the shocker owns in all departments. After some ups the DM blows it out of the water. Mainly because the stock DM5 trigger sux the big one.

On speed I found it easier to get the shocker up to a higher ROF due to the trigger.

I like the stock barrel better on the DM5(ultralight beats AA anyday in my book)

Shocker shoots cheap paint better.

DM is smoother shooting.

DM is slightly taller.

DM looks way better.

Shocker comes with a better board.
----------------------------------------

Why are you getting a new gun?

68magOwner
07-22-2006, 11:23 PM
honestly. i would tell you PM5 right off the bat, because, its the best bang for the buck by far. But, you really need to get out, borrow/shoot some markers, and decide for yourself.

Lohman446
07-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Either or. I have a PM6 (actually an Evil Minion, but same thing) with a Tadeo board and am half toying with the idea of ordering a Shocker. Had SP sold me a Naughty Dogs Shocker at Chicago there would be no doubt...

MoeMag
07-23-2006, 12:01 AM
DM5! Then put an ultra light frame on it! I like the DM5 a lot. After having a DM6 I will say I would rather go with one of the older dm's just because they have proven themselves as being great guns. A good friend of mine has a DM4 with ultra light frame and... WOW. I love that gun. He has standing orders to let me buy it if he ever sells it. I <3 DM's.

QUEST is an incredible marker as well. Like /\ /\ /\ said, "Only 3 o-rings hold air" that is very true. With exception of the trigger... a one-piece bolt is the only moving part. Also they are incredibly efficient. The only marker out there that is as good as far as efficiency is the ego.

Shocker... Nice gun but... too much to go wrong.

Bottom line get an EGO!

minimag03
07-23-2006, 12:56 AM
I recently owned both a Shocker (with Dynasty, HE, Freak, fbm trigger, etc) and a DM5 (stock). The DM5 is better than the Shocker in my opinion. It just shot so mich smoother and that made it super easy to rip long strings of paint on.

SpitFire1299
07-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Dye's quality in guns is much better than smart parts. Although the shocker is lighter, and smaller.. the DM5 i feel is just all around better. The DM5's frame is slightly bigger for people that have bigger hands. Then theres the UL frame for if you want something smaller and tighter. The DM5 is more efficient then the shocker, the UL barrel(DM5) is better than the all-american(shocker), the on/off is better on the dm5... the eyes are better on the dm5, compared to the shockers single eye.

IMO... DM5>>>Shocker
Also the DM4 and PM5 are good options if your not looking to spend a lot of money. :D

**I forgot to mention.. buzzboy said the shocker board was better, but the DM5 board has the removable chip.. so instead of upgrading boards, you can upgrade your chip and save $$. :clap:

grEnAlEins
07-23-2006, 06:26 AM
IMO... DM5>>>Shocker
As a shocker owner, I must agree. I wish I would have gotten a P/DM# :(

SpitFire1299
07-23-2006, 06:29 AM
As a shocker owner, I must agree. I wish I would have gotten a P/DM# :(
You can always find someone who wants to trade... :)

buzzboy
07-23-2006, 08:06 AM
**I forgot to mention.. buzzboy said the shocker board was better, but the DM5 board has the removable chip.. so instead of upgrading boards, you can upgrade your chip and save $$. :clap:
Thanks spitfire. Thats one thing I left out. The DM's are great because of the ease of changing the chips instead of the whole board.

SpitFire1299
07-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks spitfire. Thats one thing I left out. The DM's are great because of the ease of changing the chips instead of the whole board.
Yeah, i bet you were thinking about the PM5.. which doesnt have that option. :D

gruntbull
07-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Here is the long short of it.... (owned both, still have my DM5)

Honestly Shockers are prolly the cheapest made POS I have seen in a while that sell over 250 range. The quality or lack there of is disappointing to say the least. Also the way they developed the Shocker I am rather jaded on... I dont care for their trigger adjustment ideas either.

For the DM5 honest I can say I enjoy this marker, and I am amazed that it isnt as popular as the POS SFT...
Such a better marker all the way around, the aluminum is better quality, milling is better (NOT perfect but better) and the overall fit and feel is very good.

As an anodizer, I will say that the SHOCKER is subpar in material for intended use to the DM5.

AZ_09
07-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I myself dont like neither of my 2 friend's shockers. The trigger, is just odd to me. Plus, they get horrible effieciency.

68magOwner
07-23-2006, 01:09 PM
its odd, i would say without hesitation that the Dm5 is a better marker than the shocker, but, at the same time, i still highly prefer the shocker over the dm5. IT is, and always will be a personal preferance thing.

ttink
07-23-2006, 01:36 PM
FEP quest.

looks better then a shocker, still single tube designe, only 3 orings hold air
:tup: I really like these markers, though i haven't shot one, i would love to try one out.

Shotcaller509
07-23-2006, 01:58 PM
I think you would be satisfied with either or. Ive shot both and also had the same choice as you on the exact 2 markers. After shooting both I decided to go with the Shocker. I have a black heart board in it and I tell you with the aftermarket board it totally destroy's the DM5. Although I have never shot a dm5 with an upped board. Also the shocker to me is a lot smaller and lighter. It felt to me the the Dye just had too much height for me. Well thats a little bit of info hope it helps.