PDA

View Full Version : which Barrel should i get??

PRO_Ski101
12-23-2001, 07:53 PM
Yea i know it was STUPID of me loosing my Smart Parts Progressive barrel,BUT i did.So know that i need a new one,I decided to get a lil input on um.Outta the Armson Stealth,Smart ALL AMERICAN stainless/aluminum,DYE boomstick,and either of the J&J barrels,which should i get.I usually shoot some form of ZAP paintballs,and i' prob gunna get a 14in barrel so inform,I'm all ears!!!

Russ
12-23-2001, 08:12 PM
Not on your list, but a Lapco bigshot (only comes 12") or a CP. They run about $50 :)

a_malfunction
12-23-2001, 11:40 PM
I have to 2nd Russ' post.... Lapcos and CPs are excellent barrels.

headcase
12-24-2001, 12:15 AM
Lets see....

Armson Stealth--the only armson barrel I've had was the stock barrel on my Micro E-mag, shot OK, pretty loud, I don't know what it retails at.

Smart ALL AMERICAN stainless/aluminum -- Don't really like SP, barrels shoot fine, but very unefficient, I wouldn't by one.

DYE boomstick--Dye is a good company, but again not very efficient, and you pay too much for the name.

J&J barrels--Haven't shot one, but I'll have a set of 4 ceramics when I build my cocker, have hear nothing but good things, and at a good price

CP - I've had the Pro-kit, and I have 3 one pieces coming for my E-mag, the pro-kit shot good, but didn't clean that well, expect good things from the one pieces at a good price.

LAPCO -- I've had an Autosprint for my Blazer and BM2K, and a Bigshot for my BM2K and my cocker, very good barrels at a great price, only down side(for some) is they are loud, I don't play in the woods much so I don't care.

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend, but I'd pick up a couple of LAPCOs or CPs for what you'll spend on a Boomstick

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-24-2001, 12:37 AM
Lapcos are Dye quality without the price. Same with Custom Products barrels.

Armonson barrel i prefferably dont like.

1ce again...Dye barrels good but overpriced.

And i personnaly also dont like any smart parts barrel except the 2 peice Stainless Steel all-american. Its pretty and shoots like a boomstick with a SS back too.

in order what i would get

Lapco
Dye
CP
ALL-American

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-24-2001, 12:41 AM
also if you confused about how the bigshot and autospirit look the same well the bigshot is (med - big bore| .688 - .689) and autospirit is (small - med bore| .686 - .687)

bigshot shoots best with =...big ball...blaze..premiums...and gold
autospirt= marbs...flash...inferno...all-star...

and SS, Nickel, and aluminum all perform the same. Just some are shinier..heavier/lighter...and more pricey than the others

Best place for lapco barrels: www.g3pb.com

Maghappy
12-24-2001, 01:23 AM
barrels..... paint match up is the main thing..

-JJ Ceramic was my first barrel and my ALL TIME favorite. it shot soo nice and quiet and cleaned pretty easy and if u match paint its great. :) nothing but good things

-CP is what i got now, LOVE IT. great comsetically and shoots outstanding. the nice hting bout CP is u can pic bore and lenght so u get exactly what you want. GREAT BARREL! :)

-Boomstick is overrated in my mind. Yes, dye makes great barrels but u pay for more brand name. its like buying a pair of oakleys if you catch my drift. i have a 14" boomy if u wanna buy it lemmeknow @ nudieme@aol.com but they are uneffiecint, not quiet but not loud, dont clean very well with PMI premium paint in my experience. i like the JJ and CP's better just my 2 cents

-i have heard nothing but OUTSTANDING things bout JJ 2 piece and the CP pro barrel 2 piece. these would be my top choices on top of JJ ceramic and CP

-like i said its basically paint/bore match up. you can shoot the "best barrel on the market" with a bad paint match and it would shoot like poop.

just my opnion. good luck deciding

:)
-adam

PRO_Ski101
12-24-2001, 10:16 AM
HEy,yo.THANKs for all the help.I think i'm gunna get either a J&J ceramic,J&J 2-Piece,or wanna the CP's

paintbattler
12-24-2001, 10:31 AM
yo,whats the bore size for BOTH j&j barrels?

covadsucks
12-24-2001, 06:00 PM
You can call J&J direct and order whatever bore size you want. I shoot only J&J products on my mag and both are 690. More accurate than either boomstick I own as well. I keep hearing SP barrels suck, but my SP Teardrop is more accurate than my Dye Barrels ever were. OH BTW I only shoot Marbs -the rest are ok, but that pretty green on my opponents goggles always makes me come back to PMI.

Plus with the J&J 2 piece you can get bigger or smaller tips for the barrel. I had a 10-16" barrel.

wicked_mag
12-24-2001, 06:37 PM
Yo from what i've heard lapco is a good choice to go with, all americans r really nice they r quiet and are great barrels cept when u have a ball break it starts to take away from the rifling of the barrel

MINIMAGMAN
12-24-2001, 07:40 PM
i know a good barrel... STOCK! stock barrel owns! it shoots very far, acurrate and its not a gas eater like the ones with all them holes in it!

paintballer187
12-25-2001, 10:39 AM
i have a SP Progressive and my bro has a SP Teardrop. His teardrop is very accurate and quiet too. It is a medium bore, he was shooting some ZAP paint with it and it was awesome.