PDA

View Full Version : Glorious Day! Muahahaha!

the mag guy
07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Alright so my brother and I went to the Paintball Zone off of dixie farm road (in texas) toady at about 2pm. When I showed up everybody there had spyder X-tras (PBZ's rental gun). Besides my mag (which was still in my backpack), the only guns wort anything was a tippmann A-5, a Tippmann 98 custom w/ response, and one of the most prehistoric shockers I have ever laid eyes on (and he was a Ref!). Anyway I bust out Olivia, assemble her and join a group. Before we could even get started the kids were like "what kind of gun is that?" I calmly said "its my mag". So the first game starts and I start laying paint at about as fast as my fastest shooting on my video, not too long though, just short 30 ball bursts tops. I can really crank a 9 shot burst pretty fast now. Anyway, when the ropes started flying the kid next to me say "Holy (F-word here), I'm glad I'm over here". Which made me smile. I was working the right side snake when this huge guy from the other team charges me, I pop 5 on his chest, as the ref was yelling "player eliminated!", the guy shot me twice in the shoulder, what a tool bag, the ref called us both out. So after tha game the ref, Ryan, the one with the shocker comes up to me and apologizes for calling me out, he said he didnt see it. Anyway so I'm loading up pods for the next game and he says "Nice shocker, I have the first electric model they made. (you know, the old school shoebox! :rofl: ). I promptly corrected him and said that it was a mag. he said "Nice e-mag" and I said "NO! its mechanical!" Ryan said "Bull(stuff)". So infront of about 6 people i let him shot it a bit and he said "dude, thats electric, the trigger pull is shorter than my electric shocker. DRUMROLL!!!! I busted out my allen wrench and tore the grip open. I think the guy nastied his pants in the front region. He said "holy (stuff)! it isnt electric!" He promptly went and got his shocker and said "shoot this." Ok I would like to apologize to everyone that has a decent old school shocker, but this thing was nasty. About 1/2 inch trigg pull and mushy as hell! I tried cranking on it, but you have to completley pull and release or it either shoots a blank or loads two...nasty.

So the day played out, but we only got to play about 4-5 games cuz it started raining so hard that nobody could see.the second to last game was amazing. I hit the left snake this time and crawled over half the field. I popped up and took out 3 people then sank back in. oh, btw this was a 6 on 8 (i was on the 6 team). people were laying down some serious paint keeping me down. I head someone on my team yell "theres only one left. I popped up and saw a little figure hunched in a bunker
in the left corner of the field. I start tearing butt across the field. about 15 feet away or so she leaned out the other side of the bunker to shoot (yes i said a she!) Another player started shooting (they were about at the 50) so she jumped back and I put 3 on her side. Game over. I apologized for the overkill, but we were having a problem with peopel still playing when shot, so I wasnt taking a chance.
The last game was so cheap. we switched field sides, i still went for the snake. I put on the after burners and bolted across 3/4's the filed!. That cheating guy came around a spool so i rolled behind a tiny divider. I popped out and a paintball hit the plastic nest to me and splatters on my gun. I called the ref over for a paint check on myself. As the ref was checking me, that cheating toolbag runs up and shoots me in the leg 4 times! That freaking cheater, the ref called me out, but luckily one of my teammates saw this and shot the guy. I exchanged a couple really nasty words with him and let him know that next game i was gonna light him up (it was really ar bark and no bite) but I did only have one target in mind for the next game. right as we were about to start again, it started pouring so hard that we couldnt even see 3 feet infront of ourselves. We packed up and as I was leaving a ref that was watching me play invited to be on his team! so I'm on his 3-man team for now ( one guy has a 2k1 angel w/ a 05 fly board in it and the other guy that i didnt get to meet has a DM5) Were playing some 3-man tourney in alvin next weekend!

I am so proud to be a mag owner. Mag owners, get krunk :headbang:

Pneumagger
07-22-2006, 07:47 PM
great job!!! Sounds like you love your Pneumag! I can't wait until my pneumag gets back from the anno next week and I can final use her in a real game.

the mag guy
07-22-2006, 08:03 PM
i dont think i have ever loved a gun so much. I think the trigger is as light as its gonna get, so im just gonna have to get used to pulling the thing instead of tring to make it any lighter. I can go lighter, but either the reg cuts off or the pull is so light it cant consistently trip the sear (3 trigger pulls finally trips the sear.)

but yes, I love my gun, olivia is so nice to me.

Pneumagger
07-22-2006, 08:12 PM
i dont think i have ever loved a gun so much. I think the trigger is as light as its gonna get, so im just gonna have to get used to pulling the thing instead of tring to make it any lighter. I can go lighter, but either the reg cuts off or the pull is so light it cant consistently trip the sear (3 trigger pulls finally trips the sear.)

but yes, I love my gun, olivia is so nice to me.

One word...MSV-2 just drill a new trigger rod hole higher up and drop the new 3way in. I made the switch from MSV-1 to an MSV-2 and I'll never look back. About 3X lighter. Just built my 4th frame with an MSV-2 and they are the best. any lighter and it wouldn't return the trigger. :cool:

the mag guy
07-22-2006, 11:57 PM
sound good. you got a spare layin around. I'd pay full price. hell I migjht even give you my msv-1 if your interested. I also have the clippard one if you'd like to give it a shot. it looks a bit more sturdy, but it is a bit heavier on the pull. I didnt install it, right befiore i decided, i tire them both w/ my hand.