PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

jakub-pl
07-22-2006, 09:51 PM
im new to mags, and i only had one gun before my mag,

i was wondering what the z and y grips do? and are they any good?

also is it worth getting the lvl X or the valve upgrade , is it worth paying that much more for the X valve upgrade?

mag_lover05
07-22-2006, 10:01 PM
zgrips and ygrips strighten your wrist so it is in a more comfortable position... they are good for long scenario games and big games where you will be shooting alot, and holding your gun for a long time between games/re-incertions.

xvalves are awsome,no shoot down, lighter than previous valve, LVL10 wich is AWSOME! and with a ULT they rock

jakub-pl
07-22-2006, 10:08 PM
zgrips and ygrips strighten your wrist so it is in a more comfortable position... they are good for long scenario games and big games where you will be shooting alot, and holding your gun for a long time between games/re-incertions.

xvalves are awsome,no shoot down, lighter than previous valve, LVL10 wich is AWSOME! and with a ULT they rock

ULT is ultra light trigger right?

where can i get one of those

JRingold
07-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I have an Intelliframe currently, but I'd trade it for a Y-Grip if I could find someone to trade straight up for my Intelliframe. I've been thinking about getting one and selling the Intelliframe for a while now...

The Z-Grip, I've never tried. There is a much more severe forward angle to the frame. It is supposed to be more comfortable because your wrist isn't bent all day when shooting. The Intelliframe and other 45 frames are made for holding the grip at arms length, like a pistol. The Y and Z grips are more intended for paintball players shooting styles.

As far as upgrades... I built a new ULE RT-PRO by upgrading my original Mini-Mag. I think I ended up paying $625 for all of the upgrades, and then sold my original MiniMag for $200 to offset the costs, but that was last year. I started with an Intelliframe, then X-Valve, then ULE Body, then ULE RPG Rail, then ULE Trigger Kit. The new marker rips. It's lighter, faster and more reliable than my MiniMag. When I put a Level 10 on my Mini-Mag, I also had to get a new piston pack, so keep that in mind.

the mag guy
07-22-2006, 11:54 PM
if you can really save up and get the x-valve, do it! the bast upgrade possible and it comes with lvl 10! Its good stuff. I would base it on how often you play if youre short on cash. It is worth every penny to go x-valve. gotta buy s nitro tank too tho.

jakub-pl
07-23-2006, 08:20 AM
yea i have a 5000 psi nitro tank but i have been searching around and i cant find websites that sell parts for automag rts. i have found minimag parts rt pro parts ever mag but the rt.

and i think i have the old rt t he only shiny part is the rail. does it make a difference in parts between old rt and the newer rt?

oo and i dont think im gonna get the x valve, i dont have that much time to play a lot.

but im willing to put 250 into it

also are rt's much better then the classic automags?

Arstron
07-23-2006, 08:31 AM
For parts or complete gun:
http://www.themagsmith.com
http://www.tunamart.com
*or look in the dealer section here*

The zgrip isnt for everyone, you either love it or hate it, there is no inbetween. The last time I played I had the choice of playing with my zgriped mag (as pictured but with a blue ule body), E2 autococker, Dragun-T1, or borrowing a intimdator. I choose the zgriped mag for most of the day (although I did have level 10 problems) and finally put it up becuse of the bolt stick. I dont care much for it with a warp setup, but with a vert feed, it is very nice. Oh and how can I resist posting pictures now? :dance:

http://webpages.charter.net/arstron/motm/Photo_051206_001.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/arstron/motm/Photo_051206_003.jpg

jakub-pl
07-23-2006, 08:55 AM
there is a lot of parts on there but not much for old rts

also i cant get the x valve because it doesnt fit onto the rt, only rt pro

Arstron
07-23-2006, 09:02 AM
I didnt realize you had a original RT, the upgrades you can do, a level 10, and an intelliframe. Since the original RT uses the banjo bolt, in order to upgrade the body or the valve you will have to upgrade both as well as the rail, by then you would be better off buying a new or used RT.

buzzboy
07-23-2006, 09:06 AM
www.airgun.com has a Classic RT upgrade program. That is something you might look into. Though if you have a classic RT all I can say is get LX, an adjustable tank and a really fast hopper. That way you can have a 20+ bps gun. :D

Also I have a Y grip. It is pretty comfy. Though it would have to be drilled to fit a classic RT.

jakub-pl
07-23-2006, 09:12 AM
www.airgun.com has a Classic RT upgrade program. That is something you might look into. Though if you have a classic RT all I can say is get LX, an adjustable tank and a really fast hopper. That way you can have a 20+ bps gun. :D

Also I have a Y grip. It is pretty comfy. Though it would have to be drilled to fit a classic RT.

whats LX?

and would i be able to do the drilling myself? i really want one of those y grips

Dye Angel Guy
07-23-2006, 09:19 AM
LX is level 10 which is a must because mags can be blenders without a fast hopper because they shoot very fast and the lvl 10 is basically like a JAM/Anti-chop bolt for other guns. I know it operates differently for those waiting to pounce on that statement. I had lvl 10 on my emag and I am pretty sure I never chopped a ball and that thing was fast; I only ever shot it on hybrid and no one could believe a mag could let alone shoot that fast but do it outshooting my halo and not chop paint without eyes.

jakub-pl
07-23-2006, 09:23 AM
LX is level 10 which is a must because mags can be blenders without a fast hopper because they shoot very fast and the lvl 10 is basically like a JAM/Anti-chop bolt for other guns. I know it operates differently for those waiting to pounce on that statement. I had lvl 10 on my emag and I am pretty sure I never chopped a ball and that thing was fast; I only ever shot it on hybrid and no one could believe a mag could let alone shoot that fast but do it outshooting my halo and not chop paint without eyes.

oo lol i know the lvl X but i though LX was something else

that exchange program sounds ****en great. its a great deal. u pay 325 for the whole body and the x valve. lol the x valve alone costs 325.

but i dont have that much money to spend right now, if i did i would so buy it

do u guys think it is worth keeping my rt if i only get a lvl 10 upgrade and a ULT?

i payed 250 with shipping for my gun, it came with 12 inch barrel nitro tank and viewloader e-hopper?

Dye Angel Guy
07-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Try the trigger before you go with ULT I actually hated the ULT AND uninstalled it. I felt no difference in pressure and honestly I could shoot way faster without it. I would suggest getting the level 10 for any mag. Your RT Valve is basically an emag valve so it is just as fast and those old RTs look pretty sweet.

buzzboy
07-23-2006, 07:40 PM
I was starting to wonder. What trigger frame do you have on the RT now. Is it just the stock AGD single?

jakub-pl
07-23-2006, 08:11 PM
benchmarker double trigger