PDA

View Full Version : Classic on/off in an X valve

punkncat
07-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Swapped in the on/off assy from a classic valve into the Xvalve due to the FA issue I have been having. I seemed to have created a really light classic....there is no reactivity at all. With the L7 bolt I am currently running its quite efficent as well. I wonder if it would run CO2 this way....that I am not going to find out.

SpitFire1299
07-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Im pretty sure you can put a classic on/off in an xvalve.. like you can a ULT, or an xvalve on/off in a classic. Also i dont think you can put co2 in an xvalve because of the reg; not the on/off(Im not 100% sure on that).

Arstron
07-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Im pretty sure you can put a classic on/off in an xvalve.. like you can a ULT, or an xvalve on/off in a classic. Also i dont think you can put co2 in an xvalve because of the reg; not the on/off(Im not 100% sure on that).

You are right about not putting co2. Its becuse of the valve design, not just the on/off. The air enters the dump chamber/reg to quickly which is what causes the co2 to freeze an xvalve up.

punkncat
07-23-2006, 09:29 AM

The only problem I had was that the shoulders of the assy hit the body a bit, making it a tight fit. If I put in the field strip screw as tightly as I am used to with the Xvalve it will bind up and not fire at all. It has to stay finger tight.