PDA

View Full Version : X-valve break in

the mag guy
07-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Just to let all of you who either just got a brand new x-valve or haven't put more than 500 shots through it yet, I'd just like to say these thingss definatley have a break in point.

When I first got mine it took me forever to tune it with LX and ULT. If I wavered any from the shims I had, the valve would leak like no tomorrow. My default setup was initially 2 LX shims on the LX, and I think it was 2 LX and 1 ULT in the ULT.

Now post roughly 2500 shots, I've retuned my mag. I now have 4 LX shims in the LX and 2LX shims plus 4 ULT shims in the ULT. I know what you're saying, whay didnt you just put 4 LX shims in the ULT, I did and Iwasn't getting any bounce whatsoever (this topic is in another thread of mine). I also moved my carrier to one size smaller in the LX. Had I tried this setup at the beginning, she would have been leaking from everywhere.

Moral of the story:

Be patient with your gun. If you can, with our help, atleast get your gun down to a mild leak, and then fire it a bunch to help break it in. If you get an initial setup that doesnt leak, it will eventually, just have patience. They really are easy to tune when you get the hang of it.

I hope that helps someone out here.
Ima go sip some drank :cheers:

SR_matt
07-23-2006, 09:43 PM
when u buy a mag from agd do how dop they tune it (just inital set up or do they break it in)?
-matt

the mag guy
07-23-2006, 11:36 PM
unless you're buying just the x-valvwe w/ LX, it doesnt come tuned. It works out of the box, but its not tuned to your gun. I believe the only one they tune is their ULE RT pro and their e-mags. I'd assume any marker they sell with one in it is tuned though.

SR_matt
07-23-2006, 11:39 PM
well im getting them to build a gun (basicaly i bought parts, and am getting them annoed and milled and they will assemble and tune). when it i tuned is it broken in at all or not?
-matt

SR_matt
07-23-2006, 11:48 PM
from what i heard the x valves have 2 "stars" but the just dont mark them on the valve
-matt

the mag guy
07-24-2006, 04:16 PM
most likely tuned, but not broken in, those take a bit of shooing to do.