PDA

View Full Version : What other guns have a trigger pull similar to an 06 Black Magic Autocoker?

ß.C.
07-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I tried out the 06 Black Magic Autococker today at the NPPL Super 7s today and absolutely fell in love with the trigger. I've never owned a cocker and don't know much about them. Does any cocker expert out there wanna tell me if all E-Cockers feel like the 06 Black Magic? Or if any other gun has that similar light but semi buttony reactivity fell that the 06 Black Magic has?

I'm thinking about getting one but I've heard cockers are a ton of trouble, but I also heard that the new Black Magics is different. If someone could help me out here too that'd be just awesome.

Thanks,
Benny

HuD1Ni
07-23-2006, 07:47 PM
I tried out the 06 Black Magic Autococker today at the NPPL Super 7s today and absolutely fell in love with the trigger. I've never owned a cocker and don't know much about them. Does any cocker expert out there wanna tell me if all E-Cockers feel like the 06 Black Magic? Or if any other gun has that similar light but semi buttony reactivity fell that the 06 Black Magic has?

I'm thinking about getting one but I've heard cockers are a ton of trouble, but I also heard that the new Black Magics is different. If someone could help me out here too that'd be just awesome.

Thanks,
Benny

The frame would be most likely a E2, or worrblade.. you probably like how the trigger feels becasue of the magnet return and how fat the trigger is.. plus there is zero slop.. As far as maintance, my friend had some problems when he started, but ever since then, since he knows what hes doing with it, it works like a dream, and shoots like one to

SR_matt
07-23-2006, 09:31 PM
ok every gun will be totaly problems if you mess with it and dont take care of it. ive shoot a cocker for about 2 years and had no problems with it other than at first the timing took a little while to get perfect (and that was because i naver had cocker). after it has been set i didnt do anything to it that i wasnt 100 % sure exactly what was going on and what would happen.

get it set and dont screw with it and you will be good to go.
-matt

glickstue
07-24-2006, 11:31 AM

Thanks,
Benny

The Black Magic Autococker comes with the WorrBlade which is the WGP's version of the Eclipse eblade. It's basicly a simplified version of the eblade, rather than switching firing modes and settings through a menu system the WorrBlade uses jumpers under the grip frame. Like the firing modes, the eye logic and the trigger transition filtering software is a little less sophisticated on the WorrBlade when compared to the e2 or eclipse ZeroB. If you want a cocker that has the same trigger feel as the Black Magic but isn't quite as expensive take a look at the WGP Super Stock (http://www.armyoforr.com/superstockVRT.asp). You can also get an e2'ed cocker and put aSamurai 2 (http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/prodView.asp?prodID=2340) trigger on it. The trigger feel will be very close to the WorrBlade but you will have a bit more versatility when it comes to user settings. Hope that helps. :argh:

ß.C.
07-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks everyone for all the help, but last question: Are there guns that have a similar feel but aren't cockers?

rkjunior303
07-24-2006, 03:36 PM
egos

txaggie08
07-24-2006, 03:40 PM
most optical magnetic return triggers should feel similar.

Major Ho
07-24-2006, 03:50 PM
egos
Ditto
Considering Eclipse made all this happen

ß.C.
07-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Do egos feel different once they are gassed up or turned on? I've played around with an Ego trigger while it was off and it definitely felt different from the Black Magic. Maybe I'm just being picky :-/

rkjunior303
07-24-2006, 05:31 PM
each trigger has an infinite number of adjustment possibilities. it's possible it was just setup differently. they're both optical triggers made by the same company.

Planet Eclipse made the eblade.

fullofpaint
07-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I own an 06 BLack Magic, love it to death, but here's my opinion;

Frame sucks, I've only used it for a ciouple days and the mebrane pads dies on me after almost every day of play, also settings are locked and only ROF modes can be adjusted. So no MQ-vlave if you want one and you can't really get it perfectly setup.

Regs are iffy and Quality control is bad. my local store has had several of these, I bought one and had them install QEV's(I highly recommend these, made a big difference IMO) when they went to mount the 2nd one the threads were diffrent then the front threads and we had to tap them for w/e the right ones are, but couldn't case there wasn't enough metal. We looked at the othe rBlack Magic in the shop and it had the right threads in tha back so we changed them out and installed the QEV"s on that one.

We also had many problems with the stock reg, the o-ring provided witht the gun was not the same one as in the re-fit kit WGP sent the store. The reg constantly broke down and we replaced it with a new AKA 2 liter reg.

In the end we put a 2 liter reg on it and that seems to have solved all our problems. so another $100 on top of a $600 gun is not a bad investment at all IMO, my only other problem with it isa the trigger, I personally can't rip on it, but everty else seems to be able to :mad: guess that's jsut me though lol