PDA

View Full Version : What gun for under $700? Please help me out.

InfinatyBPS
12-23-2001, 08:59 PM
I am going to sell my cocker and im going to save up for a while to get about $700 to get something. I am thinking E-Matrix because PBgear has them new for $669, or a Gen X 3 Chaos cocker for $569 from some other store. But what would you guys reccomend, if you dont have a suggestion of your own can you at least tell me what you would get if you were me, and don't give me its you preference thing, because I just can't decide.

Me
12-23-2001, 09:02 PM
TIMMY!

magman007
12-23-2001, 09:03 PM
gx3, sto, or a kapp

Me
12-23-2001, 09:11 PM
Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy
look into it, they're sweet.
Made By:Bob Long
Specs: everything you'd expect from an elctro + antichop eye, nice milling, low price, ect.ect

InfinatyBPS
12-23-2001, 09:16 PM
realy like timmys, they look strange to me and i just dont like them, i have considered them. But no. and STOs are just stock cockers with polished and anoed parts, Kapp cockers, from what I have heard are worse in performace than Stock, no offence to who like those things, any other suggestions? I like the matrix because they are simple in design, quiet, lp, can use any thread barrel you want, the most accurate(statisticly) marker ever, they shoot realy fast, and look realy cool. so ya, more suggestions?

Me
12-23-2001, 09:22 PM
shocktech? black magic?
customize ur cocker?

The Mag Man
12-23-2001, 09:24 PM
Buy and Epic. No bolt design, with trap door feed. Super small and hella light. Great speed as well.

InfinatyBPS
12-23-2001, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Me
shocktech? black magic?
customize ur cocker?
shocktech, $1000, BM also a stock cocker made to look perty, and customizing my cocker will be like way too much money.

xmetal2001
12-23-2001, 09:28 PM
Matrix:D :D I love mine.!

Arman/XPM
12-23-2001, 09:47 PM
My STO! - ;)
2001 STO Vertical Feed - Blue
Palmers Rock reg - Blue
STO 3 - way - Chrome
STO Ram - chrome
Air America P&P Products Messiah Reg - Blue
.45 Frame/Black Magic - Chrome
32 Degrees Gel Grips - Blue
Twisted Cocking rod - Blue
STO Drop Forward - Chrome
Custom Products Bottom Line Adapter - Blue
J&J Two Peice Barrel - Black Tip - Stock STO
All S.S. Fittings and hose
WGP Beaver Tail - Blue

$715 shipped to your door!
xpmovement@hotmail.com - Email.
armanxpm - My AIM.

DYE-BaLLeR
12-23-2001, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by InfinatyBPS
realy like timmys, they look strange to me and i just dont like them, i have considered them. But no. and STOs are just stock cockers with polished and anoed parts, Kapp cockers, from what I have heard are worse in performace than Stock, no offence to who like those things, any other suggestions? I like the matrix because they are simple in design, quiet, lp, can use any thread barrel you want, the most accurate(statisticly) marker ever, they shoot realy fast, and look realy cool. so ya, more suggestions?

sto's arent just polished normal cockers, they have a different front block and matrixes arent that simple have u seen all the o rings

virus
12-23-2001, 09:55 PM
get a Soveriegn2.... made by arrow persission(yup my sp sux)
same people that put out the eggolution cockers =)

here in the states the only place i know that has them is paintballmaxx down in TX

here is a pic of mine
http://webpages.charter.net/virus1/paintball/sov2dye.jpg

InfinatyBPS
12-23-2001, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by DYE-BaLLeR

sto's arent just polished normal cockers, they have a different front block and matrixes arent that simple have u seen all the o rings

the sto pneumatics are basicly the stock design redone with alluminum instead of brass and anoed.

magman007
12-23-2001, 10:16 PM
ok an kapp owns. THere up there with shocktech. How dae you insult me like that! My kapp owns anystock cocker/black magic/ sto. They are awesome. Trust me man. My kapp owns. Slaopa milled rhino reg on it, a chrome clipard ram, and a bomb 3 way and you got yourself a perdy little machine. Thier annoing is 2nd to none.

hubadlatimmy
12-23-2001, 11:17 PM
The matrix is by far the most accurate gun ever, whoever said that. Sure they are quiet and can shoot fast but they lack in accuracy and distance per shot. Best gun under $700 in my opinion is probabally an sto or a gen-x but thats just me because I like cockers.

Cha0tic
12-23-2001, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by hubadlatimmy
The matrix is by far the most accurate gun ever, whoever said that. Sure they are quiet and can shoot fast but they lack in accuracy and distance per shot. Best gun under $700 in my opinion is probabally an sto or a gen-x but thats just me because I like cockers.

ok, all guns go the same distance with the same paint/barrel match, and same fps. the matrix is pretty consistant too.

you in a mag forum, why not get an rt pro?

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-23-2001, 11:53 PM
i would get a defiant. those guns rip. you just need an adjustable tank.

hubadlatimmy
12-24-2001, 12:10 AM
Hey cha0tic thanks for correcting me there what I origanally meant to say but was watchin rambo and typing at the same time was that whoever said they are the most accurate guns ever statisticly is dead wrong they arent even anywhere close to the most accurate guns ever.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-24-2001, 12:43 AM
i would go with a demonic impy with vision(saved a bit more)
which are about 800 maybe 850 dunno exactly

Psycow
12-24-2001, 01:30 AM
Get a RT Pro!!! :D

magic55
12-24-2001, 01:47 AM
definatly a matrix.. i lovvvveee it. you should get it at www.thematrixcenter.com though for 30 bucks more cause they have the newer ones. it is sooo nice. i haven't had one problem with leaking, its very very fast, quiet, i have a trinity and it doesn't chop balls at all and when i first got it i didn't believe it so i put a shrimp in the breech and fired the bold on it and it didn't do anything to it:D . the breech is also removable and you can get almost any barrel for them. get it its really nice

toymyster
12-24-2001, 02:23 AM
Another vote for RT Pro!!! The matrixes are nice, yet they are not that simple!!! And I have heard a few contrsdicting stories on thier reliability!!!

FooTemps
12-24-2001, 02:37 AM
An evolution cocker is pretty nice... Or how about an automocker or autocag? Hybrid it either way... doesn't seem to mater... Who did that mod? I forgot...

Psycow
12-24-2001, 03:22 AM
Why would you wanna put a shrimp into your marker? Now it probably smells a bit fishy. :p

Wild_Osiris
12-24-2001, 08:15 AM
for under 700? ummm, I think probably a defiant. I looked into the matrix and found out they are the biggest gas hogs paintball has ever known.(meaning u need a 4500 psi System) Which doesnt seem to fit you budget. Sure you could use Co2 but then you would get really messed up Chrono speed readings, (doesnt help the gun either) (shooting so fast u might ice your gun with liquid co2 uncool). So all and all the matrix is a good gun but u need a great tank to go with it. Since you have electro fever, and dont want an intimmy, I think you should go with a Defiant. (no not an impulse pos) Defiants are really customizable and look sweet, sweeter than bushies or imps. Other wise I would recommend, a black magic, Rtpro, or the new genx chaos series (but u have electro fever).

Maghappy
12-24-2001, 10:02 AM
if u want a fast reliable gun, RT pro its a mag! stick with AGD. Matrixes i heard are gas hogslike no other and take 4500 tanks wich by themselves are $200 and up. RT pro is a great gun and RIPS paint. also, if you really want an electro and it sounds like yer spending 700, spend only 600 and get yer gun converted to an emag! :) best electro man... get a conversion to emag or get a RT pro.

udtseal
12-24-2001, 10:23 AM
R/T Pro or find a used E-mag and own everyone!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

wyn1370
12-24-2001, 10:35 AM
timmy all the way
even if you think they look goofy, it grows on you. I didn't like them at first. But as soon as I shot one, I had to get one.

jtsarnak
12-24-2001, 10:55 AM
I've been working on and playing with cockers for over 4 years now, my first was a 98. I've owned or shot more than a few Franken-Cockers and some of the name-brand, out-of-the-box "custom" cockers. I really have to say that the stock cocker is now just about the best bang-for-buck gun you can get. The new vertical feed stock cockers come in annodized colors if that's your thing too. I think the only thing you need to do to a stock cocker is throw on your barrel of choice (which is a given for any cocker, name-brand or otherwise) and throw on your favorite 45 frame (slider or swing). I've been doing trigger jobs for about 2 years now and I can tell you that the length of the trigger pull is no longer limited by the 3-way, but more by the reliability of the sear/hammer interface to be catching. I've made 3mm pulls on stock 3-ways no sweat. Good 45 frames will have set screws for vertical slack and forward/rear stop screw. With a little bit of time and effort, you can time in a 3mm pull, cut the springs a bit to lighten it and you have a gun that shoots just as well as all the name-brand pieces costing 3 times as much. Maybe a little less efficient (what's 200 shots when you have an air pass for the day?) but not too much else is different. Where does all the money go? Replacing stock parts that don't need to be (all the regs on the stock cocker are adjustable, just need a little bit of patience) and milling and annoing a gun so you can talk about how pretty it is while you wait in the dead-box. I see more pretty-boy guns in the dead-box because they spend all their money on "custom" stuff and have no money to play regularly and get better. I've played against model 98s that would wreck house on most non-tourney players, regardless of what they were shooting. Buy a gun you're comfortable with and then go play and get better. At the end of the day, people look at how well you performed, not how many bells, whistles or sparkles you have on your gun.

DYE-BaLLeR
12-24-2001, 10:59 AM
sto parts arent just polished stocke parts, they have differerent rams and 3 ways. and their just better ,

skipdogg
12-24-2001, 11:16 AM
:cool:

[TSS] Dake
12-24-2001, 12:33 PM
gonna hafta say RT pro.

joeyjoe367
12-24-2001, 01:02 PM
PwrFeed mag + warp feed + hyperframe

:D :D :D

PRO_Ski101
12-24-2001, 01:12 PM
Never shot a Matrix,HATED the regular and STO cockers.GO RT PRO.best deision i EVA made.

magic55
12-24-2001, 01:21 PM
i still say matrix. i have a matix and an rt pro and i must say i like the matrix more. the rtpro is awesome and fast and everything but the matrix trigger is just soo nice and i does not chop. it is a gas hog but you can get a bolt kit for it that makes it 33% more efficient from what i've heard about them. they are pretty simple i think all you do is unscrew the back screw and take the breech off then push everything out and grease a couple o rings its not to hard. i love it, its quiet, fast, pretty simple, and its very consistant... the only negative is the efficiency.

RSUAVE911
12-24-2001, 10:17 PM
Ok I feel you should buy a used emag...you can get them for like 650-700 so you decide.

deded
12-24-2001, 11:20 PM
I've got another vote here for a used Emag.

I'm on the same path as you right now: Selling the cocker, getting an electro.

These are the conclusions that I have come to.

A *new* Bushy, timmy, matrix, defiant etc. with all of the stuff that they need to be upgraded with, will cost as much if not more then a used Emag w/warp and/or halo.

New things are nice, but soon, they will be used... and an Emag, new or used, has the best freakin warrantee in the paintball world... so it will always work like it is new, for years. Whereas in a year, your brand new (insert other electro here) may or may not have problems in which case you'd actually have to pay to get them fixed!:eek:

This is why I'm planning on getting a used Emag (or trading my cocker for one)

Emags rule!

chuckxster3000
07-08-2003, 10:03 PM
get my baby no less than 650 comes with all you see here and a full freak set

darklord
07-08-2003, 10:41 PM
Go matrix, you can find a stock LED cheap, don't buy from PB gear, because I DOUBT you'd be getting the bolt kit or LPR, which are needed for making your matrix work best for you. A stock matrix LED will please you. It's fast, little to no kick depending on your setup, has moderate efficiency (with bolt kit of course), and really does not chop. Did I mention it is probably the quietest marker out there? Even with a stock CP the matrix is so damn quiet... just keep a fast loader on there (halo b or an egg II at least), and get the right lube! For me Matrix Muck is the only way to go. Oh yeah and keep it lubed well. The matrix DOES in fact have a lot of o-rings, but as long as you keep it lubed with the correct lube it will work awesome.

rehme
07-09-2003, 01:20 AM
vapor bushy!!!

very fast, cosistant, efficent.

i outshot my egg2 with it if that is fast enough for you :D

TheBigRaguPB4L
07-09-2003, 02:02 AM
guys, this thread is almost 2 years old. Leave it alone.

IceCool32
07-09-2003, 02:05 AM
Omen or Used E-mag.

Shot an omen recently, liked it.

E-mag's have always been great, and now with LvL. 10 and several other ULE goodies you can get...E-mag is deffiently a great way to go as well.