PDA

View Full Version : PTP Micromag Detent help

netsurferdude2
07-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Ok. I finally wanted to join the world of mags so I bought a Micromag that had a rare anno that is very close to a gun I already own.

The gun shoots fine but has a very low velocity. That is not the problem I need help with. I am going ot upgrade to a lvl 10 when I get some money. The problem I have with the gun is double feeding. On every shot, it feeds 2 or more balls and break a ton.

Because it is a PTP gun, it uses this plastic lever detent. Well when I bought the gun, the lever arm on the detent assembly was broken in half so after contacting PTP, I purchased a new one.

After taking the old one off and putting the new one on, I made sure it would pivot perfectly and it does. That doesnt seem to cause the double feeding.

When you look into the breach, a very small part of the detent arm actually can be seen so I think the problem lies there.

Is there anyone out there familiar with the PTP detent and micromags? Ask any questions you need.

SocialD
07-24-2006, 08:24 PM
How do your bolt look? Is it in good shape. I found that mags double feed when the shoulder where the sear catches wears down.

Vircolac
07-24-2006, 09:41 PM
The plastic detent doesn't go in that far; maybe an eight of an inch. Is the spring that holds the detent into position weak? You should easily be able to toggle the detent with your finger, but it should go right back into position and stay there.

The bolt might be the cause of the problem. What hopper are you using? I've heard Halos can actually push balls past the detent. I use a Ricochet on my and have never had problems.

Let us know a little more about what is happening and we'll try to help.

netsurferdude2
07-26-2006, 06:19 PM
The plastic detent doesn't go in that far; maybe an eight of an inch. Is the spring that holds the detent into position weak? You should easily be able to toggle the detent with your finger, but it should go right back into position and stay there.

The bolt might be the cause of the problem. What hopper are you using? I've heard Halos can actually push balls past the detent. I use a Ricochet on my and have never had problems.

Let us know a little more about what is happening and we'll try to help.

I dont know how my bolt is suppose to look.

Spring on detent is brand new. It moves easily.

I use a 12v revvy.

What else do you need to know? I have said pretty much everything.

Pneumagger
07-26-2006, 11:23 PM
I dont know how my bolt is suppose to look.

Spring on detent is brand new. It moves easily.

I use a 12v revvy.

What else do you need to know? I have said pretty much everything.

Try streacthing the spring.

netsurferdude2
07-27-2006, 08:17 AM
The spring on the detent?

SocialD
07-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Streching the spring is a good idea. Or you can see if they have a little stronger spring at the hardware store.

Second thought about the bolt, that probably isn't your problem. A worn bolt is likely to cause double firing, not double feeding.

One thing that I noticed with my Micromag was that I was resting my index finger on my left hand, I shoot left handed, on the ball detent without noticing it and that was allowing balls to just feed through the gun. One time I emptied my whole hopper on the ground right in front of me without realizing it until my VL2000 just kept running. :wow:

netsurferdude2
08-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Spring was replaced and it still has the same problem.

Vircolac
08-03-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't think the detent is the problem. You said the gun has low velocity. Did you try turning up the velocity to where it should be? I almost suspect that something isn't cycling correctly. You also said it breaks a ton. Are you chopping? Chopping would mess up your feed neck more than your barrel.

Are you using HPA or CO2? Is it a standard level 7, or RT valve?