PDA

View Full Version : It's been an awesome run AGD...

javasnot17
07-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Well fellas, after 11 years with AGD, I've decided its time to move onto Macdev. I've been alongside AGD since 1995 when I first started playing paintball, & to be honest, I was hoping I could stick with 'em 'till the end. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. This past couple of months I picked up my first '06 Borg, and I haven't looked back since. I'm totally in awe of it's performance, quality, reliability, price, looks, and customer service. I was so taken back that the only way I could afford to get my hands on another (a back-up) was to break my bond with AGD and sell off my beloved X-Mag. As with many of you on this forum, I started off blasting suckers in the woods; however, during the same year I was introduced to speedball (with pallets, giant spools, & tires set up as bunkers). Within the next 5 years or so, I see-sawed between the two forms of play. I found myself more addicted to speedball, simply for the fact that I loved to constantly move around. So I began to save up money for an X-Mag. It took the selling of an Automag, Minimag, & some parts, but eventually I picked one up. As of this past Friday, that last of my Mag collection sold to ShotOnSight.

I just wanted to say thanks for everything that AGD & all of its loyal members have done for me these past 11 years. I'll never forget it, as well as never forgetting the company that guided & brought me to where I am today. As with alot of people who leave & then decide to comback, I'm almost positive I'll be doing the same thing, but this time I'll be coming back as a collector. Again, thank you all very much. Take care AGD.

Steve

peewee
07-24-2006, 10:25 PM
:rofl: You will be back... Believe me i left for half a decade . ;)

FooTemps
07-24-2006, 10:48 PM
:rofl: You will be back... Believe me i left for half a decade . ;)

lol... Yeah, peewee's right. You'll eventually miss the mag and have on for nostalgia at least.

btw: how's paintball in spokane? (aka middle of nowhere washington, :-D) Around Seattle is okay, but I've always been courious about Eastern Washington...

Pneumagger
07-24-2006, 10:59 PM
...then you are lost

:(

peewee
07-25-2006, 06:44 AM
lol... Yeah, peewee's right. You'll eventually miss the mag and have on for nostalgia at least.

btw: how's paintball in spokane? (aka middle of nowhere washington, :-D) Around Seattle is okay, but I've always been courious about Eastern Washington...

We have a limited number of venues but there is generally always something going on. The venues all work together to make sure that events/ tourneys dont overlap.You can figure on two or three tourneys a month. :shooting:

Rudz
07-25-2006, 09:12 AM
:(

The force has been lost with this one, ahh the tragedy. May you soon regain the force, then you shall find yourself.

SCpoloRicker
07-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Wait, you mean to say that we are supposed to own Automags here? ;)

/lots of us don't
//its the community, stupid

WenULiVeUdiE
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
You're moving onto another great community. A younger AKA...

I'll never miss my 'Mag. Everytime I used it it gave me some sort of problem...

REDRT
07-25-2006, 10:03 PM
"javasnot17"
Bye-bye sucker. The Xmag is its own back-up. Just more mags for us die hard fans to collect. :D

Wait, you mean to say that we are supposed to own Automags here?
If I had my way thats how it would be. ;)

MoeMag
07-25-2006, 10:23 PM
If you are a mag fan you should always keep at least one.

I have been fortunate enough to own many of the high-end guns in the past months... I still love shooting my mags.

Have a nice vacation, cause you will eventually come home.

rkjunior303
07-25-2006, 10:38 PM
You're moving onto another great community. A younger AKA...

I'll never miss my 'Mag. Everytime I used it it gave me some sort of problem...

same here.

i went from Mags to AKA to MacDev.

WenULiVeUdiE
07-25-2006, 10:48 PM
i went from Mags to AKA to MacDev.

I'd expect to make it into MacDev within a year. I may make it by September depending my how much money I have saved...

SPECK
07-25-2006, 11:36 PM
I went from Mags to WDP to Smart Parts.

lol

Aslan
08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
First off...11 years and only 57 posts...you must not have loved the community THAT much! :rolleyes:

Second....hearing that you got rid of a perfectly good X-Mag...the Holy Grail of markers (at least the one I consider to be the holy grail)...makes me want to kick you. Not in a mean way...more like how Moe kicks Curly for being a :tard: .

What I don't understand is...I see lots of people switching from Mags to electros...and E-Mags to whatever the Pro Player marker of the month is. What I don't understand is...why woukld anyone get rid of an X-Mag? An X-Mag is just as fast as anything out there...reliability...quality...I don't understand. :confused:

I can see dumping a Minimag or automag for something faster. Believe me, as much as I hate to admit it...I've been envious of the guys at the field with A-5s with response triggers and WAS boards. I've even been a little jealous of the newbs with Ions shooting all over the place at 16-19bps. I have often thought...hmmm, maybe I should get rid of my mechs...maybe the age of mech is over and it's time to move on.

But ot get rid of an X-Mag?!! That doesn't make any sense.

bentothejam1n
08-08-2006, 12:02 PM
What I don't understand is...I see lots of people switching from Mags to electros...and E-Mags to whatever the Pro Player marker of the month is. What I don't understand is...why woukld anyone get rid of an X-Mag? An X-Mag is just as fast as anything out there...reliability...quality...I don't understand. :confused:

I had a tac but even if i had a x mag i would still change. i'm switching purely because mags arent effiecent at all. i mainly play outlaw (95% of the time), it doesnt make much sense to shoot something that will run out of air 3/4 through the day.

shartley
08-08-2006, 12:17 PM
I had a tac but even if i had a x mag i would still change. i'm switching purely because mags arent effiecent at all. i mainly play outlaw (95% of the time), it doesnt make much sense to shoot something that will run out of air 3/4 through the day.
This is one of the only real drawbacks I see with Mags. If you ONLY play at commercial fields it isn’t a problem, but once you start playing at private fields or “outlaw” you get yourself in a bit of a pinch.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-08-2006, 12:18 PM
What I don't understand is...I see lots of people switching from Mags to electros...and E-Mags to whatever the Pro Player marker of the month is. What I don't understand is...why woukld anyone get rid of an X-Mag? An X-Mag is just as fast as anything out there...reliability...quality...I don't understand. :confused:.

To play Devil's Advocate:
Efficiency, weight, trigger system, software, eye system, just to change things up, etc.

No marker is perfect; hence, people switch markers.

javasnot17
08-08-2006, 04:36 PM
First off...11 years and only 57 posts...you must not have loved the community THAT much! :rolleyes:

Second....hearing that you got rid of a perfectly good X-Mag...the Holy Grail of markers (at least the one I consider to be the holy grail)...makes me want to kick you. Not in a mean way...more like how Moe kicks Curly for being a :tard: .

I can see dumping a Minimag or automag for something faster. Believe me, as much as I hate to admit it...I've been envious of the guys at the field with A-5s with response triggers and WAS boards. I've even been a little jealous of the newbs with Ions shooting all over the place at 16-19bps. I have often thought...hmmm, maybe I should get rid of my mechs...maybe the age of mech is over and it's time to move on.

Hey idiot, where does it say in the rule book that I have to post just to be a part of this community? I read alot and just make posts when I want, and if necessary. This one was definitely necessary. I shot Mags, and only Mags, for 11 years before I decided to make a change. WTF is wrong with that? I made sure my X-Mag went to a good owner, and if your dumb*** kept reading my post, I did hint that I would more than likely end up coming back. Thanks for the respect ***hole. And for the 3 dudes who posted after you, thanks for letting this guy know what's up. Peace.

Troen
08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
not a bad trade.

50 cal
08-08-2006, 05:14 PM
They always come back. ;)

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
08-08-2006, 06:56 PM
They ALWAYS come back. :ninja:

minimag03
08-08-2006, 07:03 PM

I haven't seen many posts on AO as bad and bias as this one. I sat looking at the screen trying to think of where to start for about 5 minutes. The only thing I can say is that post is broken.

psychowarden
08-08-2006, 07:05 PM
(aka middle of nowhere washington, :-D

Have you been to Moses Lake recently?

tippett
08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I don’t have the post count as most of the people in this thread but I couldn’t help throw my .02 cents in because I have been in this same situation recently.

Java 11 years with AGD is quite a long time and you are right to say you will probably be back. I know I’ve been back 3 times and each time I sold my Mag for other markers I regretted it within a month. Lucky for me EBay exists and a lot of other people have decided to also leave their Mags for various reasons making getting back to the reliability I have come to expect when I play easily attainable. I now have a great classic Mag (for co2 only playing scenarios) along with as Aslan put it “the Holy Grail of Markers” my gloss black XMag. It doesn’t get better than that. I also own an AKA 02 Viking which is my primary as I am afraid to scratch my X (I do use it just not when I play outlaw/rec ball). So go enjoy MacDev they make a great marker I am currently thinking of getting a Borg myself and when you start thinking of the good old days AO and the Automag will still be here.

On a side note to peewee & footemps the Tri-Cities over here in Eastern Washington has a thriving outlaw/recball crowd along with tourneys once in a great while. Only one real field though.

Aslan
08-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey idiot, where does it say in the rule book that I have to post just to be a part of this community? I read alot and just make posts when I want, and if necessary. This one was definitely necessary. I shot Mags, and only Mags, for 11 years before I decided to make a change. WTF is wrong with that? I made sure my X-Mag went to a good owner, and if your dumb*** kept reading my post, I did hint that I would more than likely end up coming back. Thanks for the respect ***hole. And for the 3 dudes who posted after you, thanks for letting this guy know what's up. Peace.

Whoooaa!! How bout stepping up the maturity about 12 notches.

1) Never said you had to post or do anything, just thought it was odd.
2) Never said there was anything "wrong" with you shooting mags for 11 years.
3) Maybe if you posted more often you'd understand that using *** and acronyms is avoiding the swear filter :nono: ...and since I "at worst" made a humorous reference to giving you a kick in the butt...I don't think what you said was called for.
4) The 3 people that posted after me made valid points...they didn't get personal and act like a 14 year old punk...they didn't "let me know what's up"...

Thanks for the respect ***hole.
How bout earning it instead of expecting it? :rolleyes:

Bottomline...you made a post about getting rid of a marker and going a different route. I expressed my view that I think the marker you're getting rid of is a pretty dang cool gun and if it were me, I wouldn't want to get rid of it. Now, I could say more...I could flame you back...but I'm going to take the high road...so, good day to you and good luck with your new marker. :cheers:

Aslan
08-09-2006, 12:27 AM
I haven't seen many posts on AO as bad and bias as this one. I sat looking at the screen trying to think of where to start for about 5 minutes. The only thing I can say is that post is broken.

What? My post is "bad" because you disagree? I'm "biased" because someday I'd like to own an X-Mag? :tard: :( :cry:

Man...I can't believe I'm getting such a backlash for saying I like the X-Mag! I know I'm not alone...people pay big time cash for them and don't want to get rid of them...so I can't be the only one. Here I am on AO getting pounded on for saying I like AGD guns! Man O Man.

Life would be so much easier if I had just lied and said, "Yeah man...X-Mags are so over-rated...I sold mine and got a shocker and an Ion as a back-up and now life is like living in a chocolate castle...but maybe someday I'll be back, who knows...if Ollie Lang ever shoots an X-Mag I might decide to get one." :headbang:

Come on guys...lighten up...be nice to me... :cheers: :cheers:

electriceel125
08-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Lets be careful here please... its starting to sound like pbnation.