PDA

View Full Version : a good and fast mag mechanic

bawitheba
07-25-2006, 06:57 PM
I just got a blue ice ule ult lvl10 rpg mag in the mail and i cant seem to get it tuned correctly. i need a good and fast mag mechanic so i can use this next weekend. help me

here are some pics of my new mag

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1786/ulemag002yg0.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2293/ulemag001tk3.jpg

Maggot6
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
TO start, what kind of "tuning" problems are you having? Also, that is a great ULE mag!

Most likely the ULT/LVL 10 of course, seeing as everything is pretty new....

punkncat
07-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Very nice. What rail is that?

Otherwise I can't help you out about someone quick. That is the bad thing about Mags. If you want a part...you wait. If you want a custom service....you wait, and sometimes a LONG time.

bawitheba
07-25-2006, 07:44 PM
its a karta rail and the lvl 10 and th ult are giving me problems i just need someone to fine tune them for me and at a speedy time frame

Pneumagger
07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
well, where do live...that would help some.

bawitheba
07-25-2006, 07:54 PM
i live in louisiana i can ship out tomorrow if needed to get it back to me by next weekend

the mag guy
07-25-2006, 09:08 PM
it would be less costly if you tuned it yourself. Instead of directing you to another thread, I'll try to sum it all up.

I can try to do it over the phone w/ you. pm me for my cell phone. I am available tomorrow from 9am till 1:10pm Central time. from there im at work till 11 pm and I do not have phone reception.

if you really want to mail it off you can, but gimme a shot, mine turned out good.

the main thing is to concentrate on one of the items at a time. LX shoudl be the easiest to get running then we'll work on the ULT.

when you call have these things ready:
1 your gun
2 a full tank of air or as much as you can, plz have more than 2000 psi.
3 crescent wrench or other smooth faced wrench of the appropriate size. i dont know the size
4 all your extra shims LX and ULT separated of course
5 the exploded view of the x-valve, I'll host the image below. (thanks nate for the pic.)
6 gun oil
7 if you have the X-valve stock on/off have that ready too.
8 a small allen wrench or other device to remove the carrier. ( #6 in pics below).

If you want my help, im here. pm me.

if everything goes well, it should take tops like 25 at the most. I tuned my friends over the phone in 10 mins.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/themagguy/X-Valve_Exploded.jpg
heres a cut down version with the stuff we actually need, choose whichever you like
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/themagguy/help.jpg

Pacifist_Farmer
07-26-2006, 07:19 AM
You posted that you need the service Yesterday at midnight, we'll call that today, we can assume that you needing the marker for this weekend means you need it friday night.

Now lets assume you like fedex:

If you mail the package right now to some place within a state or two using the fastest service available, but not same day, your looking at roughly $30, and it will get there tomorrow at noon.

for you to recieve the package from the tech. it would need to be sent out by Thursday afternoon, at the same price.

I can't think of anyone whos going to take a day off of work to tune your RT, because you need it quick. Besides your already looking at $60 dollars in shipping.

Do like the mag guy says and learn how to tune it yourself, infinitely more valuable.

bawitheba
07-26-2006, 09:18 AM
dude i need it for next weekend like a week and a half away its not that big of a rush but i need it soon have tried to tech it myself and i will be contacting the mag guy

Pacifist_Farmer
07-26-2006, 11:29 AM
My apologies I took "next weekend" to mean this weekend, since we weren't quite half way through the week yet.

Good luck.

the mag guy
07-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I got your pm and responded. I'll be available tonight (wednesday) after 10 pm or anytime before 2 pm tomorrow (thursday).

SummaryJudgement
07-26-2006, 02:39 PM
bawitheba,

How do you like the mag man?! I didn't think you would have any problems with it cosmetically, but since I never got around to gassing the dang thing up I imagined it would need some work.

I love the cocker you sent me of course. And it's the only gun I have with an E2 frame on it, which I'm really liking the feelings of.

Just wanted to make sure you were happy with the mag. I'm certainly happy on my end :D

Laterz.....

bawitheba
07-26-2006, 03:22 PM
i love the mag all i need now is the karta body to go with it im i the process of getting one right now

SummaryJudgement
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Sweeeeetttttttttt!