PDA

View Full Version : increased the halo speed.

nate2k191
07-25-2006, 10:40 PM
haha, just got my halo feeding 28bps, yay, now it can keep up with x-mod. 200 balls in 7 seconds.

NewbieMagMan10988
07-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Care to tell us how???

Ive heard notihng but good things about the X-mod.

Good work i guess.

Mike

nate2k191
07-25-2006, 10:46 PM
as for the halo, this (http://www.shocktechusa.com/pages/loader/mp_loadacc_swheel.htm)

i already had a v35 board, hybrid shells, rechargable batteries, rip drive, and hybrid drive cone.

as for x-mod, i have a thread here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200210)

NewbieMagMan10988
07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah, i saw/posted on that vid.

Great gun BTW, i love the white.

(not a racist, gun color) ;)

Mike

nate2k191
07-25-2006, 10:56 PM
lol, sending the body and feedneck to get a little milling done and powder coated white tomorrow.

MoeMag
07-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Finnaly got one huh...
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195188

I love mine :D

I have a b-2 board on it as well. And if you really want that thing to fly... put a shocker body o-ring in as the belt. OMG! :eek: hella fast!

BUT! you will burn out your motor really fast.

nate2k191
07-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Finnaly got one huh...

haha, yea i saw your thread a month or 2 ago, and i finally decided i needed one.

paintman1234
07-25-2006, 11:37 PM
you can do that, or you can make one out of pvc for like $1....

Taken from Pbnation.com

Mod made by the one and only flight cancled so give him all of the props for this one.

Ok just finished this so pics will be up soon:

BPS THIS WILL GIVE YOU: about 4 -5 BPS

Materials:
1/4 ID X 3/8 OD PVC (home depot in Plumbing ask someone in there for help if you cant find it)
A drill with a quarter inch bit (a whole bit kit helps)
A dremel with a round diamond debarring bit
A hammer

Directions:
Clamp the PVC in place about 3" down so that the peice that you will be using is not clamped/deformed. Take a 1/4" drill bit and drill out the inside of one of the ends on the PVC pipe about 1/4". Cut about a 1/2" peice off of the end of the PVC that you have just drilled out. Disassemble your halo and get to the motor. Take the motor and put the lil 1/2 peice on the end of the motor over the stock pulley. If the peice of PVC isn't going on with ease then take a hammer and lightly tap it in place so the bottom of the 1/2" peice of PVC is about flush with the stock pulley.

Now take your motor and plug it into the halo board and connect the battery. Turn on the halo and take the dremel with the diamond debarring bit and lightly touch it to the peice of PVC witch is on the motor so you can cut a nice lil groove for the halo belt to fit on. DONE!

back to paintman1234 talking*

if you want to make it even faster look into a new motor, the hyper 2 dash motor fits in perfect and spins at almost 3 times the rpms as the stock motor with the same voltage

nate2k191
07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
you mean make your own? actually, i felt stupid after i bought it, and i was wondering why i didnt just make the part.

as for the motor, i was gonna ask you guys if you ever had those japanese mini electric cars, they use the same size motors. Plus since it was a hobby about having a fast car, i have some super fast motors. I'm thinking about trying one out in the halo, it would only take a bit of soldering.

NewbieMagMan10988
07-26-2006, 06:37 AM
You could try, but if the motor goes to fast you have a nice 100 dollar paint blender.

You could try though, might be fun. Can anyone say 60bps?

Mike

BigEvil
07-26-2006, 07:29 AM
I was waiting for someone to tell me about that Shocktech thing. I also hear that the Boost pack and Victory board combo is pretty insane.

Speaking of shocktech and Halos, has anyone tried that long spring yet? Wasnt there one like that on the original Halo A and they changed it?

hvacman250
07-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Just buy the Hot Rod kit. You get the longer anti-jam spring, aluminum drive cone, delrin spring housing and bigger pulley.

Ive got a Halo w/ Hybrid shells, ST Hot Rod kit, Lucky rechargeable batteries, and Victory board. Its insane on setting # 7. About 32 bps.

nate2k191
07-26-2006, 08:04 AM
i got the long spring too haha, it was only a dollar or 2 more, so i figure why not.

it seems to work bettter, the paint used to get stuck on my old short spring.