PDA

View Full Version : dm5 i bought

mr.mag218
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
so i buy a dm5 thats listed for 430, as broken solenoid.....well i get it today air it up and yup it leaks through the frame. im looking at the bolt and holy god did this kid neglect his gun....long story short i just take it apart, lube it up, adjust the lpr, and tighten down the solenoid and....BAM a 430 dollar dm5 shoots like a friggin charm! :dance:

mobsterboy
07-26-2006, 01:33 PM
so i buy a dm5 thats listed for 430, as broken solenoid.....well i get it today air it up and yup it leaks through the frame. im looking at the bolt and holy god did this kid neglect his gun....long story short i just take it apart, lube it up, adjust the lpr, and tighten down the solenoid and....BAM a 430 dollar dm5 shoots like a friggin charm! :dance:

sell it and buy a mag. you wont be disappointed, especially when in 2 years an emag will still be the same price and a dm5 will be like 300 used

geekwarrior
07-26-2006, 01:36 PM
sell it and buy a mag. you wont be disappointed, especially when in 2 years an emag will still be the same price and a dm5 will be like 300 used

he's going to sell it and buy my Dmag frame back...lol

trevorjk
07-26-2006, 01:37 PM

but a DM5 will still be a DM5 wich is (field legal) faster, lighter (in most cases) sexier (in most cases) more consistant, and usually easier to sell, even if it is for a tad less then he bought it for.

gruntbull
07-26-2006, 02:10 PM

You are very lucky... wish I could find another DM5 for that price...

Lohman446
07-26-2006, 02:17 PM

You're kidding right?

mr.mag218
07-26-2006, 04:06 PM
i already have a dmag...

rkjunior303
07-26-2006, 06:02 PM
::eyeroll:: regarding the mag comment.

keep the DM.

-Tab
07-26-2006, 11:20 PM

Riiiiiight.

I would take one DM5 over 3 E-mags.

behemoth
07-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Riiiiiight.

I would take one DM5 over 3 E-mags.

I'd take the 3 emags

and sell them

and buy 2 upped dm5's :p

CKY_Alliance
07-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Nothing shoots as smooth as a matrix..im not sure i would shoot anything else, kind of want to try a quest but it would be hard to get me to put down my UL framed pm6...thing shoots like butter. I havnt shot a dm5 but i have shot all other year matrices..so im sure they shoot just as well, just make sure your lpr is tuned right..i shot a dm6 a few weeks ago that kicked like a shotgun because they kid that owns it thinks he knows more then the dye techs :rolleyes: ..ahh well enjoy the gun.

dahoeb
07-27-2006, 02:39 PM
good deal

mr.mag218
07-27-2006, 05:55 PM
wow, id definately take the 3 emags. i've owned a few matrix's and guess what....i always go back to shooting a mag. i just need a gun that can shoot a consistant 240 fps without constant adjusting. but it shoots great and i was sharing the deal....didn't mean to start a mag VS every other gun thread

fullofpaint
07-27-2006, 06:22 PM
werid, my DM5 is WAYYYYY more consistent than my mag or any of my other guns :confused:

CKY_Alliance
07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Are you saying the mag or the dm5 is inconsistant?...I havnt had a consitancy with any of my matrices.

mr.mag218
07-27-2006, 09:06 PM
mag takes way more tuning and even then isn't garunteed to work in reball...not the dm5.

nevets11_2003
07-27-2006, 09:14 PM
wow, id definately take the 3 emags. i've owned a few matrix's and guess what....i always go back to shooting a mag. i just need a gun that can shoot a consistant 240 fps without constant adjusting. but it shoots great and i was sharing the deal....didn't mean to start a mag VS every other gun thread
Ill trade you my tacone :p let me know if you get tired of it

thats a great deal on the dm5, lets see some pics of it

dahoeb
07-27-2006, 09:35 PM
mags taking a lot of tuning? its a mag! tune the level 10 in one afternoon and never touch it again!

i'm sure the dm5 is a great gun, otherwise it wouldn't be so popular. i hear nothing but good things about them. with that being said, i've NEVER had consistancy issues with any of my 4 mags, they shoot about as tight as possible for a pball gun.

after a good high end marker breaks in, if its got a decent reg and airsupply, the shot to shot consistency is largely paint/barrel match. its not that my mags are inherently more consistent than anything else out there.
you give a mag and a dm horrible paint matches, and they'll both shoot about as consisent spyders

....i'm rambling now....

mr.mag218
07-27-2006, 09:46 PM
mags taking a lot of tuning? its a mag! tune the level 10 in one afternoon and never touch it again!

i'm sure the dm5 is a great gun, otherwise it wouldn't be so popular. i hear nothing but good things about them. with that being said, i've NEVER had consistancy issues with any of my 4 mags, they shoot about as tight as possible for a pball gun.

after a good high end marker breaks in, if its got a decent reg and airsupply, the shot to shot consistency is largely paint/barrel match. its not that my mags are inherently more consistent than anything else out there.
you give a mag and a dm horrible paint matches, and they'll both shoot about as consisent spyders

....i'm rambling now....
lot of tuning....for it to shoot at 240 fps.

magman007
07-27-2006, 09:53 PM
so how consistent is your rt reg over the chrono? Please, i would really like to know, try shooting it without the rt chrono procedure.. then tell me. I know you arent constantly shootng, and shooting fast to hit that top chrono speed..... I garauntee you a broken in hyper 2 is more consistent over the chrono than an rt valve that is being one balled.

mobsterboy
07-27-2006, 11:31 PM
You're kidding right?

you realize i said nothing about cosmetics, consistency or anything else other than value. The DM3's and Dm4's went for what, a grand, maybe more new. What are they worth now? ****. thats what. so tell me im wrong.

electriceel125
07-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Please children no arguing!