PDA

View Full Version : PBnation gone?

fullofpaint
07-26-2006, 08:41 PM
for some reason my computer can't see PBnation anymore? I jsut get a google search page, is it gone?

nevets11_2003
07-26-2006, 08:42 PM
for some reason my computer can't see PBnation anymore? I jsut get a google search page, is it gone?
its down for me
at least we still have AO :clap:

the mag guy
07-26-2006, 08:46 PM
:headbang:

we rock

Pha|anx
07-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Anyone remember when AO crashed and how people reacted? I wonder how all the poor 12 years olds are coping without PBN.

FallNAngel
07-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah, because everyone on PBN is 12 years old :tard:

Pump Scout
07-26-2006, 09:14 PM
The database seems to be eating itself. It's going to be no fun at all cleaning up the aftermath, which seems to involve posts of absolutely nothing. It'll be back, it's being worked on.

Chronobreak
07-26-2006, 09:21 PM

we can only hope its dead.

btw, theyve been having alot of database problems lately so i would think theyr attempting to fix that or had more problems.

and just think the people that might wander to AO if pbn went down :eek:

--it is up now

mobsterboy
07-26-2006, 09:46 PM
God, dont make threads like this unless they are true. I thought maybe they finally got rid of it...although if they had more mods that were stricker, pbnation would be a great place

warbeak2099
07-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Jeez, you guys make it like Pbn is like Soddom and Gamorah. There are plenty of sections on Pbn that are just as good as AO. And yes, some are pretty retarded. But the whole site isn't a shambles. A lot of it is good quality. Let's not do the negative hype thang and then complain when someone else does it. Mmmkay? ;)

-Tab
07-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Anyone remember when AO crashed and how people reacted? I wonder how all the poor 12 years olds are coping without PBN.

Mass suicide.

pennywise
07-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Mass suicide.
All right, who made the Kool Aid...?

ttink
07-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Jeez, you guys make it like Pbn is like Soddom and Gamorah. There are plenty of sections on Pbn that are just as good as AO. And yes, some are pretty retarded. But the whole site isn't a shambles. A lot of it is good quality. Let's not do the negative hype thang and then complain when someone else does it. Mmmkay? ;)
Agreed. There are alot of useful tutorials and how-to's over there that are probably lost now.

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
07-27-2006, 12:09 AM
well hersmy thwegh...............wait. No...............Opps to wasted to post tis Ithink i forgot.

(Half of the PBnation's members)

I am a member of PBNation (same user name) I attend a bunch of threads on there. The store/owner's section, small talk (hey its worth a good laugh or two), the AGD section (of course need I explain), tippmann section (still the best loaner gun) and of course the BST section to see if I can get anyything cheap.

there is upside to the site and downfalls as well (Like licking the butthole of a crocidille in a phone booth.)

Aslan
08-08-2006, 04:29 PM
I have mixed feelings about PBNation.

I do think there is alot of value on that site, BUT...

1. Unless you're a suppoting member, you can't search...and since 3200 people are posting a minute...it's nearly impossible to find anything.
2. People who are supporting members seem to have an extra bit of leeway with their flame throwing.
3. The woodsball vs. speedball seems to be heavily weighted not only "towards" speedball...but alomost "against" woodsball...sort of "looked down on".

I go there...but it's not my favorite. I like this site, pbreview, and specialops...a decent amount of activity, some valuable threads, and the ability to search for posts.

Toll
08-08-2006, 04:46 PM
General rule of thumb :

The marker specific sections are alright

The bst is a goldmine

Anything else : Just read the sticky and ignore everything else.

When in doubt, Anyone post 2k4 is probably wrong.

If they have "I was banned" in their title, they are also wrong