PDA

View Full Version : So who's seen Clerks 2?

WickeDKlowN
07-27-2006, 02:26 AM
What did you guys think? I saw it opening day, definitley lives up to the original.

trevorjk
07-27-2006, 02:34 AM
lets just say, no alchohal in me, and i laughed from start to finish. honestly i thought the funniest part (being from a hick town, and no im not rascist) was the porchmonkey bit. id qoute it, but it might make me banned :p definetly one of the funniest movies i have EVER seen

Chronobreak
07-27-2006, 10:55 AM
"its ok im taking it back" :rofl:

lots of good moments, some bad though, the dance scene was just uncalled for.

lotsa obscure references

ive been doing the buffalo bill striptease since

Thordic
07-27-2006, 11:23 AM
A lot of people didn't like the dance scene, I thought it was pretty funny. It didn't really "fit" the movie, but it was still funny. Also, I heard Kevin Smith just really wanted to do a high-angle crane shot, and never had a chance, and thats why he did it.

MantisMag
07-27-2006, 01:21 PM
NOBODY expects the Choreographed Dance Sequence! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....

CKY_Alliance
07-27-2006, 01:57 PM
ahh chrono beat me to it, one of my friends wants to make shirts that say the racial slurr on the front..then "it's ok we're taken it back" on the back....i think i may get shot if i wear it, but i might go for it if he pays for it. Such a funny movie..might end up seeing it again tonight since theres nothing to do,all other movies i havnt seen suck, and i get in for free.

d4m4don3
07-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Kinky Kelly!

I miss my donkey!!

:eek: :eek: :confused:
:cuss:

BigEvil
07-29-2006, 08:43 PM
WOW great effin flick.

The only thing missing was Oloff. (sp?)

t33kyboy
07-30-2006, 02:24 AM
Does anyone know what song was playing when Dante is driving around right before the donkey sex scene? Its stuck in my head. Thanks.

punkncat
07-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Well after what I see here I may consider going to watch it now. I am a huge fan of all the "JSB" flicks. A few friends who are in the viewing group went to see it and were terribly disappointed. Said this one was a little to late, had lost its magic.

personman
07-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know what song was playing when Dante is driving around right before the donkey sex scene? Its stuck in my head. Thanks.
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

MagMan5446
07-30-2006, 02:41 PM
the AC was out in my theater so i watched half left and got my money back.

pretty sweet. i'd rather watch half the movie and get 18$ back than see the whole thing, wasn't too funny from what i saw.

Muzikman
07-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I am a huge Smith fan. I saw the first Clerks when it was first released on video and it quickly became of of my favorite movies. Since then I have enjoyed most of his other flicks (wasn't a fan of Jesey Girl). I had fears that Clerks II was going to suck. I mean seriously, how could it hold a candle to the first one.

Well, I was quite pleased. I laughed my arse off through most of the movie. It's got some great scenes and lines just like the first one. Bottom line....I loved it. Now there will never be a replacement for the original, but this is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite Smith movie (it's a toss up between this and Dogma).

If you have not seen it...do it now.

personman
07-30-2006, 06:59 PM
I dont like Dogma nearly as much as Clerks 2.
The Clerkses movies are probably two of my most favorite movies. Clerks 2 was awesome. I was laughing til I was crying. I think I need to watch it again, especially the pillowpants scene because I defently couldnt see anything haha
But the opening scene was kind of stupid.. I didnt think I was going to like the rest of the movie

warpig13
07-30-2006, 10:44 PM
I think I need to watch it again, especially the pillowpants scene because I defently couldnt see anything haha

ahh yes, listerfiend got my cryin as well

Kyle.Kimber
07-31-2006, 01:09 AM
2 things: Where was BERSERKER!!! and What was up with the dancing on the roof?

The LOTR logical closing point was HI-LARRIOUS

Coco Savage
07-31-2006, 11:21 AM
I agree, while not as good as the first one its up there as a great funny movie!

And i dunno who said it, but the movies this summer havnt been the great...this is by far my fav of the summer!

Everytime jay just said "OH" and started that whole buffalo bill deal it had me rolling

Chronobreak
07-31-2006, 12:23 PM
I agree, while not as good as the first one its up there as a great funny movie!

And i dunno who said it, but the movies this summer havnt been the great...this is by far my fav of the summer!

Everytime jay just said "OH" and started that whole buffalo bill deal it had me rolling

* spolier*

i wasnt expecting the full frontal jay though though :eek:

yet i couldnt turn my head

BobTheCow
07-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh man this was awesome. I'll admit I hadn't seen Clerks prior to a few weeks ago, but I finally rented it, fell in love, then promptly bought it. So after watching it a couple times I went out to see the second one last night, and definitely wasn't disappointed.

Coco Savage
08-01-2006, 02:31 PM
* spolier*

i wasnt expecting the full frontal jay though though :eek:

yet i couldnt turn my head

Hahahha :rofl: sad but so very true!! it was like :wow: did i just see what i thought i saw?!?