PDA

View Full Version : Why can't you use a ULT with an Emag?

RavishingEddie
07-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Ok I know you can't use one on an EMAG or XMAG. I just want to know why. The reason I am asking is because I am working on a project. Thank you

JRingold
07-28-2006, 04:53 PM
I believe it is because the solenoid requires the "return" pressure of the RT valve to reset. The ULE Trigger Kit doesn't push the solenoid back down with enough force.

m-a-r-k-7
07-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Isn't the ULT also a lot thinner than the E-mag so at those hisgh speeds its easier to break?

hitech
07-28-2006, 11:39 PM
The ULT provides much less return force and doesn't pull the plunger out of the solenoid fast enough. It will work, it just slowes your max ROF.

RavishingEddie
07-29-2006, 02:19 AM
The ULT provides much less return force and doesn't pull the plunger out of the solenoid fast enough. It will work, it just slowes your max ROF.

What if I use a smaller solenoid like this one? with a ULT. Actually I already have it, I am just trying to figure out how to attach the plunger to the sear ;)

Joni
07-29-2006, 02:25 AM
Yes, a small enough noid works (my hyperframe noid works like a charm with ULT)

RavishingEddie
07-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Yes, a small enough noid works (my hyperframe noid works like a charm with ULT) Cool. So the Hyperframe uses a pull or push type noid? I assume I would have to add some juice from a capacitor. Is 1000 Mah good or more?

hitech
07-29-2006, 01:48 PM
What if I use a smaller solenoid like this one? with a ULT. Actually I already have it, I am just trying to figure out how to attach the plunger to the sear ;)

Well, I certainly believe it will work with the preoper solenoid. I've even posted links to the solenoid I think will work. ;)

I'm VERY interested to know the out come of your test. Please remember to let me know the results. :headbang:

:cheers:

Joni
07-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Cool. So the Hyperframe uses a pull or push type noid? I assume I would have to add some juice from a capacitor. Is 1000 Mah good or more?

It's a push noid.

The capacitance of a capacitor is measured in Farad, not ampere hours. The cap in the hyperframe is 10000 micro Farad (10000 uF).

Good luck!