PDA

View Full Version : Auto issues, sticks, leaks

Punisher1
07-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey,

Just got a Mag off of E-bay. Ya I know someone elses issues.

First thing I did was gas it up (compressed air) and tested it (no paint). It seemed to shoot a 3 round burst and it would stick open allowing gas to leak out.

By simply tapping the trigger solved the leak issue.

Heres the gun set up.

Retro Valve
Level 10 bolt
Intelliframe
Dye 14"
"Wide" Micro line

Originally I believe the guy ran CO2 cause it had a expansion chamber as the from foregrip.

After the issue I oiled the gun up and replaced the buffer o-ring since it was almost chewed away.

Gassed it back up and it still does the same thing.

Coralis
07-29-2006, 10:36 PM
probably should just replace all the Orings and also inspect the regulator pin for damage also check the bolt and sear for damage.

Punisher1
07-30-2006, 11:15 AM
probably should just replace all the Orings and also inspect the regulator pin for damage also check the bolt and sear for damage.

Did a basic checkout and it looks very clean and nothing too obviously broken.

I'll have to do some tweaking I seen some refferences around here to this potential issue but allot is buried in a myrad of posts

Coralis
07-30-2006, 11:42 AM
reread the post after getting some sleep .... if the level 10 is sticking forward and then sticking back you probably need to replace the level 10 carrier with the next size larger sounds like classic bolt stick to me and toil it pretty good too.

athomas
08-01-2006, 09:23 AM
I'd recommend a complete oring kit installed, especially on mags purchased from someone you don't know. That way you know all the orings are fresh. Once that is done, you can properly test the gun and diagnose any problems.

The bolt sticking could be caused by a carrier oring that is too tight or a bad on-off oring. I would also check the condition of the sear, since this could cause the full auto problems. It doesn't take much wear on the tip of the sear to cause this issue.

VFX_Fenix
08-01-2006, 12:35 PM
reread the post after getting some sleep .... if the level 10 is sticking forward and then sticking back you probably need to replace the level 10 carrier with the next size larger sounds like classic bolt stick to me and toil it pretty good too.

Just don't oil the Level 10 or you'll continue to have bolt stick issues. The carrier O-Ring needs to be relatively dry to work propperly, swamping it with oil through direct application isn't good. Generally it sounds like a Level 10 tuning issue, run through the carriers and use the biggest one that doesn't leak, go to the cut spring if you have it and work from there to achieve chrono velocity desired and softness of the bolt.

Maverick27502
08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Fenix is right on the money with the bolt stick. I had the same problem with my lvl 10, just tweaked a couple of things, the carrier and spring and it works fine now.

the mag guy
08-01-2006, 09:39 PM
heres the deal, everybody seems to have the right idea.

1. go with a larger carrier. there are perfect ULT trhreads on how to exactly go about this.

2. Do NOT cut your spring yet. Go to a smaller/lighter spring and if you must use an older mag spring. Cut springs as a last resort only. If you must cut them, make sure you out the cut side facing the bols and not towards the inside of the gun.

3. you might want to remove a shim out of your ULT if you dont want that small bounce like effect you are getting.

4. read my commonly overlooked ULT problems I just posted lie 5 mins ago.

you should be fine.