PDA

View Full Version : Drop Off?

irbodden
12-24-2001, 10:52 AM
Not sure if its the correct term, but if I crank out a string of 6 balls or so, the last few start falling way short, to the point where some may even drop 15 feet in front of me. Is this considered "drop-off"?

I am running a classic standard feed mag, with a gravity feed hopper, could that be the problem? Other than that, I am running Nitro, and SS line that was installed by Tom Vale, so I doubt the valve is getting choked.

Any ideas? Ohh boy do I want a Warpfeed with Revo.. :p

ciaran.mooney
12-24-2001, 11:29 AM
Yup thats drop off, thats serious drop off.

Check all your hoses to see if they are clean, if your tank is a screw in check the bottom line. Try cleaning out your internals as well. If your tank is adjustable make sure the output is set to 800psi.

FDB1
12-24-2001, 11:30 AM
make sure your not short-stroking the trigger

irbodden
12-24-2001, 11:52 AM
Not shortstroking, when I shortstroke the ball rolls out of the barrel, and their is that sputter noise. I am wondering if its the fact I dont have a revy, and balls arent feeding fast enough. Lines are brand new, so I'll clean the internals.

PyRo
12-24-2001, 11:56 AM
Replace your reg seat.

Army
12-24-2001, 04:41 PM
Feed rate has nothing to do with ball velocity.

Pyro has it, check your reg seat. It is not sealing correctly. Make sure it is put in correctly:

De-gas and screw off the back half of the valve assembly to expose the reg seat and reg pin assembly. The reg seat is that little yellowish disc with the hole for the pin. Look real hard at it to see the bevel of the edge. The wider side of the bevel must go into the back half of the valve. Simply press it in the recess until you hear or feel a soft "pop". Carefully reassemble the valve halves, gas up, and check for shootdown.:cool:

[NA]WARLORD
12-24-2001, 05:08 PM
put a lil oil on it too, make sure you oil system prior to hooking up air. Put a 2-3 drops in the air source adapter or if you have a disconnect at your valve put it there. Remove barrel, gas up, fire marker 20-30 times to lube internals on your mag. Do this each time before you play and this will reduce the amount of parts kits you will need in the future......... Good Luck !!!!!!!!