PDA

View Full Version : Has anything changed?

barrel break
07-30-2006, 02:35 AM
...In the year since I last played?
It started with an innocent boat trip to Baja, and then became a year (almost) now that I haven't played or kept up with the paintball world.

So, have the pro leagues collapsed? Has the industry committed Hara-Kiri? Has the number of new players gone into decline?
Anything different?

Now, I must go try to pawn off my Ion for a phantom, for I dearly want to play stock-class, and I see that the resale value of Ions is "nada."

(If you are a charitable soul with a phantom, see this (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200939&highlight=phantom) thread)

Also - Hello again AO! I missed you. :cheers:

kenndogg
07-30-2006, 05:56 AM
ions are now $179 new...so you definetly won't get much for it.

barrel break
07-30-2006, 09:11 PM
ions are now $179 new...so you definetly won't get much for it.
Oh, this is going to be fun. Wait, did I say fun? I meant hell.

Chronobreak
07-30-2006, 09:15 PM
nothing much ahs changed

no recent lawsuits or patent fights( for the most part)

resale is still going down the drain,mainly for electros but its kinda dragging on mechs now as well when people are deciding why buy a mech when i can buy so and so for this price.

dahoeb
07-30-2006, 09:40 PM
nothing much ahs changed

no recent lawsuits or patent fights( for the most part)

resale is still going down the drain,mainly for electros but its kinda dragging on mechs now as well when people are deciding why buy a mech when i can buy so and so for this price.

that pretty much sums up the

Lenny
07-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Honestly, I think the next "patent war" will be over the clamping feedneck. Though I have zero physical proof, I am allowed my spectulations. I mean, it's a little thing that could dominate the feed neck industry, making someone a butt-load of money, while everyone else is SOL.

Remember the whole dipswitch thing? I think this is kind of like that, except longer lasting.

Ponder for a moment. Wouldn't you rather have that one clamping feedneck than EVERYONE else's stock feedneck?

Sk8ermog
10-04-2006, 04:38 AM
barrel break: Dude welcome back. Haven't seen you for awhile and I was wondering what happened. If you want to buy a gun then check out my old team's paintball shop: http://www.rushpaintballonline.com/shop/

They are in Portland, but Larry is a great guy and he'll hook you up with some great gear. He's the main shop since Adreniline Sports went out of buisness. Portland Paintball is still up and running. There is a new place up in Vancouver tha is a nice indoor place. I moved down to LA now and working at Hollywood Sports. If you ever want to come play down in SoCal then just pm me. ;) Sorry your ION wasn't worth much, but glad you were able to sell it. I sold the few Ions I picked up as fast as I could cause I knew the price was going to nothing once they came out. Crazy paintball industry.

Anyways bro take it easy and don't be such a stranger on the forum.

don miguel
10-04-2006, 01:41 PM
They came out with a pink dm5 and I want it!
http://www.bizcarts.com/merchant2/graphics/00000019/dm5_pink_TH.jpg
you didn't miss much. All the new stuff is coming out soon. Most things are the same. The pink dm5 was a big deal for me, unfortunately I didn't get one. :cry:

punkncat
10-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Many have gone back to pump play, you wont be alone. :wow:

I WISH that players here were "returning to the roots" so to speak. If anything I see the exact opposite going on here. Even the new players use some ramping electronic monster......

Lenny
10-04-2006, 10:13 PM
My armory contains a Shocker, an Automag RT, and a Brute pump. Guess which gun has been getting the most use recently. Go on, take a wild guess!

...the BRUTE!

Since the world has seen nothing new technology wise, they have been running back to more "old school" style play to get their fix of "new." Make sense? I love semi play, but I've just been on this pump-hitch.