PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe, Flatline(tank), and Warpfeed in below freezing temperatures?

Dubstar112
12-24-2001, 12:45 PM
Has anyone else used these in below freezing temps?

The other day I was playing and it was around 15*f and my hyperframe would only sputter, and my warpfeed wouldnt work at all.

Then to make the day even better, the fill nipple wouldnt seal on my flatline causing me to lose air. Is this normal?

After the days worth of play was over, I gassed everything up and it shot fine indoors... :confused:

Is it normal for this to happen?- either way, I ended up using a pump against a bunch of semi's which was way more challenging and fun than using my mag :)

[NA]WARLORD
12-24-2001, 05:13 PM
Did ya check Batteries prior to playing? leaving Batteries in electronics will reduce their life, also cold weather will play havoc on rubber parts in cold weather, like the o-rings in the fill hose. These should be oiled on a regular basis, and i recommend keeping tank in truck/van to limit its exposure to frigid temps, rain, ice etc... This could mean less problems for the fill system in the future............

PyRo
12-24-2001, 05:19 PM
Batteries don't like to work well in the cold, although they shouldn't be as bad as you described, unless you left them out. They will definatley wear out faster though, when used in cooler temperatures.
As for not sealing on your flatline, thats probably because the o-ring in the hose used to fill it was too cold. Look at your fill nipple, and make sure their are no scratches or anything on it, and that the surface is level.

Cha0tic
12-24-2001, 08:39 PM
oil your mag good before you play. this will help protect the seals.

Arman/XPM
12-24-2001, 08:51 PM
Hello all,
I experienced the same problem Yesterday(12.23.01) When I went to play some rec ball. My Nitro tank kept leaking out the nipple(or whatever that is called). My Messiah reg kept leaking, probably due to the cold air.

Dubstar112
12-25-2001, 01:08 PM
I kinda found it ironic that my 250$ flatline was replaced by c02..

is there any way to avoid cold weather leaks?

DYE-BaLLeR
12-25-2001, 09:51 PM
nope i dont live in alaska :)

AGD
12-27-2001, 07:01 PM
Grease all your orings, cold is a ***** no matter what you do.

AGD

Tunaman
12-27-2001, 07:41 PM
Try the Dow 33 grease. Not too much...just a light coating here and there.... Works great in extreme temperatures.