PDA

View Full Version : diving

turlus
07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
when taking a dive on the field, whats a good way to hold the gun so the tank doesnt bang the ground and get all scratched up?

Toll
07-31-2006, 05:09 PM
With a tank cover.

FallNAngel
07-31-2006, 05:36 PM
I take it you mean superman diving. If so, try it with your palm up and tilting the gun so the barrel points up a bit. Elbow pads and tank covers are a big plus here. Basically, land on your elbow/forearm and keep your hands (at least the one holding the gun) palm up.

dahoeb
07-31-2006, 07:26 PM
i guess you could get elbow and knee pads n stuff....or you can be like me and just land on your head. thats hardcore for ya. :shooting:

zaqwert6
07-31-2006, 08:33 PM
In a nut shell , you take it on your belly and elbows holding the gun parallel to the ground as much as possible.

paint magnet
07-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Use a remote?

Seriously though, hold the gun up or hold it to the side so the tank's not as close to the ground...just make sure you don't stick your barrel in the dirt either, that's not fun. If you're really worried about it, Kalibur makes tank covers that are pretty much indestructable (PVC instead of cloth).

TheNickage
07-31-2006, 11:05 PM
grease your entire body up and it wont matter

dahoeb
07-31-2006, 11:26 PM
grease your entire body up and it wont matter
impressive idea! theres nothing a little petroleum jelly can't fix! :clap:

Maggot6
08-01-2006, 06:58 AM
I know they are really stupid looking and feeling, but for me they served a good purpose. Wrist pads. At my field, and probably many others the floor is paint, astroturf and rocks in the worst places from peoples shoes/whatever. I had two experiences where I supermandived, and just cranked my wrist up so the gun wouldn't hit, (aka, tank was on the right side, and barrel on the left side) and what a surprise one measily rock tears the skin on your wrist. That is why I got some weird wrist pads. Basically like a piece of really stiff leather that just wraps around your hand. Works wonders, and for that one occasion where you get shot in the wrist, you are almost thankful....