PDA

View Full Version : barrel leak on an AIR valve....

Cpt Black
08-01-2006, 08:09 AM
hey everyone..

I'm trying to help out a biddy of mien who just boughta very used automag from ebay.
When we got it we took it apart to check it out and sure enought some of the seals were toast. We replaced some of the seals and aird it up. It's leaaking out the barrel really bad. So I started swapping out parts from my classic, we replaced the on/off with mine, no difference. then we replaced the regulator with mine, still no difference. I am pretty sure that this gun is actually a lvl 5 bolt as there is a spring in the power tube instead of the normal spacer, we tried swapping out his bolt and spring with my old lvl 7 bolt and spacer, no difference.

I think we need to get this valve back to VERY Very basics, there maybe a seal not in the gun that I have missed, so when you give advice, please start with the most basic of things.

in these valves, is the supposed to be a seal in the power tube???

well thanks in advance for your help
Cpt Black

athomas
08-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Yes, there should be a powertube oring behind the spring or spacer.

The original level 7 valves had springs in the powertube. An airleak down the powertube (out the front of the gun) is a problem in the powertube area, not in the back of the valve. Definately check the condition of the powertube oring.

Maverick27502
08-01-2006, 09:05 PM
I recommend getting a parts kit and just rebuilding the whole thing. At least the o-rings. You never know when the last time someone replaced an o-ring. I'd start with the updated lvl 7 bolt setup: lvl 7 bolt, powertube tip and spacer. Like athomas said there should be an o-ring in the power tube behind the spacer or spring depending on what version you have. But remember if you are using the lvl 7 power tube spacers, the spacer that works on your other Mag, may not work on this one. you have to find the right spacer, much like a lvl 10

Cpt Black
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM
hey guys

we replced his spring with a spacer and it was indeed missing the power tube oring so we put one of those in and much to my buddies delight the gun is working wonderfully.

thanks for all your advice and help
Cpt Black