PDA

View Full Version : Looky what i found

FiXeL
08-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I got this from a local paintball shop that had this laying around.

http://members1.chello.nl/u.haarsma/Paintballguns/DSCN2485.JPG

http://members1.chello.nl/u.haarsma/Paintballguns/DSCN2486.JPG

Its a micromag, used, with micromag valve and the body and barrel is one part.. I'm not too knowligable about micromags, but i think i just found something rare. I payed about 100 bucks for it (80 euro's) and i bought it so i'd have a loaner for my sister. It came with braided hose on it, but it was too short and in the way, so i replaced it for some macro. The bolt spring was rusty, and after a cleanup and lube job i gassed it up and wow... no leaks whatsoever! Only thing bad about it is when i short stroke the trigger it chuffs, other than that the gun works fine. (no paint shot yet)

But still i have alot of questions...

- How old is this?
- Is this a rare find?
- Was 100 bucks a nice price to pay?
- Will this gun work on COČ?
- Howmuch accuracy can i expect from such a short barrel?
- Is chuffing while short stroking the trigger normal, or should i replace some parts?

Thanks for looking and possibly answering some of my questions! :hail:

BerSerK
08-01-2006, 09:10 AM
looks awesome, great find!

It will work on CO2.

You might get good info from here : http://www.proteamproducts.com/manuals.html

Walrus
08-01-2006, 09:11 AM
-How old is this?
The unibody is one of the first Micromag bodies to hit the market. Most were sold as a replacement body for regular mags, but this type was built to be sold as a whole (hence the Micromag valve and PTP custom anno).

- Is this a rare find?
Kinda rare, but mostly a collectors item. Unibody Micros are a mixed bag becase some love them and others don't since you can't put a vertical air adapter or a new barrel on them. I would at least say it is a nice find.

Definately a great price. Regular Micromags sell for $150 - $200 and this being a Unibody I would have expected to pay more than $100 for it.

Yes it will run on CO2 and HPA.

They are suprisingly accurate for the small barrel. Great speedball gun because of the compact size.

- Is chuffing while short stroking the trigger normal, or should i replace some parts?
Chuffing/Short stroking is normal. You may need to adjust the trigger rod slightly. Or it could be that you are just pulling the trigger too fast and you need to slow it down :D Make sure you get a good pull and release (like the older Autocockers) and you shouldn't have any issues with the chuffing. Also make sure you have enough air in your tank. When you start running low you may experience some chuffing consistantly when pulling the trigger.

Overall, great find and especially a good price. If you are more of a pistol style paintball gun fan, then you will love this.

grEnAlEins
08-01-2006, 09:12 AM
But still i have alot of questions...

- How old is this?
- Is this a rare find?

Thanks for looking and possibly answering some of my questions! :hail:
Nice find, I wish I found one.

Not sure exactly how old it is, but it's not new.
I think it is a rare find. I have not seen many.
IMO $100 is a great deal.
I believe the MicroValves are Classice Valves and will work on CO2.
It should be accurate enought, you only really need like 6-8 in. After that it is compensation for a smaller... :D yeah, large barrels are for show.
My Classic does chuff when shortstroked so I assume it is normal.

Nice find! :cool:

FiXeL
08-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the info you guys! :headbang:

paint magnet
08-01-2006, 10:22 AM
I had one a while back...it was fun to fool around with. Just don't use it with brittle paint and you'll be ok. The short barrel means you have to crank up the reg pressure to get the gun to fire at normal velocities, and it can be hard on paint.

Definately a great find, and you got it for an excellent price too. I'd put it in the neighborhood of $200, though it doesn't mean it would bring that much if you sold it (market's kinda flooded).