PDA

View Full Version : First mag, what should I do?

Malystryx
08-01-2006, 01:01 PM
So I'm getting my first mag here in a couple days, is there anything that I should do before I gas it up? It's a 68 Classic PF left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

peewee
08-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Put about 6 drops of lube in the asa, take off barrel fire 20 or so times. should be good to go.

NewbieMagMan10988
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Yep, the oil in the ASA...

Make sure you get used to the trigger, some people short stroke them, just make sure it doesnt go "chuff" when you shoot, unless its lvl10 :p .

Welcome to mags! (and AO)

Mike

eadtf
08-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Purchase several rebuild kits!!!

In my experience AGD markers can be a pain in the arse to get working but once they do they are extremely reliable and will not let you down. But I always keep a few rebuild kits on hand just in case.

Enjoy...

spwz99
08-01-2006, 01:35 PM
heck yes they are reliable. i bought my mag new four and a half years ago. and just now had to replace my first interal o-ring. that is reliability.

peewee
08-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Purchase several rebuild kits!!!

In my experience AGD markers can be a pain in the arse to get working but once they do they are extremely reliable and will not let you down. But I always keep a few rebuild kits on hand just in case.

Enjoy...

:confused: :confused: :confused: I have the same rebuild kit that I bought 4 years ago sitting in my box unopened.

eNder159
08-02-2006, 06:47 AM
my mag is number 3703 so its pretty old and has seen alot of action but ive had it for about umm 2 .5 years now? and about maybe 10 cases through it ..the only thing i have to replace is the bumper that stops the bolt from crashing into the valve only because i put too much oil into the gun and the bumper sticks to the bolt and it shredds the bumper...but other than that i hardly maintain it just a couple drops in the asa and im good to go! :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: