PDA

View Full Version : What to do wiht my nel spot 007

nickee finn
08-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Here it is, i got for around 20 bucks a year ago, it has a barrel extension, and asa. Also i have a barrel for it somewhere, i was thinking of spray painting it. Any suggestions?
before
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/nickeefinn123/P1010238.jpg

After
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/nickeefinn123/P1010222.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/nickeefinn123/P1010223.jpg

mobsterboy
08-01-2006, 03:55 PM
its a little rough looking. i thought 007's were pump? Try sending it to someone and getting it smoothed out a little and powdercoated

DaveSM
08-01-2006, 06:22 PM
First get it restored if it is still possible... Look like it had been beaten to death....

nickee finn
08-01-2006, 06:27 PM
new pics

buzzboy
08-01-2006, 07:36 PM
[to above]Nel Spots were bolt action with a pump upgrade.

Personally I think you should send it in to be palmerized. :p
It would be pretty sick. Probably one of a kind.

nickee finn
08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Palmerised, Like palmers pursuit shop or w/e, do you have a link.

behemoth
08-01-2006, 07:46 PM
G-H-E-T-T-Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

psychowarden
08-01-2006, 07:47 PM
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/

Yeah...it looks pretty roughed up. Its gonna take a good amount of work to get it in good condition.

NewbieMagMan10988
08-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I might buy it..... *insert shifty smilie*

But palmer is a great way to go. Ive had three palmer guns (typhoon, PGP, P-68AT) and loved them all. It will be pricy and take a while, but the work is second to none.

Mike

nickee finn
08-01-2006, 10:38 PM
I might have to give them a call

Jaan
08-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Why not just start with a better, more complete one? you can still get good examples for $50 or so. I doubt Palmers would touch it for that price. Make one good one out of two.

refurbishing a Nelspot isn't hard, it just takes a little time to get all the old paint off and sand down the rust.

Shives
08-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Not sure Palmer does much w/ Nelspots. He seems to be a Sheridan man. You can try, I think it would be real "custom" work for him.

Shives

NewbieMagMan10988
08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
He does do a lot with sheridans, but i would trust him with the nelsplot (nelson valve?).

Or you could sell it to me....

Mike

nickee finn
08-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Im not sure what i wanna do with it. I might try just to sand it down alot or soak it in paintthinner. Then give it a nice color.

Jaan
08-02-2006, 11:45 PM
I restored mine myself and it came out fine. The paint comes off easy with any good paint stripper. I used "Aircraft Remover" myself. Even though it's for aluminum it worked fine on the steel and pot metal grip frame. After that I just sanded and painted. The inside of the barrel I did with a shotgun hone and a cordless drill though. They're not expensive and nice to have around. Shotgun hone with cutting oil, and then a polish with a .30 cal cleaning kit; using Scotch Brite as a patch with metal polish.

Why don't you paint it purple or something? It's obviously going to take a bit of work to get it original ... so don't and have fun with it. Nelspots arn't that rare.

nickee finn
08-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Any ideas on how to get the rust out of the chamber and barrel extension.

wanna-b-ballin'
08-09-2006, 01:28 AM
nick. your gun is practically dead. i dont think anything you have done to it so far has helped it.

Jaan
08-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Any ideas on how to get the rust out of the chamber and barrel extension.Take it off with a hone and cutting oil. You can buy a hone for a shotgun, .70 cal. Stick it in a cordless drill and go to town. Rust in the barrel is quite common in a Nelspot. You can polish it after with a .30 cleaning kit but instead of using cloth patches use Scotch Brite with metal polish.

punkncat
08-09-2006, 09:13 PM
I am curious to know if it actually works as it is?

Al_Steel
08-11-2006, 09:50 AM
ummm.. wow... :eek:

It takes real talent to butcher a 007 like that. I especially like the ghetto rigged feed tube. So did you or the previous owner hack the original feed tube off the top of the gun? The bolt holding that apparatus on and the wine cork stopper is a nice touch too.

It will take some serious work to get that to some kind of decent appearance. Palmers does work on 007's. I called them to get a price quote for some work on mine a few months ago. It would be big $$$ to repair this hack job though so if you really want to fix it up be prepared to open your wallet.

So does it actually work or does it just look pretty? :D

If it doesn't fire then you will have to rebuild the internals. You won't get too much help from Nelson since they don't make markers anymore. There is a large aftermarket following and parts from other markers that will fit the 007. Go to http://www.stockclasspaintball.com/articles/gunfaqs/007faq.shtml for a list of manufacturers whose parts will cross over.

As far as the exterior, that will require some real love. Im willing to bet that a stock class feed tube from a CCI Phantom could be modified to fit so the rig won't looks so hacked. Actually, if you could get it to fit flush and clean, it just may be a nice looking marker. It could be a cool customized classic with some care and craftsmanship.

Be warned, you will be spending a lot of time and effort on a marker that will essentially be worth nothing to anyone but yourself. 007's in good condition go for around $50-70 on eBay. "Custom modified" like yours will be worth considerably less in it's current state. You will spend far more than it's worth on new internals and getting the body fixed up and no matter what you do you will never get the $$$ out that you put into it.

Good luck, and be sure to post some before and after pics!