PDA

View Full Version : aerage shiiping time from doc

bentothejam1n
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
awhile ago (1 month 10 days :D ) i bought some stuff from doc's sale to get money for his computer. I was just wondering if anyone has got their stuff yet??I know he had 200ish orders to ship but i work for my dad's data processing company and we usually mail/ship 15k letters/packages a week. I know doc has a lot to do but one would think almost 6 weeks would be enough time to ship 200ish packages. I would send him an email but it would probably waste his time.

FallNAngel
08-02-2006, 12:35 AM
I'd definately send him an e-mail. I remember when I ordered from him, after a week or two I e-mailed him to find out the status. Turns out, the status was "oops". Came pretty quick after that though.

pennywise
08-02-2006, 01:35 AM
From what I've read, be prepared to wait.

eNder159
08-02-2006, 06:54 AM
awhile ago (1 month 10 days :D ) i bought some stuff from doc's sale to get money for his computer. I was just wondering if anyone has got their stuff yet??I know he had 200ish orders to ship but i work for my dad's data processing company and we usually mail/ship 15k letters/packages a week. I know doc has a lot to do but one would think almost 6 weeks would be enough time to ship 200ish packages. I would send him an email but it would probably waste his time.

doc has ATMOST 5 people working for him including him

your dad's company is just that a company that has the infrastructure to deliver that many items...comparison is negligible

Shives
08-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Hope you fair better than I did.

Shives

thomas
08-02-2006, 07:12 AM
I've ordered from Doc twice. The first time was posters, which were in my hands 3 days after I ordered iirc. Second time, after several emails exchanged back and forth, I sent in an Angel for a Dynabolt install which is typically a guaranteed 3 day turnaround ( In all fairness I was told the install may take a week to do, fine with me.)
I also asked for some items that I did not know if they were in stock or not.
I got a few updates at first including one that said the items I requested were not in stock but would be soon and those items and my Angel would be shipped on Friday. That was around the beginning of June I believe.
Not a word since then.
He's had numerous computer issues, your best bet may be to send a registered letter to the PO box on his site.
I think you'll get your stuff eventually but your guess is as good as anyone elses as to when.

On edit it was the middle of May (http://www.network54.com/Forum/9013/message/1147978748/). :wow: My how time flies.

thomas
08-02-2006, 07:13 AM

I think your estimate is about 4 people to high. :D

y0da900
08-02-2006, 07:32 AM

From the guild.......

We finally got the head wraps in late last week, and the shop printed them over the weekend. I just got 'em in my hot little hands an hour ago.

So now I'll be spending the next two or three (or four) solid days wrapping, boxing and shipping all one hundred and sixty-three orders. Thanks for your patience!

Doc.

That was a week ago, so he probably didnt start shipping stuff out until sometime in the last day or so, if he has at all yet.

BigEvil
08-02-2006, 07:52 AM
I would send him an email but it would probably waste his time.

More like wasting "your" time.

FiXeL
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Doc sure takes his sweet time, but if you read his comic you should get a understanding of how things work at doc's.

And keep in mind the shirts and stuff only got printed after all orders were accounted and were payed for. Only then is it possible to order the shirts to be printed, get them back, pack them, ship them. And all of this has to be done next to his other work, so yeah.. it could take some time.

I only ordered 2 shirts and it's not like i need those fast... I still have clean ones :D

robertsr1811
08-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Took 39 days to receive an instock item for me that was "usually shipped within 48 hours"

Lord knows how long it would take for something that actually needed to be made first. From what I've seen you will eventually get your stuff, but not in anything approaching an appropriate timeline.

wimag
08-02-2006, 12:05 PM
took over a month and a couple emails to get an item shipped to me that was stock at the time. i ended up in the ooops file as opposed to the shipped file. This happened just a few months back

psychowarden
08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
You guys must take into consideration the large amount of computer problems that he has had recently, so that is a very understandable reason for a few delays.

rkjunior303
08-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Love DOC to death but is notorious for 3-6months turnaround :)

paint magnet
08-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Sometimes I wonder how he stays in business :)

thomas
08-02-2006, 01:37 PM
You guys must take into consideration the large amount of computer problems that he has had recently, so that is a very understandable reason for a few delays.
I understand Doc has a significant backlog. My order was sent in US mail and paid for in advance with a USPS money order, no computer needed.
I'll get my stuff eventually, mama says "patience is a virtue." :rolleyes:

Lohman446
08-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I usually am annoyed if I don't have my stuff in a week or so. That being said when I order from Doc its with the understanding I'll get it eventually. I guess I have the understanding he is not like most everyone else I deal with and I just deal with it.

coyote
08-03-2006, 12:59 AM
I ordered 1 in stock part from him last year. he never acknowledged the order and never shipped it. After about 6 weeks I filed a paypal dispute and got a refund.

Too many people make excuses for the guy.

bentothejam1n
08-03-2006, 11:19 AM

your dad's company is just that a company that has the infrastructure to deliver that many items...comparison is negligible
Actually my dad's company is a three person business. it just works in conjucntion with two or three other companies. Besides doc has other things to do than just mail things

bentothejam1n
08-03-2006, 04:30 PM
i got it today

minimag03
08-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I wonder how he stays in business :)

Cause he just finished the work and is billing people that sent their stuff in about 4 years ago. I bet people stopped sending stuff to him about 2 years ago :p

eNder159
08-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Actually my dad's company is a three person business. it just works in conjucntion with two or three other companies. Besides doc has other things to do than just mail things

so according to you 15,000 letters get divided up between 3 people...so each person is responsible for 5 thousand letters each?? ...unless they use these other companies to outsource it still has more infrastructure than doc has so comparison is STILL negligible and besides somebody corrected me i guess doc is a 1 man company

FiXeL
08-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Guys, the goods are on their way! I got my package today, stamped august the 2nd. And i live in The netherlands so it's bound to get to you soon!
Also a nice bonus was the "i club cheaters" stickers and a mini booklet called TWB: The chronograph. :D