PDA

View Full Version : mags from 1991

ahellers
08-02-2006, 03:35 PM
hey guys
a while back i got a mag from a guy, and it came with a co2 tank that was marked with 1991, so my question is is 91 before or after the lvl7 came out. and could there be anything special about it.
t

warbeak2099
08-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Yea I'm pretty sure '91 was before lvl 7. Wasn't it like 6 or 6.5?

Pneumagger
08-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I thought they just made Level 5 and then came out with 7. I dont think that 6 or 6.5 was really available to the public.

Get that tank hydrotested

ahellers
08-02-2006, 03:46 PM
well the power tube is circular not like the lvl 10 tube and has a notch cut all the way across it (looks like you could use a flat head to take off the pwr tube not a wrench like the lvl 10) and the SN is 04389. and the volocity ajuster is just a small nub (smaller then a dime) with an allen hole. umm and the littl ribber buffer behind the bolt is blue not clear.
edit. i dont use the tank, its been a while since ive even used co2
t

buzzboy
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
well the power tube is circular not like the lvl 10 tube and has a notch cut all the way across it (looks like you could use a flat head to take off the pwr tube not a wrench like the lvl 10) and the SN is 04389. and the volocity ajuster is just a small nub (smaller then a dime) with an allen hole. umm and the littl ribber buffer behind the bolt is blue not clear.
t
That describes Level 7 perfectly. To tell if it is earlier take the PT tip off and see if it has spacers in it or not. Also I am pretty sure that Level 10 mags have blue bumpters.

onedude36
08-02-2006, 06:34 PM
That describes Level 7 perfectly. To tell if it is earlier take the PT tip off and see if it has spacers in it or not. Also I am pretty sure that Level 10 mags have blue bumpters.

Didnt lvl 5s have something different, a spring mebe? And iirc the bumper color has nothing to do with the bolt, blue is for classic and such, clear is for rt/X valve reguardless of bolt. maybe im confused.

minimag03
08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
t

Actually you just descibed an AIR valve perfectly.

One difference is in the reg. See if the hole in the reg lines up with the hole to the dump chamber.

Lee
08-02-2006, 08:13 PM
level 5's also had large yellowish bumpers. much thicker than the blue L7's.

ahellers
08-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Didnt lvl 5s have something different, a spring mebe? And iirc the bumper color has nothing to do with the bolt, blue is for classic and such, clear is for rt/X valve reguardless of bolt. maybe im confused.

well it behind the power tube is nothing like the lvl 10, it just has one brass colored spring (may have had more but sence i cant find any diagrams i dont know how it goes together) does the lvl 7 have a spring in it?
t

ClassicMagger
08-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey:

This should explain everything for you here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161698

That is all Tom. The spring is nothing special ALLOT of mags had them/have them. they were just before the spacers and during, make it easier then figuring out exactly which size spacer you needed for you level 7. Honestly, I'd guess that yours is a level 7 perhaps a shade higher-but DEFINATELY not a level 5-you'd know it if it was.

-ClassicMagger

Yes, I do have a level 5 mag.

buzzboy
08-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Um, that list reads that L7 has a soldered on PT tip? Is something off or has there been another version of L7 since then.

ClassicMagger
08-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey:

That list is referring to the tube-not the tip. Original mags the whole powertube moved....

-ClassicMagger

ahellers
08-03-2006, 10:15 AM
thanks i was looking for that link but i couldnt find it for some reason, also when did AGD stop making the non power feed stainless steel bodies, because thats what this has.
looking on that chart (if the mag is a 91, then it may have originaly had lvl 5 but had it upgraded... based on the dates)
also where is there a diagrame for lvl7 w/ the spring?
thanks
t