PDA

View Full Version : So, I got my barrel stuck,

OXX
08-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Just got a Mag, and it's been a long time since I've owned one. It's the standard body, PF hopper left. I put the barrel in correctly the first time. But when I was taking it out I spun it some strange way, and now it is stuck. The feed hole is now on the opposite side of correct, so, stuck in the detent groove maybe?? It will slide in and out but won't spin at all. Help??

OXX

Madmarx
08-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Take it apart.
Oil up the pin and make sure it is working properly.
Maybe back off the allen screw tension, it may be cranked all the way in.

geekwarrior
08-02-2006, 07:18 PM
I think your only recourse is to force it back to the right way, preferably in the same groove you used to get it stuck

OXX
08-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Like I said, been a long time since I owned a Mag. Which pin and which allen screw might you be referring to??

Forcing it has proved fruitless. I cannot find any spot where it even acts like it might let go, so, dunno where it got stuck. Thanks.

OXX

Madmarx
08-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Like I said, been a long time since I owned a Mag. Which pin and which allen screw might you be referring to??

Forcing it has proved fruitless. I cannot find any spot where it even acts like it might let go, so, dunno where it got stuck. Thanks.

OXX

Pm'd you

personman
08-02-2006, 07:39 PM
All you have to do is take the body off the rail. The barrel will come out of the body easily.
Unscrew both the back field strip screw and the front grip frame screw.

Maverick27502
08-02-2006, 10:35 PM
personman's got it right. The barrel detent is part of the rail, so just take the rail off the body and the barrel should slide out. Don't just force the barrel out, you could damage the barrel detent, the barrel, and the body.

OXX
08-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks, I got it taken care of. Did need to adjust the barrel pin looser. Works fine now. Thanks.

OXX