PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

FooTemps
08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Alright, so I have a problem with my front driver-side brake after hitting a speed bump way too fast. I figured I might have damaged something but after a good look over, I didn't see any damage to my springs/struts. But a couple days later I noticed my front driver side brake started squealing. I figured it was time for a brake pad replacement, but today the car now squeals whenever I turn. I'm guessing I damaged my brakes, opinions? I don't think I warped my brakes either since I'm sure I torqued my lugs down to spec, and the last time I warped my brakes, they didn't have a constant squeal either.

Pneumagger
08-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I suggest take into a shop. but don't let them swindle you.

rifleman wi
08-03-2006, 11:20 PM
ball joint maby? since you said it makes noise when you turn..

FooTemps
08-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I'm taking it into the shop tomorrow. We'll see whats up with it.

BeaverEater
08-04-2006, 12:36 AM
ya its not our breaks sqeaking, cause they will only do that when the pedal is applied. I could really be a bunch of different things and honetly its hard to tell without looking at it. Take it to the shop if you dont know too much about cars.

billybob_81067
08-04-2006, 03:25 AM
If it's squealing all the time like you say it could be a wheel bearing biting the dust...

Lohman446
08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Random guesses:

You loosened a pad off the pins that hold it in place and it is being allowed to hit with the top or bottom of the backing plate first against the rotor, and when you are turning it is falling inward. Its not as uncommon as it should be.

Really though, what kind of car is it?

FooTemps
08-05-2006, 12:58 PM
2000 nissan maxima... Lohman, you pretty much hit it on the head, had to get the pad replace and the rotor needed to be reground since it warped.