PDA

View Full Version : in line regulators for an RT?

cris
08-04-2006, 06:26 AM
Does anyone make an in line regulator that can screw onto a standard ASA bottle on one end and have standard asa bottle threads to connect to a remote line on the other? I was forced to buy a Pure Energy HPA tank right before an event because of a problem with my primary tank but this Pure Energy tank is preset at about 850psi and is not adjustable. Allthough my trigger is super reactive with this high a pressure, the velocities are erratic and I now have some shootdown as well. With my old adjustable tank, I used to set an input pressure around 750psi and the RT fired perfectly. I am looking for a quick way to slap an adjustable inline regulator between my remote line and tank so I can turn down the pressure from 850 to 750 psi. Does anyone make such a thing? All the inline regulators I have seen so far have an ASA on one side and a macro or micro line input on the other. I am looking for male ASA on one end and female ASA on the other if possible for ease of installation and use.

thanks,

Cris

egb groupie
08-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Palmer's Pursuit Shop Stablizer

here (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/)

SR_matt
08-04-2006, 10:28 AM
from my experances the PE tanks cant recharge worth a crap. so even with a new inline reg you wont fix that
-matt

d4m4don3
08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Does anyone make an in line regulator that can screw onto a standard ASA bottle on one end and have standard asa bottle threads to connect to a remote line on the other? I was forced to buy a Pure Energy HPA tank right before an event because of a problem with my primary tank but this Pure Energy tank is preset at about 850psi and is not adjustable. Allthough my trigger is super reactive with this high a pressure, the velocities are erratic and I now have some shootdown as well. With my old adjustable tank, I used to set an input pressure around 750psi and the RT fired perfectly. I am looking for a quick way to slap an adjustable inline regulator between my remote line and tank so I can turn down the pressure from 850 to 750 psi. Does anyone make such a thing? All the inline regulators I have seen so far have an ASA on one side and a macro or micro line input on the other. I am looking for male ASA on one end and female ASA on the other if possible for ease of installation and use.

thanks,

Cris

Hehe I have 68/3K PE myself and I've relegated to putting it on my ss25. Sucks on my mag since it does have shootdown, flow rate isn't too high on it and the recharge rate fluctuates. I've got a 68/45 dynaflow and a 91/45 420 shimmed to 950 psi. :headbang:

Don't bother with putting an inline reg in to control the gun. You'll probably choke the mag even more if you do this. Get the reg on the tank replaced instead, call centerflag or crossfire and have them replaced it you could probably talk them into customizing the output pressure on the tank for you.

cris
08-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Is this the right website for crossfire?

http://www.crossfireinc.com/

d4m4don3
08-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Yea looks like the proper site, give em a call, Sometimes its better to talk to the staff so they can listen to the issue you're having. :cheers:

SR_matt
08-05-2006, 09:38 AM
geurellia (soilder not monkey type, i cant spell it right ever) air is a nice reg, lighter, faster recharge, and as consistant as crossfires.

they are around the same price and can be taken off your tank easier and you can swap out springs to make it LP/HP
-matt

pb_stud
08-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Right now I'm in the process of getting an xvalve and I have the guerilla air HP ambush reg. Do you think that'd be up to snuff or should I get something else? Also, would a palmers reg help too or do they tend to choke it like some of you have said?

egb groupie
08-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Right now I'm in the process of getting an xvalve and I have the guerilla air HP ambush reg. Do you think that'd be up to snuff or should I get something else? Also, would a palmers reg help too or do they tend to choke it like some of you have said?
A palmers reg would starve an x valve, a reg would only be useful with a classic valve running CO2...

pb_stud
08-06-2006, 09:20 PM
still curious if the reg. i have on my tank works good with an xvalve though (guerilla air ambush HP on 92/45 tank)

athomas
08-10-2006, 11:50 AM

thanks,

Cris

You definately don't want to add a 3rd regulator into your system. The bottle reg and the RT reg are more than adequate for stability. It is possible that the bottle screws into the ASA too far and is starving the valve.

I have used a PE reg for years and have had no problems with fluctuations at high rates of fire. Newer PE regs can be adjusted using shims. You should be able to set your output pressure with a bit of tweeking.