PDA

View Full Version : So i'm looking to pic up an electro, what should i get?

kingpen509
08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Tell me what you think I should get:

1. 04,05 Cyborg
2. Shocker
3. Decked out Ion (I'm not biased)
4. ??? Wild Card ??? (You tell me)

I decided to consider an ion because to me i cant tell a difference between all these super fast shooting guns. < Part of the reason I'm asking the more paintball educated public.

Thanks in advance for any help.

KP

geekwarrior
08-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I have a nice 05 Angel Speed. Only reason I'm getting rid of it is because I picked up an 06 Gat.

d4m4don3
08-04-2006, 11:03 AM
I've been looking at the Freestyles and the Cyborgs myself, then I like at my ULE Mag and change my mind.

I've shot the Freestyles and like them :shooting: , but I don't know anyone who owns a borg thats local. :(

psychowarden
08-04-2006, 11:07 AM
X-mag of course :D Or E-mag, either way.

I also would take a look at Intimidators. I have always loved em, but thats just me.

dahoeb
08-04-2006, 11:10 AM
they're all good electros. just try them out and see which you like more.

but if I had to make the choice, i would personally shoot a cyborg.

hipster
08-04-2006, 11:12 AM
I own
1 ego ( which fast but is the least accurate of all the guns I own )
2 shockers ( which I love ,low maintanence, accurate and fast )
1 E-mag ( which can be tempermental but is still a great gat very fast very accurate)
1 Karny ( which is fast ,great on air and accurate but the style of shooting is not my style so I will prob sell it)

I have shot a lot of borgs they are good but some have a drop off prob which no one seems to under stand

and ions for some reason can eat boards ( but sp is real good about replacing them)

can't really comment on any of the others

BigEvil
08-04-2006, 11:28 AM
You can pick up a used Angel 05 speed for pretty cheap. Put another $150 for a drop in predator or other upgraded board and have gun that is fast and good on gas.

That's been my m.o. lately... there are too many nice used guns out there that people are giving away.

hipster
08-04-2006, 02:30 PM
I agree with big evil last years pl shockers regular shockers angels, karnies dm's even ego's are selling cheap right now its a buyers market

there are no guns that hold onto their new sticker price, nows the time to buy something used and try it if you don't like it you always sell it for what you paid ( you can't do that with something new )

going_home
08-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Tell me what you think I should get:

1. 04,05 Cyborg
2. Shocker
3. Decked out Ion (I'm not biased)
4. ??? Wild Card ??? (You tell me)

I decided to consider an ion because to me i cant tell a difference between all these super fast shooting guns. < Part of the reason I'm asking the more paintball educated public.

Thanks in advance for any help.

KP

Get an Emag. With ULE cocker threaded or aftermarket body, and an Xvalve is a must.
And then get the Xmod software, it rips.
When I got the Xmod software on my Emag, I got rid of the 06 Ego.
There are always some in the FS forum with the Xmod already installed.
Some people, as soon as they get a new marker, are already looking for their next one,
and are never satisfied.

Mags are so customizable, thats whats so great about them.
Get bored with your mags looks after a while, get a new body and rail for it.
:bounce:

duby
08-04-2006, 03:00 PM
if you decide to get the decked out ion, which i think is a better idea than most of the people will let you believe, build it from scratch instead of buying a stock ion and upgrading.

geekwarrior
08-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Some people, as soon as they get a new marker, are already looking for their next one,
and are never satisfied.

guilty

CoolHand
08-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Say it with me now;

Viking

I just bought an '03 yesterday that will make your eyes roll back into your head for less than $400.

:headbang:

CoolHand
08-04-2006, 03:42 PM
if you decide to get the decked out ion, which i think is a better idea than most of the people will let you believe, build it from scratch instead of buying a stock ion and upgrading.

Indeed, but be prepared to spend upwards of $700 to do it.

Arstron
08-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I love how freestyles shoot and I never had any problems out of my old one. My new love though is the "Fusion" by Dangerous power. It is a great gun for the price. I know its not very popular yet and is doughted becuse of it, but this marker will supprise quiet a few people before this year is out I think.

kingpen509
08-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Say it with me now;

Viking

I just bought an '03 yesterday that will make your eyes roll back into your head for less than $400.

V-I-K-I-N-G................Under $400.00 thats what I'm talking about, BALLER on a BUDGET right here!

WenULiVeUdiE
08-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Say it with me now;

Viking

For the money, a Viking is one of the best deals. For what I paid, I love my 04 Unmilled. Sure, with my setup it is too heavy and it truly does retract from my ability to play well, but it delivers speed and reliability. I've actually gotten bored with it because there is no maintenance to do on it.

A Cyborg would not be a bad choice either. I may pick one up in a few weeks.

psychowarden
08-04-2006, 05:23 PM
If Im ever heading to TCP anytime soon, I will let you know and you can drop by and try my X-mag out.

BD_Paintball
08-04-2006, 05:43 PM
i would look into used pm5's or dm5's. the go pretty cheap with lots of ups

Toll
08-04-2006, 05:47 PM
My mag I love to peices, but sometimes it's tempermental

I just got a viking from 04 and I am in love with it. Smooth, fast and 2k shots to a tank. 450$

If you're really on a budget, you might consider an 04 angel speed. Why? Because they are just so damn cheap and work quite well. Even if you are using the stock board and sensi, using a halob you will most likely never chop.

Cameo
08-08-2006, 01:59 AM
X-Cal is dandy...
but if you are getting an electro definatly go for the best...
E-Blazer

:hail:

VFX_Fenix
08-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Personally I'm fond of the 05/06 Speeds, apart from that, an Ego is high on my personal list of recommended markers, for the baller on a budget, the Ion is a tough item to top. Blind guns go to E-Mag and (of all things) Angel LED w/ double trigger and DYE trigger guard (aftermarket board sudgested to ditch the stick battery and just pop 9V's).

cpt
08-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Mags for 6 years, got an Ion last year. Low maintance but you need a feedneck, ASA trigger and detents. Other than that you don't need a thing and they are fast. You can get one used for $175 if you want to get your feet wet. But............. everyone has one. I picked up a new nerve for $325 and couldn't be happier. Comes with everthing. Markers are so cheap right (and I know that's relative) now you can have your pick of what you like best.

bentothejam1n
08-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm getting an 05 borg an it should be here in about a week. i'll be sure to post about it

93civiccpe
08-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I have owned or shot just about every marker mentioned above. The cyborgs are great guns, and if tuned right you can get at least a case off of a 68/4500 fill, which is pretty impressive. The Vikings are just classic.. I've always loved the look and feel of those.. in my opinion those are two of the best choices there, but I'll offer you a third.

I would look at the Alien line of markers. A used alien interceptor can be had for $400 or maybe a tad less. I picked up an alien after trying one out and really liking the feel and setup of it. One thing that really made me want one is the creator/owner of the alien line Jack Rice. He has that dedication that Tom Kaye and Glenn Palmer have, and is one of the few marker makers that actually keeps in touch with the customers and helps them tech their makers and is constantly posting on PBNation in their forum to help anyone who needs it. He is a hands on designer who created two very impressive markers, and definitely is worth taking a look at. The only complaint I have hear with the aliens is some people are picky about the trigger, but the word is CP is making a couple roller triggers for them which will fix that if you don't like the trigger. I have a few friends who play for the local store sponsored team and one plays an 05 ego and the other plays a DM6. Both have played my interceptor and love the feel, and both have put in orders to get one for themselves, either as a backup or possibly to take the place of their existing markers. And the interceptor is the cheaper one. The Remains is to the Interceptor what the SL66 ego is to a regular ego. The remains is insanely milled down and incredibly light, and still has a reasonable pricetag. I don't buy into hype, but I've been a paintball tech for a while and have loved the feel and play I get from my interceptor. I have heard the debate as to whether or not the sweep bolt actually works to give extra distance or a flatter flight and I know for myself it definitely shoots different than any thing else I've used in all my years, and everyone who has tried it notices it.

Anyways, with most of those markers you can't go wrong, but I'd stay away from an ion. I'm not hating on ions because of the price or hype, but as a paintball tech I've seen way too many come in for repairs. It is a cheaper version of the shocker, and it tends to have more problems and be more air inefficient than a shocker, so if you are going with a smart parts gun I'd say get a shocker over the ion. Personally I would prefer a viking, cyborg or alien if I had the choice, but try them out, and get what you thing feels the best.

eNder159
08-08-2006, 10:20 AM
get a dm4...mill the top most part of the body to accept a CCM nopro feedneck and BAM you have a dm5 instantly that will sell for atleast a 100 dollars more

MoeMag
08-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Buy My E-mag!

but...
DM's/PM's- fast, smooth, accurate, not very efficient, high maintenance.
Quest-cool and all, one moving part, 3 o-rings, but temperamental.
Ego-Holy crap. Nothing bad to say. that’s why its my main gun now.
e-tek- awesome gun for the price if you can get one.
Ion-great little gun. after being upped, they are hard to beat.
Timmys-They shoot nice but, if you want to be sitting on the side lines go ahead.
shockers-nice guns. there is a reason top teams use them. just know the '07 is something new. :ninja:
nerve- now that’s one hot little gun for a great price.

My $0.02 based off working at a paintball store for some time now.

personman
08-08-2006, 01:44 PM
I would go with the ICD Promaster. Tried and true design, in a slim, very nice looking package. Not to mention its quality for a low price. :)

11 Bravo
08-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I suggest an Angel. Anything from the 05 Speed and up.
Or build your own electric Mag. :)

peewee
08-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I would go with the ICD Promaster. Tried and true design, in a slim, very nice looking package. Not to mention its quality for a low price. :)

I second that. great marker for the money.