PDA

View Full Version : How do guy like your warps? Thinking of Buying one.

Pneumagger
08-06-2006, 01:09 AM
I've been thinking of getting a warp. I mean, I'm sorta fat, definately slow, play alot of woodsball and hyperball, and have 2 decently fast mags. I just like to sit back and unload. I really only make a move when I get alot of cover fire or nobody notices the 230lb guy walking hunched over to the next bunker. (so diving/sprinting and rough play generally aren't in my bag)

Would a warp body and feed be a good choice for me. Or should I just spring for the warp and use a vert adapter?
Just so you know, I use a ricco apache, so that's what would feed it. Plus I would not be able to intellifeed it.

psychowarden
08-06-2006, 01:34 AM
I would reccomend it if your not going to be doing any serious play for tournaments, although it would still be fun. Playing with a warp is one of the funnest experiences ever, its a totally different style of play, but is alot of fun.

Pneumagger
08-06-2006, 01:36 AM
how fast does a normal warp shoot.

psychowarden
08-06-2006, 01:39 AM
http://www.airgun.com/warp_feed.shtml

It says up to 20bps, I used it on my X-mag for a couple of days, and it fed it just fine.

FiXeL
08-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Yep, i had my xmag shooting 14bps over the chrono with warp (dual 9volt NiMh rechargables) so it should keep up. The warp is nice to have, but makes your gun a bit heavier. Since you play back, it should'nt be a problem tho. :)

Pneumagger
08-06-2006, 02:08 AM
I don't "play back" - I'm just kind of big and slow. I honestly never take more than 1-3 pods onto the field with me and try not to use them. I'm more of a woodsball and rec player.

However, I'm going out for the 1st time this year friday with both the pneu newmag and Emag ... so I'll definately bring all the pods I can. :shooting:

ZEROte
08-06-2006, 07:01 AM
i had two warps back in the day one of which was gratefully given to me by agd with the teams sponsorship. i need it to teach me how to tuck my hopper behind a bunker cause thats what kept getting hit. after i used it i put a vert feed on my mag and sold my warps and never regreted it. of all the equipment ive purchased and sold my warps were the only thing that i DO NOT regret selling. they just added extra weight and had no advantage that could be easily exploited. you really had to practice with special drills to use the warp to learn to use its advantages.

and i resent the fat and slow comment. im over 250 and i play the center 50 on every airball field i play on, but maybe thats cause i still have my youth on my side.

buzzboy
08-06-2006, 07:02 AM
By any chance do you have a PF right body laying around? I love having it on my warp. If my @#$% warp sensor didn't break I would say it is the best thing ever. Now it is intellifed but I haven't had a chance to test it out. I did use it twice though before the sensor died and it allowed me to tuck behind some smaller stuff. I was coming out of a wooden snake with only my face showing. It was great.

BigEvil
08-06-2006, 07:44 AM
I have a 12v warp. It feeds insanely fast, and did a good job of keeping up with my Xmod'd Xmag.

The ONLY reason I picked one up (used), was because with the Xmag warp breeech, I could see over the top of the gun. I am old school, and something about that apealed to me. If i had to run a hose up to the top of a gun into a verticle feed I would never have even tried it.

Since I shoot mags, I use a big 88/45 tank. The centerflag adjustable reg has a heavy SS reg. I used the warp for one season, then put it back in my gear box where it has sat ever since. There really is no big advantage IMO. THe extra weight alone was rough, and I usually am not the one around here complaining about things being too heavy. Xmag + SS 88 tank, + halo + warp = alot of sweating.

punkncat
08-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Warps are an interesting experiance. Having nothing over the top of your marker is super nice...especially in a pickup speedball game. Just messes people up that there is no hopper to hit. You can actually fire the marker upside down for a few shots.

The drawbacks are that warps add a bit of unneeded weight and pull your marker off balance. They are a complete pain to clean if you break a ball inside, not worse that a halo....When you get low on paint the last dozen or so paintballs won't feed unless you turn your marker over. When you reload after getting that low you have to prime the warp to get shooting again. You can't switch hands, you have to learn to flop your hands over for a cross shot. In the woods the design just begs snags and tangles with heavy brush.

The thing to keep in mind is that warps were designed in a different time. People were shooting revis and using insane drop forwards. With a warp you could shoot reliable strings faster than just a revi. With a huge cradle the warp and hopper just sat in the space that was already there from your off hand. It just worked out naturally.

Maggot6
08-06-2006, 09:15 AM
I absolutely loved using my warp (...no play stockclass, couldn't get enough of the feeling to see above the marker)..

In speedball especially, I liked sticking my head and gun out of a bunker, and having no one shoot at me because they thought I was just looking for a quick second. Of course, when this opportunity arrived I just spewed paint all over them.

I personally liked NOT having to switch hands, and just turning over the marker. Snapping doesn't have as much *snap* but you can overcome this easily after some reajusting.....

I would recommend one, even if you use if for two games and decide it was to heavy, just for the weird looks and comments. Personally, I didn't find it heavily uncomfortable. To give a description of my build, I used it when I was 14, weighed 110 pounds, and was 5'6"...I was (and still am..) a skinny little man,..
:shooting:

MANN
08-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Warps are defiently an aquired taste. IMO they are the best thing since sliced bread. I currently have 4 of them, and will not play without one. here is my .02$
Here are a few things to think about

As for weight they weigh 20 oz(1.25 lb) the same as an egg. I play with a 72" (~5lbs) steel tank so an extra 20 oz doesnt make the weight feel any different

Once secured to your gun correctly you can run, dive, run through brush, etc with it. The only downside to a warp is that you must get a hopper that will fit it correctly, or buy zip ties to go over the top of your hopper and around the warp bracket. I like the egg fit. no zip ties are required, and I can turn the gun upside down, and nothing will fall off. The richotek (sp) is not good on a warp they are too long

As for cleaning them they are located in the center of your body when you are shooting, so if you are hit in the warp you probally have more problems than cleaning it.

I have never had any balls break inside my warp. Given I am average player that only plays once or twice a month. I rotate between speedball & woodsball courses.

You will never have another hopper hit ever again. (you shouldnt) Without the hopper on top of your gun you will have a very low profile.

Usually you can find one floating around AO for @ 30-50 depending on condition. Buy it, play a few games with it. If you hate it just come back and sell it. You may lose 10 bucks, but I have a feeling you will love it.

REDRT
08-06-2006, 10:11 AM
After holding Phatom_Mags warped Xmag. I got the feel of it, I really liked it. Amazing how it changes how you can play. I'm not wild about switching to my off hand. I can do it but I'm not as good doing it. With a warp I don't have to. Tilt and rock on. I agree with BigEvil. To be able to see over the top is cool. I feel it is best used on the Xmag or SFL with warp breach. When I finally payoff the SFL it will be warped.

Chronobreak
08-06-2006, 11:25 AM
love my warp/s

good shells(havent broke one yet, unlike halos and many others)

does add minor weight, and balance issues, but most people adapt and it seems to balance out better or worse depending on your personal setup

i have never broken a paintball isnide the warp(in 4-5 years of using warps)

onyl downside other than minor weight/balance is that the wiring harness is kinda flimsy.

i also wish they had an on/off switch anda were 12 vlt ready, those are my only and very minor complaints.

also i do suggest the 12 vlt mod, and moreso if your not gonna have intelli

oh and warps life FRESH batteries

Chronobreak
08-06-2006, 11:29 AM
sorry for double posting

but it looked like agd was gonna discontinue the warps possibly..and i wouldnt ahve highly suggested buying one(unles cheaply), but think theyr like $50~ now so not too bad

but with the tac-one warps it looks like theyr gonna hold the line a little bit longer, maybe a warpgen2 eventualy.. :tard: :rolleyes:

Beemer
08-06-2006, 11:50 AM
What did he say? All ballers should be actors.

All actors should be ballers.

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/TomKayeWarpLesson.wmv

Cameo
08-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Brother just picked up a deal at Action Village for a warp. They had a few in stock as of ummm 4 days ago...

question that I have now...
To hook the warp up to a B2K bushey... where does the electricity feed off of??? We scoured the warp threads... Didn't find an answer.

to hook up to a Blazer, What other part do we need?? where do we go about getting it/ setting it up/ ect???

Sadley the only gun in our collection that we could hook it up properly to as of now was the Moongoose, which my 7 year old plays with... UGGG

VFX_Fenix
08-08-2006, 03:17 AM
The Warp hooked up to a bushy will just run off of the 9v battery(s) in the warp itself and use the vibe sensor to advance the ball stack.

The Warp hose should attach to any feedneck with a 90* adapter (part (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=65&categoryID=19))

Enjoy!

BigEvil
08-08-2006, 06:58 AM
The Warp hooked up to a bushy will just run off of the 9v battery(s) in the warp itself and use the vibe sensor to advance the ball stack.

The Warp hose should attach to any feedneck with a 90* adapter (part (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=65&categoryID=19))

Enjoy!

^
^^
^
^

Check out the warp manual for details about the vibe sensor and jumpers. With a little bit of ingenuity you could probably rig an intellifeed wire from the trigger switch if the vibe sensor doesnt do the job.

BigEvil
08-08-2006, 07:03 AM
What did he say? All ballers should be actors.

All actors should be ballers.

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/TomKayeWarpLesson.wmv

Did you see the look in TK's eyes when he was talking about the trigger? :rofl:

buzzboy
08-08-2006, 07:35 AM
On the bushy there might be problems. I used mine on the old BKO and it had feed consistancy problems because of the lack of recoil. On the mag though it should be fine.

To intelli to the Bushy just use the standard trigger microswitch. It worked for mine(till I cut a wire and f***ed the whole thing up)

behemoth
08-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Ive had 2. Sold them both (at profit, i may add.)

Never used either in a game.

I set them up nicely, and shot them, but i just didnt really see a big advantage to having a lopsided heavier gun...

-- If i stil had one, you'd be welcome to use it friday ;)

dahoeb
08-08-2006, 09:01 AM
i had one, and loved it.

i tried playing a few weeks without it (peer pressure pretty much). i was still effective at snap shooting but i felt more vulnerable and i was. the warp does a lot to help your profile.

the cons: its sortof a pain when your disassembling your gun for maintenance, its just another part to worry about. in game, sometimes the wheel will spin but it won't quite catch the paintballs, but this happens rarely, if i put a little lube on the wheels like i'm supposed to, i could probably avoid this. also, sometimes the hose will get a crink in it and it'll prevent feeding.

weight: it does add a good pound to your marker, but when i'm in the middle of the game, i never noticed. it does make a decent substitute for the foregrip too :)

pros:
the warp actually makes it a little easier for me to snapshoot i think, its just a little easier to aim i think.
its also a lot easier to come out of any side of the bunker now. all i do is tilt the marker. this is easier than trying to do it with your off hand. you can also come over the top of the bunker without being guranteed to get shot to pieces.

overall though, all the problems i had were mostly my fault. performance wise, this thing does exactly what its supposed to. the only way you can know if its the right thing for you is if you find one and try it. if you use the warp to its potential, its one of those pieces of gear that can actually change how you play, without you even realizing it.
i'll never put my warp down.

stop whining buy a mag
08-08-2006, 10:38 AM
There's been multiple threads on this.

Spend some time learning how to keep your hopper in while snapshooting. A little bit of practice will then save you $50, some weight, and another complicated thing to go on your gun.

They are no longer practical in any way unless you like looking down the top of your marker.

chill will
08-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Well I dont have the best eye site in my left eye, ok I'm blind(almost). While in the right eye I have 20/20 which is what I see in. Its the hole eye dominance thing. When you throw in a hopper and feed neck, know what I have is one hell of a blind spot due to both eyes having to process info :tard: . The warp gave me the ability to see again. :wow: Throw in a good pair of goggles and :shooting: .

Chris_automag_07
08-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Well I dont have the best eye site in my left eye, ok I'm blind(almost). While in the right eye I have 20/20 which is what I see in. Its the hole eye dominance thing. When you throw in a hopper and feed neck, know what I have is one hell of a blind spot due to both eyes having to process info :tard: . The warp gave me the ability to see again. :wow: Throw in a good pair of goggles and :shooting: .

hey....how is tche old mag doin anyway....pics?....i always wondered what it would look like with a warp

hitech
08-08-2006, 01:51 PM
If you mostly play airball where you can push the bunker in (what use to be against the rules :tard: ) to hide your hopper you probably won't find the warp as useful. That is unless you can't shot well offhand, then you still may find it useful. If you mostly play other types of ball where hiding your hopper it much harder the warp will be much more worth it. You do have to learn to play with it. Once you do, you'll never be able to play without it. ;)

:cheers:

chill will
08-08-2006, 02:10 PM
hey....how is tche old mag doin anyway....pics?....i always wondered what it would look like with a warp

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/chillwill11/100_11271.jpg

The vert body is to the left, but you cant see it very well. I will give you beter pics when I get my own camera. I Have another project that is still a work in progress. When ieverything is finished I will unleash the beasts.

Chris_automag_07
08-08-2006, 02:14 PM
nice.....wow....that is an extreme barrel

chill will
08-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah, 16 inchs of newbie intimadation. :eek:

jewie27
08-08-2006, 09:22 PM
I still have mine.

Aslan
08-09-2006, 12:41 AM
I tried to use one on my old Rebel LE...had a little trouble with balls getting stuck going into and coming out of the hose. I think I may have cut the hose too short and it was stretched or something.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/35000/Warpfed_Rebel0406_rs.JPG (http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic/35993.html)

I am going to be putting the warp on my Minimag when I ever get the Minimag back from Brad Nestle. I think with the powerfeed and old hose it should work flawlessly. I actually liked the feel of it and the profile. I'm used to heavier guns so it doesn't bother me regarding the extra weight.

Chronobreak
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
aslan, thats the ptp stuf right?

you dont wanna stretch it, and make sure its securely all the way in both the top and bottom,, any sharp turns like that can cause problems as ive expereinced

Aslan
08-11-2006, 11:48 PM
The hose is the new kind AGD sells in the 2 foot lengths. It's not the old plastic black hose...it's more like a rubber coated hose. I didn't realize it was so hard to cut and get just perfect. If it's rough at the joints or stretched too much, it just doesn't want to work...balls get stuck...as you probably know.