PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

BuyMyMag
08-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Lately I've been losing alot of intrest in paintball. I used to love to get up early on a saturday, get my gear together, and head out to the field for a day of fun. But lately, paintball has been warped from a sport to a fashion show, and a bragging competition. I don't even feel like paintballs even about having fun anymore. People go out there with their $1000 markers that mommy and daddy bought them, dressed in "agg" clothing, wearing a sandana, and some cheesy louis vuiton knock off accessories. I guess the players and the game aren't what they used to be... I visit PBNation and it's a flame war between little kids, I go to the field and get made fun of because of the marker I use..

Anyone else feeling this way? Maybe it's just the people at the field I play it.. I dunno.

Pneumagger
08-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, I know what you mean about the "attitude". That's why I prefer to play outlaw with buddies or simple rec walk on with the rental crowd. However, I've never been made fun of for using My Mag (http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/Black%20Widow/100_1565.jpg) ...and I find that older players see the mag and have a little bit of respect for old school.

psychowarden
08-06-2006, 04:54 PM
I agree that things get boring and old if you go out every weekend. I only get to go out and play once every month or two, and each time, I shut those little "agg" kids up with my Pump. And after they brag about how new and high tech their new guns are, they get shut up with my "out of date" X-mag.

BuyMyMag
08-06-2006, 06:59 PM
I agree that things get boring and old if you go out every weekend. I only get to go out and play once every month or two, and each time, I shut those little "agg" kids up with my Pump. And after they brag about how new and high tech their new guns are, they get shut up with my "out of date" X-mag.

I don't go every saturday. I work alot of weekends, so I usually go in my time off. It just seems like the sports been overtaken by prepubrescent immature children who take pride in being "agg" and acting like ******** on the field.

psychowarden
08-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I know what you mean, and I agree whole heartadly. Although I know that Im a young player(17), I feel that I act very mature for my age on the field. All thanks to one guy that I played with my first time at an actual field. He was very nice and very respectful. He let my friend and I use his marker, which was an E-bladed cocker, and he didnt totally womp on us, like he very well could have. After playing with him, I know that if every player acted that way to new and old players alike, the sport would be much better, so I am always lending out my gear and trying to make first time players come back as often as possible. But its those younger players that are there just to shoot people that are killing the sport.

behemoth
08-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Nobody makes fun, they seem to just go 'Whats that' when i had a mag, still do it with my sniper...

You proceed to insult their intelligence, and they go away, or get mad, but i'm six foot four, two hundered and eighty pounds.

they dont mess with me.

Troen
08-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Nobody makes fun, they seem to just go 'Whats that' when i had a mag, still do it with my sniper...

You proceed to insult their intelligence, and they go away, or get mad, but i'm six foot four, two hundered and eighty pounds.

they dont mess with me.
godzilla!

behemoth
08-06-2006, 08:17 PM
godzilla!

and you are tokyo.

Troen
08-06-2006, 08:20 PM
and you are King Kong
:rolleyes:

mag_lover05
08-06-2006, 08:25 PM
i know exactly what your talking about. i get the same thing. but i dont pay attention to them... they are just tryin to agitate you so you go buy a gun as "agg" as theirs. quite frankly, i see no point when what i use workes fine

Troen
08-06-2006, 08:37 PM
i hate the "whats with the weird grip on your shocker?" question :tard:

REDRT
08-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Lately I've been losing alot of intrest in paintball. I used to love to get up early on a saturday, get my gear together, and head out to the field for a day of fun. But lately, paintball has been warped from a sport to a fashion show, and a bragging competition. I don't even feel like paintballs even about having fun anymore. People go out there with their $1000 markers that mommy and daddy bought them, dressed in "agg" clothing, wearing a sandana, and some cheesy louis vuiton knock off accessories. I guess the players and the game aren't what they used to be... I visit PBNation and it's a flame war between little kids, I go to the field and get made fun of because of the marker I use..

Anyone else feeling this way? Maybe it's just the people at the field I play it.. I dunno.

I'm 32 and I can insure you mom and dad never have bought anything paintball for myself or my younger brother who is now 28. There is nothing wrong with bling. That is half the fun for me. Having equipment that turns heads. If you got it, flaunt it. ;) There have always been the kids you just love to hate. Some of them turn out to be ok and some are little turds. Play your game the best you can, when you can, with the best equipment you can afford. Don't worry about the other guys cause it just isn't worth the stress.

Toll
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Ever since I turned my pressure up to wave my bps-penis around no one has really said too much in a negative light about my mag.

nate2k191
08-06-2006, 10:34 PM
i got sick of paintballing too for a while with all the tourney/agg/marker hype, then i played in a huge scenario game with some friends and it was great. you just have to change it up every now and then, there are lots of ways to paintball and different people to play with.

do what's fun

BuyMyMag
08-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm 32 and I can insure you mom and dad never have bought anything paintball for myself or my younger brother who is now 28. There is nothing wrong with bling. That is half the fun for me. Having equipment that turns heads. If you got it, flaunt it. ;) There have always been the kids you just love to hate. Some of them turn out to be ok and some are little turds. Play your game the best you can, when you can, with the best equipment you can afford. Don't worry about the other guys cause it just isn't worth the stress.

Well I'm 17, and my parents don't pay for anything either, and I bought my timmy with my own money. I'm not your typical ******* kid, though. I despise those kids. Sometimes I use my timmy, other times I use my mag, and when I only use my mag, and keep my timmy in my bag, people hate, but when I decide to use my timmy, the hating stops. It's just immature people.

REDRT
08-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Well I'm 17, and my parents don't pay for anything either, and I bought my timmy with my own money. I'm not your typical ******* kid, though. I despise those kids. Sometimes I use my timmy, other times I use my mag, and when I only use my mag, and keep my timmy in my bag, people hate, but when I decide to use my timmy, the hating stops. It's just immature people.

Despise? Rather harsh. For the record. I'd make fun of you for using that timmy if I knew you had a mag.

BuyMyMag
08-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Despise? Rather harsh. For the record. I'd make fun of you for using that timmy if I knew you had a mag.

Why? In the woods I use my trusty mag, on the speedball field I use my timmy.

REDRT
08-06-2006, 11:22 PM
there are lots of ways to paintball and different people to play with.

do what's fun

How very true. For me I really just like the speed of the tourney field, but I have had some good times in the past in the woods. The only time I truely have any fun is when the guys I'm playing with also have mags. Pretty hard to come by times like that. :( Maybe at AO get togethers. Them for me are the very best days. :D

Pneumagger
08-06-2006, 11:38 PM
... I turned my pressure up to wave my bps-penis around ...

:rofl:
Quote of the week. Get this guy an AGD sticker

LinearGoose
08-06-2006, 11:41 PM
Well I guess its also where you play at. I usally play at one of my friends field and its pretty fun because everyone gives each other tips on how to get better and there is rarely an unsportmanship. But I went here localy and man I was shock on how ***** people where. The guy laughed when I told him I used a Mag. He wanted me to get an Ion because it was way faster and ther where alot of upgrades. Guess he never felt the real Mag Force.

REDRT
08-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Why? In the woods I use my trusty mag, on the speedball field I use my timmy.

There used to be a good song I really liked listening to on an old 45 I had. In the lyrics it said, "you got to do it to them before they do it to you". How true. I use mags a 100% of the time I get crap day in and day out even from my own groupies. Giving each other some crap is the way it is anywhere. I look at it as a form of bonding. In the Marine Corps we we beat the crap out of one another both physically and mentally. The mental strain alone some people just couldn't take it. The constant mental jabs and rude/lude yelling at you constantly. Being on edge angry all the time became a natural state of mind. Atleast at my duty station. Trash talking teens doesn't bother me at all. I was once very cocky, still can be. After the Marines I can just chuckle at them teeny boppers and dish it right back if I feel like it.