08-06-2006, 07:52 PM
This thing looks like an A-5.
Is it ?
I dont use CO2 but its real interesting the way the tank is set up :

http://www.pepperball.com/home_b.asp

:confused:

Troen
08-06-2006, 07:56 PM
its a pepperball gun, i think they are specially modified to shoot a different caliber. i dont believe pepperballs are .68 caliber for the reason of paintball players getting ahold of them and running amock. but yes, that definatly looks just like a tippman a5. i think you can buy air addapters like that, im not sure.

VFX_Fenix
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
So far as I was aware Pepperballs are .68 cal and Tippmann guns are among the many used as a delivery system for OC balls. That gun in question is indeed a Tippmann A-5 w/ eGrip which has been rebadged.

DiSoRdeR
08-06-2006, 08:43 PM
I like how the tank is mounted, very cool find. Didnt AGD used to make a marker for the same purpose or am I thinking of something else?

Maggot6
08-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Don't quote me, but I think AGD made the FN-303.

Lee
08-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Don't quote me, but I think AGD made the FN-303.

you've been quoted :D and yes they did. Tom holds the patent and fabrique nationale of belgium owns the license and markets them.

Chronobreak
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
13 ci tank on an a-5

..theyd be lucky to spend the entire hopper without running out of air :rofl:

mobsterboy
08-06-2006, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=Chronobreak]13 ci tank on an a-5

Chronobreak
08-06-2006, 09:54 PM
k,..

these are for crowd/riot control are they not?

when is the last time theyr was only 40 people rioting? seems like a low #

also, thats assuming the cops have good aim(from what ive seen not necesarily true with p-bal equip) unles the cop is trained to use it.

btw, i believe from one of the instructional/demo vids the pepperballs are aimed at the chest area then the person breaths in the vapors

...shooting somone in the face would be reckeles and irresponsible to say the least, not to mention defeating the purpose of les than lethal

mobsterboy
08-06-2006, 10:05 PM
k,..

these are for crowd/riot control are they not?

when is the last time theyr was only 40 people rioting? seems like a low #

also, thats assuming the cops have good aim(from what ive seen not necesarily true with p-bal equip) unles the cop is trained to use it.

btw, i believe from one of the instructional/demo vids the pepperballs are aimed at the chest area then the person breaths in the vapors

...shooting somone in the face would be reckeles and irresponsible to say the least, not to mention defeating the purpose of les than lethal

k, whens the last time that setting an example for a larger group is a great idea?

Troen
08-06-2006, 10:36 PM
k, whens the last time that setting an example for a larger group is a great idea?
when the police accidentally killed a girl during the boston redsocks riots with one of these. riot died pretty damn quick

VFX_Fenix
08-07-2006, 02:56 AM
However, no matter what the projectile, a shot to the head area is going to have the potential for serious damage.

Yes, a girl was killed in Boston by BPD when she was struck by an Pepperball-like round during the "Redsox Riots".

These are intended for crowd control, however I really don't think this is a viable option for large groups of people. I would think that tear gas would be a better option, though decidedly less descriminent.

Either way, get one of those things in a nice tight space, like say... a prison? Start blasting away at the walls and let the choking begin.

paint magnet
08-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Potentially lethal, yes. But still safer than shotgun-fired beanbags and fire hoses.

Pickle
08-07-2006, 02:49 PM
For crying out loud.

The gal killed in Boston was shot with an FN303. That round is significantly different than a pepperball or paintball round.

No cop is trained to shoot less lethal to the head unless it is a lethal force issue.

Chrono, you say you haven't seen cops have good aim with paintball/pepperball equipment. Do you care to elaborate where and when you saw this?

Chrono, when you see 40 people rioting and it is your job to break them up you tell me it is a low number. I've been there and done that with nothing other than one can of pepperspray and my fists. It sure didn't seem like a low number to me at the time.

That gun by Pepperball is an A-5. There are no modifications to the guns other than cosmetics.

SR_matt
08-07-2006, 02:53 PM
"LESS THAN LETHAL"

there we go now that we have the correct name

hmmm private use pepperballs, i know a few people that could use one or two shot at them... then again they have a lot o fhtings they could be arrested for so they probably will with in 5 years
-matt

Pickle
08-07-2006, 05:06 PM
"LESS THAN LETHAL"

there we go now that we have the correct name

-matt

The appropriate term is "Less Lethal". This is due to people actually dieing due to their implentation. The tools themselves are not "less than lethal", they are just "less lethal" or not as lethal.

Chronobreak
08-07-2006, 05:39 PM
well ive seen as many cops or more play paintball as much as anyone else

and frankly, they treat the guns(atleast at first) like a real gun, and im sure i dont need to elaborate on the differences.

my point is that it diddnt seem like alot of air, if it wasnt even enough to empty the hopper

wethere that is enough air, too much air, or not enough is no place for me to jusge i guess.. :tard:

68magOwner
08-07-2006, 05:54 PM
.....what happens if you chop a pepperball? :eek: :cry:

SR_matt
08-07-2006, 08:12 PM
The appropriate term is "Less Lethal". This is due to people actually dieing due to their implentation. The tools themselves are not "less than lethal", they are just "less lethal" or not as lethal.
o thats what i was going for i guess now lookign back i definatly didnt make it clear at all thats what i meant... o well
-matt

Lohman446
08-07-2006, 08:53 PM
And they are less lethal, than say the riot control shotguns or the 9MM in the holster. That being said my understanding is they are to be fired at the ground, and have an effective area of about six to ten feet. They are a discriminate crowd control device, and a few officers firing at the focal points of a crowd are likely to break it up.

Pneumagger
08-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Maybe that is why they go wit hthe a5. Reliable and self feeding every shot. With the egrip the cops can literally spray and pray.

RapidTransit
08-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Maybe that is why they go wit hthe a5. Reliable and self feeding every shot. With the egrip the cops can literally spray and pray.
The FN303 uses projectiles loaded from a rotating drum with a projectile that has fins on the back I think, I wouldn't even consider it a paintball gun.

Evil Bob
08-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Yep, its an A5.

These pepper balls are downright nasty even in their native packaged state, just opening the plastic bag they're stored in makes people gag and cough, you dont have to break them open to feel how potent they are.

They are designed to be an area affect tool, not a direct fire one, as was previously stated. The police are directed to shoot at the feet of their target to guarrantee a break, as we all know well that bouncers dont often break, for this stuff to maximize its effectiveness, it needs to be airborne, not rolling around on the ground.

Aye, the little girl was killed by a round from the FN-303, which has a much higher muzzle velocity then your typical marker, it also fires a specialized round that has a plastic shell on its tail end with fins to spin stablize it, its is a much heavier round.

-Evil Bob

Dryden
08-08-2006, 08:45 AM
This thing looks like an A-5.
Is it ?
I dont use CO2 but its real interesting the way the tank is set up :

http://www.pepperball.com/home_b.asp

:confused:A PMI-3/VM-68 style horizontal front bottle adapter. I like it!

paint magnet
08-08-2006, 09:23 AM

I was wondering that too. The A-5 Cyclone feed takes care of most of that, I suppose, but these were in use long before the A-5 came out. They still have the Pro/Carbine for sale on their site, with a regular 200 round non-agitated loader.

The FN-303 is most definately not a paintball gun, it's even made by a firearms company (or at least has their name on it). Granted there are Winchester paintball guns, but that's a different story.

Pickle
08-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Pepperball guns are also designed to be shot center mass. They are great tools for area saturation but they are also used and designed to be used as impact weapons.

Recon by Fire
08-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Handy for getting players out of that tight bunker position also.