PDA

View Full Version : How do I "RT" it?

G Squat
08-06-2006, 07:58 PM
My mag is x valved, ule bodied, ult'd, ultimate mech framed, and just an all around pimp mag. What do I need to make it an RT? I know I'll need an RT sear and rail, but can I make my gun an RT without getting an RT valve? I've been watching the Zak Vetter videos and I've decided I need that. I need that crazy speed and I need it bad.I dont even care if its game leagal... I just want to be able to say I can do it. 34 bps... geez. Anywho, can ya help me?

Troen
08-06-2006, 08:01 PM
adjustable high pressure tank, something like a dynaflow like i have will work fine. as the pressure increases into the gun (make sure you dont use macroline, it will bust, use the stainless steel braided air line) the pressure forcing your finger back out to resetting the trigger will also increase. depending on what on off pin you have and other charactaristics of the gun (changes on a gun to gun basis) around 1,000-1,200 psi you could apply just the right amount of pressure to have it RT fire like on a tippmann. Zak vetter got 34.5 bps with 2,000 psi. i assume it can be dangerous so do at your own risk :cheers:

edit
You also need to put the stock on off it, not the ULT. the ult stops rt firing in most conditions. The alpha mag has a way of getting it to RT fire without high pressure using the ULT, but i'm not sure. i forget the url to his website

going_home
08-06-2006, 08:06 PM
(make sure you dont use macroline, it will bust, use the stainless steel braided air line)

I only use macroline. I hate the steel stuff. Scratches up your markers.
And oh, I run all my mags at 1000 psi and have never had any problems
with the macroline.

:confused:

p8ntball72
08-06-2006, 08:07 PM
My mag is x valved, ule bodied, ult'd, ultimate mech framed, and just an all around pimp mag. What do I need to make it an RT? I know I'll need an RT sear and rail, but can I make my gun an RT without getting an RT valve? I've been watching the Zak Vetter videos and I've decided I need that. I need that crazy speed and I need it bad.I dont even care if its game leagal... I just want to be able to say I can do it. 34 bps... geez. Anywho, can ya help me?

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/ult_rapid-fire.html

"What people found was that if they put too many shims into their ULT assembly that the marker would rapid-fire and what's more, it would do so with a preset tank. So for example, say AGD sent you a tuned ULT X-valve on your Automag and you found that for your marker, 3 shims were needed for a properly tuned, no bounce trigger setup. If you were to put in say, 1 or 2 more shims you could get the marker to rapid-fire."

Troen
08-06-2006, 08:11 PM
I only use macroline. I hate the steel stuff. Scratches up your markers.
And oh, I run all my mags at 1000 psi and have never had any problems
with the macroline.

:confused:
some macro is higher quality then others, i run mine at ~1000 with macro no problems, but i wouldnt want to tell someone to crank it up to ~1200 and have it explode on him, it is only plastic afterall. just looking out for his best interests

White_Noise
08-06-2006, 09:52 PM
when i was still using my mags, i ran 1200psi from my dynaflow through macro with no problems, just have to make sure you get some parker macro so the line will take the pressure.

REDRT
08-06-2006, 09:54 PM

Basicly all you need is high imput pressure. Your ULT in you Xvalve at 1000psi zips just fine when tuned correctly(as many shims as it will take before it leaks or stop shooting for the ULT). The Xvalve by the way is an aluminum rt valve. No need to buy a stainless rt valve, or a rt sear and rail. You can base it off an AM/MM rail and sear. Basicly what makes the marker an RT is the valve. By rights you already have an rt. Also remember that the 34bps Zak gets is with a SCUBA tank at higher imput pressures than your going to get out of an adjustable reg'd tank designed for paintball.

BigEvil
08-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Its simple... get a pen and paper ready;

a Reactive trigger happens when one or two conditions are right.
1) high enough input pressure
2) short enough on/off pin length.(short enough so that it bounces without it running away)

It can be done with either a RT or a ULT On/off. The ULT pin is made shorter by adding shims. You can add shims on the RT also, but on my old one I filed the bottom of the pin down until I got it where I liked it.

AGD sells pins at different lengths, btw.

For your ULT, keep adding shims. Also, 1 lvl10 shims = 2 ult shims in case you need to substitute or run out.

With that frame, you may have to check the trigger rod length as well, since the trigger is not AGD specs to my knowledge. Which is not bad, but you may need to tinker with the rod legth a little.

G Squat
08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
sweet... so all I really need is shims. Is there anything anyone can tell me about why my sear is getting stuck in the back position. Sometimes the only way to get it to come back forward is to pull it with my fingers.