PDA

View Full Version : Shatnerball Big Game Warm Up @ Jungle Island

Pickle
08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Like was mentioned in a thread on AO and here, there will be a big game the day before Shatnerball. Gunny called me and asked for a big game that day. Knowing how large of a turnout is possible I hesitated a bit but still said yes. There were already players looking for a venue to play at on Sat, the day before the game. Below are the rules and itinerary. If yu have any questions I will be checking here. You can also go to Paintball4all (http://www.paintball4all.com) where threads for past big games have always been.

Jungle Island Big Game Rules

All normal field rules apply. No overshooting, no cheating…you get the idea.
Gun hits COUNT.
Max chrono is 280 FPS
Referee decisions are FINAL. If you don’t like the decision you may politely discuss it with me.
Each side will have one main flag station point. There will be additional flag stations that are capturable. In order to capture the flag station, the flag on the pole and pulley needs to be moved to reflect the color of your team. For example, if you play for the red team and you capture a flag station with a blue flag then you need to pull on the rope to change the flag to your color. Once this is complete your team may re-insert at this flag station.
Any player eliminated within a 20 foot radius of the flag station needs to re-insert at an alternate flag station. If no flag station is available then that player needs to wait until the flag station is overrun and the game is restarted, or another flag station is opened.
Medics will be in play on a limited basis. A medic can heal a body wound and nothing else. Medics can not heal head shots or gun hits. In order for a medic to heal a player first they must clean the hit off the player and then they must use a “bandage” provided by Pickle.
ANYONE caught cheating will be warned once. Any player caught cheating twice will be removed from the field. Notice I didn’t say “asked to leave” . Cheating includes wiping, playing on with an obvious hit and all the normal crap cheaters pull.
Players with excessive FPS may be asked to leave on a case by case basis to be determined by Pickle.

Big Game Itinerary

0700 - Park gates open
0800 - See old friends
0813 - Get gear ready
0830 - Go to staging area for orientation
0900 - Game on
Noonish – Lunch. ½ hour long or so
1400 - Break for gun maintenance
1445 - Break for gun maintenance again (for Cocker owners)
1500 - Maybe change things up a bit by playing different formats. i.e. attack and defend on the hill or center flag or even old school capture the flag.
1600 - Stand down
1630 - Swap stories, email addresses and phone numbers.
1700 - Drive home to wife angry you played paintball….AGAIN!
1900 - Defy wife’s warnings and go to paintball4all.com

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3259/biggame4smup0.jpg

I would like to give a big thanks to Skeletor for the poster. He has been doing a great job for me on these and I really appreciate it. We are keeping with the WWII theme this game because Shatnerball is a WWII themed game. Due to the popularity of the grenades last game we both decided this poster would be a good choice.

d4m4don3
08-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Wohoo!!! :clap:

geekwarrior
08-07-2006, 04:03 PM
thankyou pickle! I will be there with 3 or 4 guys :headbang:

Is there going to be a sign up list or a reg?

Pickle
08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
thankyou pickle! I will be there with 3 or 4 guys :headbang:

Is there going to be a sign up list or a reg?

No, just show up!

pennywise
08-08-2006, 12:12 AM
1400 - Break for gun maintenance
1445 - Break for gun maintenance again (for Cocker owners)
Classic! :D

paintballfiend
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I went on the Jungle Island website and there is nothing about a "Big Game" on sept. 16. :(

Pickle
08-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I went on the Jungle Island website and there is nothing about a "Big Game" on sept. 16. :(

It is still happening though. I know, I have to run it.

Pickle
08-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Ladies and gentlemen,

I have received a few inquiring about the purpose and lay out of this game so let me dispell and inform at the same.

This is a big game. This is not a scenario game. This will be played like a regular paintball game on a larger footprint of dirt. That is all. There are no missions, no props, no vehicles, no law rockets. This is intended as a warm up game for Shatnerball on the following day. This is a game where we can all get together and have a friendly day of paintball.

I now return you to your regular shceduled programming. :D

p8ntball72
08-10-2006, 08:31 PM
How about No Medics?

Pickle
08-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Don't know yet.

p8ntball72
08-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Just thought I'd ask, being that a medic is a Scenario based "role" and would most likely dilute and complicate the big game atmosphere.

Not that its unheard of to have a hybrid format of the two.. scenario/big game, but what would be the balance for that role if not allowing missions, props, vehicles, and law rockets?

Pickle
08-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Just thought I'd ask, being that a medic is a Scenario based "role" and would most likely dilute and complicate the big game atmosphere.

Not that its unheard of to have a hybrid format of the two.. scenario/big game, but what would be the balance for that role if not allowing missions, props, vehicles, and law rockets?

We've allowed them in the past with good success. It was just one thing I did to make things slightly different.

Rudz
08-11-2006, 07:38 PM
semi auto only right? or do us xmod rocking guys get to have some fun? ramping to 15? i wont break the rules, i just wanna know.

p8ntball72
08-11-2006, 07:57 PM
semi auto only right? or do us xmod rocking guys get to have some fun? ramping to 15? i wont break the rules, i just wanna know.

This will only open a can of worms, and will be next to impossible to regulate on the field.
Jungle Island has always been "Simi only" as far as I can remember.

Rudz
08-11-2006, 08:00 PM
well i was hoping, but i figured it was semi only.

p8ntball72
08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
dont take my word for it.
Its pickles show :D he can make the call.

Rudz
08-11-2006, 10:00 PM
i could lock my xmag, as well as my devilmag, both are a pain to unlock, i could lock on 15 bps, psp or nxl mode.

geekwarrior
08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
sounds like I better figure out the modes on my new Angel Gat :ninja:

Rudz
08-11-2006, 10:17 PM
im sure we wont even be able to use em, but its worth a try

Pickle
08-12-2006, 12:06 AM
One ball per trigger pull. Not one ball per pull and one per release. No ramping.

Field and insurance regs rules. If you can lock your crutches...err...I mean electronic markers in a pure semi mode then feel free to bring them. Paintball is still a game of honor. Just be forewarned though that the penalty can be harsh if this rule is broken. So make sure you have your setting correct.

Rudz
08-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey, not my fault yall can't keep up, lol, semi it is.

hitech
08-15-2006, 10:31 AM
I've managed to signup for Shatner Ball, so I'm going to be able to make it. It's been a year since I played last...

:cheers:

Pickle
08-16-2006, 08:27 PM
In the past big games we have always done a few giveaways at the end of the game. This time around though I would like any items that are going to be donated for the raffle to go to Shatnerball. It is important that we support Jungle Island, Tom Kaye, MXS and Bill's charities instead of ourselves. Caltrop's own LJ Marcus has secured a deal with Q-Loader to donate at least one system. Thanks in advance, Pickle.

HIT
08-23-2006, 03:44 AM
I know a few 702 RECON players are planning this event, and I'm trying my best to be one of them HOWEVER it is not looking good!! This info was posted by Pickle on our site also, so word is out..
This is the one everyone on our team wants to hit. I love playing @ JI, because you never know what is going to happen!!!!

-Paul

Pickle
08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
I talked to Gunny last night. Because of the reduce revenue from Shatnerball being postponed there are some changes. Unfortunately, none of them are good ones.

#1. There will be no camping.

#2. The netting that separates the fields for the easement is strung up with heavy cable. There is no easy way to take these things down. It is very labor intensive to get the netting down and then up again. This labor costs money. As such the netting will stay up and we will be limited to the same playing area we have used in the past. Congo, castle and the rest of the field under the trees will not be connected to the rest of the playing field.

I am sorry guys.

Pickle

Pickle
08-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Alright guys, ask and ye shall receive. I went to bat for you on this so do me proud.

There will be camping. $10 per tent or RV. There will be no camp fires. BBQ is okay.

Remember gents, you asked for this so take advantage of it. Give Gunny your money to justify this expense for him.

Pickle
08-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Alright guys, ask and ye shall receive. I went to bat for you on this so do me proud.

There will be camping. $10 per tent or RV. There will be no camp fires. BBQ is okay.

Remember gents, you asked for this so take advantage of it. Give Gunny your money to justify this expense for him.

Also, gates open at 1700 hours on Friday for your camping pleasure.

geekwarrior
09-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Also, gates open at 1700 hours on Friday for your camping pleasure.

is anybody planning on camping out for this?

Rudz
09-17-2006, 12:28 AM
so howd it go guys?

Pickle
09-17-2006, 11:55 AM
so howd it go guys?

I think it went well but I am biased :D.

Final body count was 315 but I think that included a 30 person private group. I'll let the others put in their $0.02. It was nice to meet some AO'ers there.

d4m4don3
09-17-2006, 07:51 PM
I think it went well but I am biased :D.

Final body count was 315 but I think that included a 30 person private group. I'll let the others put in their $0.02. It was nice to meet some AO'ers there.
:D Great game, As Tom Kay would say we mowed some muppets =).
At one point of the day we had a few adults and all kids. We were getting surrounded and I almost ran out of paint when the guys to my right were taken out and breached our defense of the last staton. :shooting:

Shingo
09-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Man! missed it! I need to look around these forums more. Would have been nice to see other mags on the field other then mine. $300+ players at Jungle Island must have been pretty sweet. Looking forward to hearing how the whole thing went. Pics anyone?

When's the next one? Would love to meet some fellow AOers in SoCal.

~Shingo~

geekwarrior
09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Man! missed it! I need to look around these forums more. Would have been nice to see other mags on the field other then mine. $300+ players at Jungle Island must have been pretty sweet. Looking forward to hearing how the whole thing went. Pics anyone?

~Shingo~

I think d4m is planning a private game at SC this week Sat.

d4m4don3
09-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Sept 23rd there's a private game a buddy of mine is setting up, I need more details from him though. I'll try and find out by the end of day.

:D

Pickle
09-18-2006, 05:28 PM

~Shingo~

Pics will be up on paintball4all.com in about a week.

Pickle
09-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Pics are up
http://public.fotki.com/ChronoCheck/september_06_big_game/